Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nbadan Good call on Qualcomm. I didn't have the available funds at this time to go for it (though I would have if I knew it was such a sure thing). But you called it. Think they were up about 8.5 percent on the day when I looked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kodak is a classic case of pump-and-dump. It had an average trading volume of around 100k per day ... the day before the announcement the volume jumped to 1.6M and the price quadrupled.

You can bet that people in the Trump admin, Congress, and Mar-a-lago would have made a killing buying this dog before the news came out. And now they'll all be selling, leaving retail investors holding the bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except i never said that.
    you straight up called it communist

Did kodak have a choice yes or no.
    i've read up on in a bit more, and it seems they did. wall street journal who broke the story said kodak "won" the loan. they still have to pass due diligence screening to actually receive the loan, etc.

but even if it was completely involuntary, that wouldn't be "communism" because kodak doesnt become socially owned. they are still privately run and profits are shared privately.

Thats where communism comes in.
    no. communism has nothing to do with this, at all. communism implies that there is no state. it's literally impossible for it to be a communist move if the state is partnering with a privately owned business.

Let me put it this way. Is china communist yes or no?
    not by any stretch. it's authoritarian though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you straight up called it communist

i've read up on in a bit more, and it seems they did. wall street journal who broke the story said kodak "won" the loan. they still have to pass due diligence screening to actually receive the loan, etc.

but even if it was completely involuntary, that wouldn't be "communism" because kodak doesnt become socially owned. they are still privately run and profits are shared privately.

no. communism has nothing to do with this, at all. communism implies that there is no state. it's literally impossible for it to be a communist move if the state is partnering with a privately owned business.

not by any stretch. it's authoritarian though.
    Disagree

China is communist

Communism good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree

China is communist

Communism good now
    they aren't communist by any definition of the word.

they aren't stateless. in fact, they have an authoritarian state.

they aren't a moneyless society

and the means of production are not socially owned. post-mao they went back to privatizing to stimulate the economy. right now something like 80% of their GDP is from private enterprise.

china is nominally communist in the sense that their one political party is the communist party, but thats not how they govern any more than North Korea's only party being the "Workers Party of Korea" or their official state designation being the democrat people's republic of korea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and the means of production are not socially owned. post-mao they went back to privatizing to stimulate the economy. right now something like 80% of their GDP is from private enterprise.

china is nominally communist in the sense that their one political party is the communist party, but thats not how they govern anymore than North Korea's only part being the "Workers Party of Korea" or their official state designation being the democrat people's republic of korea
    Disagree

In the end their government giveth and taketh all away

Same thing in this thread scenario

Its ok to disagree

Communism good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree

In the end their government giveth and taketh all away

Same thing in this thread scenario

Its ok to disagree

Communism good now
    you are describing authoritarianism not communism

i'm trying to spoonfeed you but you are refusing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just read the bottom 2 paragraphs, amigo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qualcomm is up 14.70% (so far) on the day. I bought about $6k worth and the rest ($2k) I put in IBIO.....both are up significantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short sellers and profit takers hurt my IBIO profits for the day, but I will likely hold on to the stock over the weekend and see if it goes back over $5.00. Sad that I missed the run on UPS but you can't hit them all. Counting up my profits and looking at the charts and earning statements for tomorrow....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are describing authoritarianism not communism

i'm trying to spoonfeed you but you are refusing

Disagree. Communism.

Kodaks stock is up 1,700% from last friday close all to government intervention

Communism good now, komrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Communism.

Kodaks stock is up 1,700% from last friday close all to government intervention

Communism good now, komrade
    i mean yeah if you want to ignore what communism means and invent your own definition of it which completely contradicts the academic term, yeah go ahead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean yeah if you want to ignore what communism means and invent your own definition of it which completely contradicts the academic term, yeah go ahead
    Agree to disagree.

In my book q government that calls itself a democracy and free market capitalist. The most in the world btw

That government then proceeds to hand billions upon billions to a failing company under the guise of "war powers" then proceeding to increase that companys value by 1,700% in a day.

Thats communism because in communism, the state has final say of the fates of companies. Its the opposite of free market.

Again. Agree to disagree

Communism good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

china is nominally communist in the sense that their one political party is the communist party, but thats not how they govern any more than North Korea's only party being the "Workers Party of Korea" or their official state designation being the democrat people's republic of korea
    Definitional quibbles about what communism really is aside, the massive, multisector Federal Reserve and federal support for businesses and equities is a PRC-style policy. The US has never propped up businesses and Wall Street like this before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree to disagree.

In my book q government that calls itself a democracy and free market capitalist. The most in the world btw

That government then proceeds to hand billions upon billions to a failing company under the guise of "war powers" then proceeding to increase that companys value by 1,700% in a day.

Thats communism because in communism, the state has final say of the fates of companies. Its the opposite of free market.

Again. Agree to disagree

Communism good now
    there is no "state" if there is communism

but you can keep going with your pretend definition. did you read the post above describing economic fascism? sounds like what you are describing tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no "state" if there is communism

but you can keep going with your pretend definition. did you read the post above describing economic fascism? sounds like what you are describing tbqh
    Yes there is.

See china, vietnam

Agree to disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes there is.

See china, vietnam

Agree to disagree
    did you read the short segment on economic fascism? sounds like what you are describing tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you read the short segment on economic fascism? sounds like what you are describing tbqh
    Thats your opinion. Agree to disagree

I already explained why I call it communism. Not sure why you cannot accept a differing opinion. I accept yours

Communism good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats your opinion. Agree to disagree

I already explained why I call it communism. Not sure why you cannot accept a differing opinion. I accept yours

Communism good now
    fasho. you call it communism because you have your own personal made up definition for communism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fasho. you call it communism because you have your own personal made up definition from communism
    Thats your opinion. I respect it.

Agree to disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats your opinion. I respect it.

Agree to disagree
    what are we disagreeing on anymore?

i agree that you define communism as what is typically considered economic fascism, and therefore you are considering this kodak deal to be one of communism

agree to agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said this move by US marks ALL the checkmarks of definition of communist. It checks a few as I described.

we dontbev3n as a country mark all the checkmarks of a democracy and we call ourselves one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said this move by US marks ALL the checkmarks of definition of communist. It checks a few as I described.

we dontbev3n as a country mark all the checkmarks of a democracy and we call ourselves one.
    yup, it fits your personal definition of communism

we agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are we disagreeing on anymore?

i agree that you define communism as what is typically considered economic fascism, and therefore you are considering this kodak deal to be one of communism

agree to agree
    You live in theory. I live in the real world. No country ever has been a true communism or a capitalist or even a democracy.

Agree to disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You live in theory. I live in the real world. No country ever has been a true communism or a capitalist or even a democracy.

Agree to disagree
    there's no disagreement

your personal definition of communism is when the state tells a private business what to do, and that's what's happening here, which is why you call it communist

agreed

Thread Information