Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker might also be the top candidate to replace DMDR as the starting three on the team. I've been assuming McD would get it, since the SL could use better shooting and size. But it also needs scoring, and Walker is the most gifted three-level scorer on the team right now. I would prefer him to start at the two along with McD and Johnson as the middle guys, but I have no reason to believe that's going to happen. Forbes obviously might start, but Pop might've also signed him to be the sixth man, freeing Lonnie to try again in the SL. If he is playing SF, then getting stronger on defense is a must.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker might also be the top candidate to replace DMDR as the starting three on the team. I've been assuming McD would get it, since the SL could use better shooting and size. But it also needs scoring, and Walker is the most gifted three-level scorer on the team right now. I would prefer him to start at the two along with McD and Johnson as the middle guys, but I have no reason to believe that's going to happen. Forbes obviously might start, but Pop might've also signed him to be the sixth man, freeing Lonnie to try again in the SL. If he is playing SF, then getting stronger on defense is a must.

I bet they roll out Johnson and Young in the SL

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet they roll out Johnson and Young in the SL
    I don’t think the Spurs can start a combo of Poeltl, Murray, Young, & Johnson… that’s like 6 threes per game

Oh god. And then Forbes would have to start and shoot 10 threes a game….

next season might be unwatchable haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young has primarily come off the bench the last 2 years. Doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the Spurs can start a combo of Poeltl, Murray, Young, & Johnson… that’s like 6 threes per game

Oh god. And then Forbes would have to start and shoot 10 threes a game….

next season might be unwatchable haha
    I think Young plays the Gay role and probably more backup Center. I think Poeltl is a mid 20 min player, so plenty of minutes of young switching from the 5 and 4. His role as small ball 5 should work for most teams in the game. This makes room for Luka or Aminu as backup 4. I think the 3 will be covered by Mcdermott/Walker/Vassell/Luka.

Starting
    Murray
    White
    Walker or Mcdermott
    Johnson
    Poeltl

Second unit
    Forbes
    Vassell
    Mcdermott or Walker
    Luka
    Young

What would be interesting is if Johnson get's injured. A young and Poeltl front line is not ideal. I think Luka just gets token starts then and Aminu becomes the backup 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would also prefer the starting lineup to be DJM, Walker, Johnson, McD and Poeltl. If White and DJM are both in the starting lineup our playmaking for the 2nd unit will be poor. I do not want Tre and Forbes to play together, their lack of height would be exploited by other teams.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a lot of directions Pop can take this team purely through his rotation. That’s exciting but lots of possibilities for frustration. I doubt Pop sees this team as a rebuild. I expect him to play our veterans more than we want. I mean, we can’t expect him to completely change his M.O.

SL:

Yak
    Young
    McDermot
    White
    Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a lot of directions Pop can take this team purely through his rotation. That’s exciting but lots of possibilities for frustration. I doubt Pop sees this team as a rebuild. I expect him to play our veterans more than we want. I mean, we can’t expect him to completely change his M.O.

SL:

Yak
    Young
    McDermot
    White
    Murray
    There's no way johnson doesn't start. reflecting, i think that spurs get away with McDermott at the 3, if white and Murray are starting, and lonnie coming out as a jamal crawford type (go for buckets as a primary ball handler).

Alternatively, if white is on the bench in a manu role (primary playmaker), then lonnie could start at the 2.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way johnson doesn't start. reflecting, i think that spurs get away with McDermott at the 3, if white and Murray are starting, and lonnie coming out as a jamal crawford type (go for buckets as a primary ball handler).

Alternatively, if white is on the bench in a manu role (primary playmaker), then lonnie could start at the 2.
    I’m pondering what may happen not what I think should happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s interesting to see people talking about two known bench players (Young and McDermott) in the starting lineup.

