Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs young core is overrated... we have some niece pieces, some hustle guys, some likeable players. But no one in the universe of a Morant, Luka, or Zion.
    As long as Pop is still around, I don't expect us to be drafting high enough to get that kind of talent. Until he's gone, expect to be picking somewhere between 11-20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got the Big Five locked up multiple seasons:
    White - 4 more years
    Murray - 3 more yrs
    Vassell - 3 more yrs
    Samanic, Johnson 2 more yrs

That's your starting backcourt, small forward, and with luck power forward.

I suppose you could get away resigning DeRozan for 3 years and then pay up when the rookie contracts are up for extension.
    Let’s not forget we have Poeltl locked up for two more years which should hopefully be his prime.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't change the fact that our "touted" youth movement/core is overrated. Did the Spurs overachieve with their hand? Yes.
    Fans overrate their young players all the time you silly goose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't change the fact that our "touted" youth movement/core is overrated. Did the Spurs overachieve with their hand? Yes.
    Well depends what you think the Spurs fanbase think they will be? No one considers them to be nearly as good as Morant, Luka or Zion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ people wanting Brandon Clarke over this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defensive positioning is ty, he needs to work on that. It's all learning where to be on defense and footwork. That should be easy for him to pick up and comes with experience. If he can defend and knock down open shot he's ready to contribute. The kid got potential
    By now most of y'all should know to never doubt a Balkan player. They are different type of athletes and have a huge sports culture. He will develop into a good player, I don't have any doubts. He's just too young at the moment

Also for everybody being surprised how he bulked up so fast. He bulked up before the draft, after the draft and after that as well. Luka got to work ASAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also for everybody being surprised how he bulked up so fast. He bulked up before the draft, after the draft and after that as well. Luka got to work ASAP
    I don’t think Luka should bulk up anymore, and potentially slow down his lateral quickness. Luka can cover 1-5

But seriously, the way Spurs switches on everyone last night and not miss a beat was great. Much like the Knicks who are 2nd best defensive team. The Knicks had 6’5 and taller lineup last night and everyone mobile. Coach T finally has that team going in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Luka should bulk up anymore, and potentially slow down his lateral quickness. Luka can cover 1-5

But seriously, the way Spurs switches on everyone last night and not miss a beat was great. Much like the Knicks who are 2nd best defensive team. The Knicks had 6’5 and taller lineup last night and everyone mobile. Coach T finally has that team going in the right direction.
    I agree, I‘m just saying he started bulking up even before the draft and basically did that for almost 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he keeps this up i will gladly sign this and eat
    my crow.
    Last edited by KingKev; 03-03-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs young core is overrated... we have some niece pieces, some hustle guys, some likeable players. But no one in the universe of a Morant, Luka, or Zion.
    All teams we have a better record than tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagining this defensive lineup:

DJ
    White
    Vassell
    Luka
    Yak

Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Pop is still around, I don't expect us to be drafting high enough to get that kind of talent. Until he's gone, expect to be picking somewhere between 11-20.
    Zion and Morant ain't . You will all look foolish for being infatuated with top 10 picks that you can't see what's right in front of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion and Morant ain't . You will all look foolish for being infatuated with top 10 picks that you can't see what's right in front of you.
    Morant is the goods, but Zion is both overrated, and a major health risk at his current weight. Some guys need to bulk up when they get to the league. He needs to bulk down, like 20-30 lbs, or he won’t last past his second contract. I’d call him fat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morant is the goods, but Zion is both overrated, and a major health risk at his current weight. Some guys need to bulk up when they get to the league. He needs to bulk down, like 20-30 lbs, or he won’t last past his second contract. I’d call him fat.
    Luckily, New Orleans is known for its lean, healthy cuisine. Yeah, he looked off when we played them. Ja looks spectacular when he plays us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily, New Orleans is known for its lean, healthy cuisine. Yeah, he looked off when we played them. Ja looks spectacular when he plays us.
    No doubt Ja looks good but it reminds me of a certain time when there were tons of PGs who came and went and a certain point guard drafted in 2001 as the 28th overall pick established himself as a winning point guard above the rest. Bring up Timmy D if you will but no one can argue the fact that in a re-draft, Tony Parker would be selected top 10. So to me, these fools obsessed with top 10 picks are blind and will never recognize when there's a new TP or Manu in town who is leading the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baron Davis
    Gilbert Arenas
    Derrick Rose
    Steve Francis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Mike Bibby
    Stephon Marbury
    Deron Williams
    Gary Payton

Were all "Ja Morants" at one point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. He shouldn't get much more bulk than aging willl naturally give him. Not sure he can cover a quick 1, but a slow 2, and a 3-4, and a non hulking 5. Embid or Kat would probably just back him down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baron Davis
    Gilbert Arenas
    Derrick Rose
    Steve Francis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Mike Bibby
    Stephon Marbury
    Deron Williams
    Gary Payton

But there are at least 3 HOF players in that list. Spurs greats are underrated I think is your point, which I agree with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baron Davis
    Gilbert Arenas
    Derrick Rose
    Steve Francis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Mike Bibby
    Stephon Marbury
    Deron Williams
    Gary Payton

That’s a pretty darn good list homie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But there are at least 3 HOF players in that list. Spurs greats are underrated I think is your point, which I agree with.
    How many les between them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, my point is you don't need to wait for a top 10 pick to have a franchise player like some are begging for.

Also if we look at NBA history, it's typically two-way bigs who lead their teams deep into the playoffs. Luka now looks like he's projecting into that. I don't ever see Zion as being some shut down big, he'll never be mobile enough laterally and he can't grow inches in height to be an interior presence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a pretty darn good list homie.
    No doubt a good list of players, but again, history shows us you can attain a point guard outside of the top 10 who can become a franchise/ HOF caliber player and will become a key cog in winning les.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, my point is you don't need to wait for a top 10 pick to have a franchise player like some are begging for.

Also if we look at NBA history, it's typically two-way bigs who lead their teams deep into the playoffs. Luka now looks like he's projecting into that. I don't ever see Zion as being some shut down big, he'll never be mobile enough laterally and he can't grow inches in height to be an interior presence.
    When I look at Luka I see a guy who could flame out but who also has the tools to be 'special'... if his mind can stay locked in through the rough patches all young guys go through he could come out the other side as the best of this group...his talent is undeniable...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I look at Luka I see a guy who could flame out but who also has the tools to be 'special'... if his mind can stay locked in through the rough patches all young guys go through he could come out the other side as the best of this group...his talent is undeniable...
    No doubt Luka can still bust or turn out to be an average player. It's going to be a fun ride to see what he will become. Of course, there are more doubters right now than believers. The odds are greater that he doesn't become an all-star just because few do. That's why it's not bold for anyone to predict the scenario where he becomes a bust... It's ridiculous for anyone to gloat about that. I want to say to those people, "good job, genius. Here's a cookie.".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt Luka can still bust or turn out to be an average player. It's going to be a fun ride to see what he will become. Of course, there are more doubters right now than believers. The odds are greater that he doesn't become an all-star just because few do. That's why it's not bold for anyone to predict the scenario where he becomes a bust... It's ridiculous for anyone to gloat about that. I want to say to those people, "good job, genius. Here's a cookie.".
    You can put me in the believer category....In the same way I believe Robert Woodard is a high level role player with the proper organization I believe Luka has the potential to be an All-Star caliber player for the Spurs.

Thread Information