Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot has to do with where they draft. If the draw a good pick, top 2 or 3, pay the already developed youngsters, and roll the dice that the high lottery pick can develop into your franchise guy, and to with the 21 cap room. If you draft at 11, maybe hold off on White until next summer, and wade into the FA market with gusto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs payed Murray based on his potential ceiling. White is a more refined player and arguably at his ceiling now so i believe a similar deal is fair.
    Nah, if only from experience and confidence his ceiling will grow exponentially. He's nowhere close his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will probably only get 1 new contract in his physical prime. He has to make his money now being an older player for a rookie contract. I'd think he'd be less willing to take a smaller salary. DJ is younger and was coming off an injury, White is older and healthy. I'd expect his agent to push for more. Whether he gets it is another thing. He deserves it though.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs payed Murray based on his potential ceiling. White is a more refined player and arguably at his ceiling now so i believe a similar deal is fair.
    why do u think that white is at his ceiling now? bc what i see is white playing better and better in every game while djm is still the same or even slighltly worse...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps white is not at his ceiling but he is playing very very well. I guess what i meant is that White is playing at the level the Spurs probably expect Murray to play in the future when he finally starts to realize his potential. So a similar deal wouldn't be a stretch, maybe pay him a few million more since they aren't gambling with his development like they did with Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, if only from experience and confidence his ceiling will grow exponentially. He's nowhere close his ceiling.
    Even if he was, 20-5-5 and an absolute beast on defense is worth more than 4 yrs/$60 mill, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White & Johnson are worth more than Murray & Walker. The latter 2 guys need to get their together or SA just needs to move them. Murray for sure. He is who I thought he was. ALL TALK and SELFIES.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he was, 20-5-5 and an absolute beast on defense is worth more than 4 yrs/$60 mill, tbh.
    Shhh, don't say it too loud. The less we have to pay him, the better to make up for what we overpaid for Instagramballer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years/$80 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me the players at White's age that have shown dramatic improvement? I can think of a couple but that's it. He's likely near his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me the players at White's age that have shown dramatic improvement? I can think of a couple but that's it. He's likely near his ceiling.
    Age has little to do here. Experience, time in the league and role play a much bigger part here. If White takes the confidence gained from this bubble mini-tournment, and Pop mantains his role as a primary playmaker, White will only get better with time as he starts to believe more in himself and the game slows down for him. He might be at his physical prime, he's nowhere close to his productivity prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs FO said that to his agent they'd be laughed out the room and White would be headed straight to another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years/$80 million
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are going to up our cap anyways bc we have turned into the Minnesota Timberwolves. White has no leverage so we should low ball him, counter and get him at a reasonable price

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are going to up our cap anyways bc we have turned into the Minnesota Timberwolves. White has no leverage so we should low ball him, counter and get him at a reasonable price
    but still, minny have some high value young stars on a fair longterm contract (dlo and towns), rookie with potential (culver) and a high pick in this yr draft. Spurs have... well...* travolta lookin around the room meme*
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-07-2020 at 06:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emmanuel David Ginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but still, minny have some high value young stars on a fair longterm contract (dlo and towns), rookie with potential (culver) and a high pick in this yr draft. Spurs have... well...* travolta lookin around the room meme*
    We have culture and Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white's 3 point stroke has looked a lot better and quicker... its clear he's still improving his game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will probably only get 1 new contract in his physical prime. He has to make his money now being an older player for a rookie contract. I'd think he'd be less willing to take a smaller salary. DJ is younger and was coming off an injury, White is older and healthy. I'd expect his agent to push for more. Whether he gets it is another thing. He deserves it though.
    This is what I am thinking too. His agent should look for more than Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murrays contract tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will get 20 plus whether it’s from the spurs or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude went from not being able to shoot to being a 3 point threat. Add that to his elite defense, play making, manu esque bbiq...he should get like 4/100

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that much because of Corona the Cap is not going up the NBA is bleeding money right now. But I do agree I think him and Keldon are our building blocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great topic. Important topic. Spurs better not screw this up. The man is better than many of these hyped up star players. He's the real deal. Very much like KL when he started on the up and up. White should definitely become an all-star.... if fans ever go back to appreciating real impact over the superficial.

White is a cornerstone for the future. There's a lot of ty players making >20M. Having said all that.. if we can get him on the cheap i say go for it. On the cheap... 13 per year. Hey he's a freaking 29 pick! Systemic profiling right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they paid murray on potential and now are going to have to pay up to keep white in town

Thread Information