At this point the question is who is starting Forbes or Walker?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker might also be the top candidate to replace DMDR as the starting three on the team. I've been assuming McD would get it, since the SL could use better shooting and size. But it also needs scoring, and Walker is the most gifted three-level scorer on the team right now. I would prefer him to start at the two along with McD and Johnson as th e middle guys, but I have no reason to believe that's going to happen. Forbes obviously might start, but Pop might've also signed him to be the sixth man, freeing Lonnie to try again in the SL. If he is playing SF, then getting stronger on defense is a must.
    Lonnie , in my opinion is never going to be a defensive stalwart. He must capitalize on his athleticism on the offensive side of the ball. That is where his potential success lies. It is now time for him to or get off the pot. It is a mental thing and it is time for him to show if he has the fuzzy nuts or not.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s interesting to see people talking about two known bench players (Young and McDermott) in the starting lineup.

At this point the question is who is starting Forbes or Walker?
    whatchoo talkin bout future?? dougie mcbuckets is our super-awesome free agent score!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had given up on Walker's prospects and was ready to move on. But after Forbes' signing I'm hoping to god that Pop will give him on final chance to prove that he belongs in the league by giving him consistent burn for the entire season.

Not gonna hold my breath doe, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have there been any rumors at all about the Spurs trying to extend Lonnie? PAFO are usually quiet but Rich Paul's agency sometimes leaks things. Anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see Jock at center, Luka PF, Johnson SF Walker SG, and White at PG. Murray can come off the bench with Forbes to provide defense to cover for Forbes lack thereof. This allows for plenty of three point shooters in the starting lineup. I also see Walker as the only player with the true potential to score 20ppg plus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have there been any rumors at all about the Spurs trying to extend Lonnie? PAFO are usually quiet but Rich Paul's agency sometimes leaks things. Anything?
    It’s unlikely we hear anything until close to the extension deadline, which is just before the season begins. They’ll probably look to extend him to a figure that’s less than his cap hold of $13 mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve rooted for Lonnie, and Luka, to finally have their breakout years without the vets. But I’m willing to give up both, and DJ, for a chance to get a franchise player like Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s unlikely we hear anything until close to the extension deadline, which is just before the season begins. They’ll probably look to extend him to a figure that’s less than his cap hold of $13 mil.
    Agreed - I’m actually fine with 4/50M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve rooted for Lonnie, and Luka, to finally have their breakout years without the vets. But I’m willing to give up both, and DJ, for a chance to get a franchise player like Simmons.
    I was with you until those last two words. Simmons isn't a franchise player whatsoever. Mind-blowing to me that people have looked at his entire career arc and still think he's just "gonna get there" someday. Don't be surprised in a couple years when people talk about Simmons the way they talk about Draymond now - glorified role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also 100% agree with Chinook; Lonnie starting makes a whole lot of sense.

DJ
    Derrick
    Lonnie
    Doug/Thad
    Jak

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also 100% agree with Chinook; Lonnie starting makes a whole lot of sense.

DJ
    Derrick
    Lonnie
    Doug/Thad
    Jak
    I agree with the premise, but not the lineup. I can't see Keldon not starting.

Picking Doug there would be a defensive disaster, and Thad starting next to Poeltl would kill the spacing, especially factoring in Murray. Keldon will have to shoot more 3s though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Picking Doug there would be a defensive disaster, and Thad starting next to Poeltl would kill the spacing, especially factoring in Murray. Keldon will have to shoot more 3s though.
    Agreed on Keldon starting and needing to shoot more 3’s. At some point this team will need to make a decision on Murray or Poeltl considering how low this teams % is and attempts are for 3’s. If we’re tanking there seem to be a few C’s in next years draft that would immediately replace Poeltl in this starting lineup who can help with 3 point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don’t start Thad. He’s been coming off the bench for the last two years.

DJ
    White
    Lonnie
    Keldon
    Poeltl

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure the exit interviews clued him into it
    I'm almost nervous that he'll show something next year since it means he waited until a contract year to care about defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't get too attached Lonnie being here much longer.

He's a good candidate for being the Danny Green in the next bad Kawhi-style trade they make.

Thread Information