Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to have him back, regardless of the status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have U.S citizenship?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his first bit of advice will be to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his first bit of advice will be to tank.
    Manu : we should tank

Pop :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have U.S citizenship?
    Probably not. Argentina doesn't allow dual Citizenship with anyone except Italy & Spain. He's likely just renewing his Green Card every 10 years to maintain his permanent resident status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not. Argentina doesn't allow dual Citizenship with anyone except Italy & Spain. He's likely just renewing his Green Card every 10 years to maintain his permanent resident status.
    Ah ok ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu can help the spurs win just 1 game with his knowledge and experience, it will easily be worth it. Having a future Hall of famer like Manu is priceless. Very positive influence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what? I'm pretty sure that's not the case tbh. I know a couple IRL people that have both Argie & a slavic country's citizenship (Slovenia in one case, don't remember which in the second one), and a third one with a USA & Argentina dual citizenship. As far as I know, it's the other way around with Argie citizenship: by Cons ution, it's irrevocable and inalienable, so it's usually the second nationality country's restrictions that hinder you, not the first's.

Having said that, I don't know the requirements for getting US citizenship and whether they require direct bloodline in order to get; pretty sure Manu doesn't have relatives there so it'd have to be some other way. Him consistently renewing his Green Card makes the most sense, in any case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what? I'm pretty sure that's not the case tbh. I know a couple IRL people that have both Argie & a slavic country's citizenship (Slovenia in one case, don't remember which in the second one), and a third one with a USA & Argentina dual citizenship. As far as I know, it's the other way around with Argie citizenship: by Cons ution, it's irrevocable and inalienable, so it's usually the second nationality country's restrictions that hinder you, not the first's.

Having said that, I don't know the requirements for getting US citizenship and whether they require direct bloodline in order to get; pretty sure Manu doesn't have relatives there so it'd have to be some other way. Him consistently renewing his Green Card makes the most sense, in any case.
    Idk, I just googled it and got this...

Argentina has dual citizenship agreements with Italy and Spain. Individuals from other countries are not en led to dual citizenship and must therefore renounce their original citizenship in order to become naturalized. Children born abroad to Argentine parents do not automatically acquire Argentine citizenship.
    Manu likely came here on a H1 Visa initially, but that can turn into a green card & even a citizenships(eventually) if you employer is willing to file the necessary forms. I've got multiple cousins who here that way and went on to become citizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu likely came here on a H1 Visa initially, but that can turn into a green card & even a citizenships(eventually) if you employer is willing to file the necessary forms. I've got multiple cousins who here that way and went on to become citizens.
    Sounds like Argentina doesn't give citizenship to people from most other countries, but that doesn't suggest that Argentinians have to renounce their citizenship to get it from another country. So if Manu did want US citizenship, he could likely get it, but like Duncan couldn't get Argentine citizenship without renouncing his American status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Argentina doesn't give citizenship to people from most other countries, but that doesn't suggest that Argentinians have to renounce their citizenship to get it from another country. So if Manu did want US citizenship, he could likely get it, but like Duncan couldn't get Argentine citizenship without renouncing his American status.
    This could be it, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can also get citizenship easily if you are rich. They are special programs that the US has that allows rich people to get citizenship quicker than regular people from other countries. I'm sure Manu can take that special pathway since he is rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, that's exactly how it is. Thanks for wording it up, Chino.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can also get citizenship easily if you are rich. They are special programs that the US has that allows rich people to get citizenship quicker than regular people from other countries. I'm sure Manu can take that special pathway since he is rich.

Manu's passport

Thread Information