Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Funny that most of them averaged more shot attempts in the regular season and more points. Yet, Luka took what, 8 more shots a game in the playoffs? Luka Dunpasstheball ain’t a winning strategy
    werent you the one arguing that harden > lebron

regardless id say a worse strategy than taking a lot of shots, is giving a top 3 player a garbage team and expecting him to win a championship with it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice attempt at a troll job, but ultimately a failure, like most of your posts in general
    Aww, the butthurt is strong with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is certainly better than Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know... that Trae Young kid shows no fear.
    still salty about being wrong about that

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Aww, the butthurt is strong with you.
    the lack of self-awareness from bitter spurfan here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now do Harden’s playoff numbers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi literally tore up that punk ass white boy & sent him packing 6 weeks ago

Giannis

...and Servant literally changed conferences after Kiwi shutdown the Oracle.
    If we are counting people's "feeling great" moments only, Greg Oden needs to be considered.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    still salty about being wrong about that
    Help me out. How was I wrong about it?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Now do Harden’s playoff numbers
    Why would I defend him now?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Luka is certainly better than Durant.
    Lol no

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    werent you the one arguing that harden > lebron

regardless id say a worse strategy than taking a lot of shots, is giving a top 3 player a garbage team and expecting him to win a championship with it
    So Luka makes no one better. I see. Need to get out the first round at least

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    So Luka makes no one better. I see. Need to get out the first round at least
    then by that logic, if mike truly was the goat, he should have been beating boston, milwaukee and detroit his first 7 years. but he didnt make anyone better. i see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Help me out. How was I wrong about it?
    Pretending in the age of Ben Simmons that being fearless is not important for an NBA player. Giannis was about the same free throw % as that coward before this playoffs and he never stopped calling for the ball and attacking. Same thing with players like Trae Young. His fearlessness is one of his biggest strengths. Curry having the courage to take his logo shots was a big factor in his changing the game too.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Pretending in the age of Ben Simmons that being fearless is not important for an NBA player. Giannis was about the same free throw % as that coward before this playoffs and he never stopped calling for the ball and attacking. Same thing with players like Trae Young. His fearlessness is one of his biggest strengths. Curry having the courage to take his logo shots was a big factor in his changing the game too.
    The Ben Simmons example which you used before is stupid. He’s scared to shoot free throws because he sucks at shooting. If he were a good shooter, he wouldn’t be scared to shoot free throws. If he was a 90% free throw shooter, think he’d be scared to shoot? Get ing better and you won’t be scared. Freak showed fear in the first couple rounds of the playoffs. He started making more free throws and guess what, he wasn’t so scared. Making free throws makes a difference.

You can call Kobe a lot of things, inefficient chucker, rapist, dead, but from the moment he was in the league, even from the Utah airballs, he showed no fear. Did that mean he was better than Shaq, who like Ben Simmons, didn’t want no part of clutch free throw shooting? You ready to admit Kobe was the one who carried the Lakers to that three peat because of “no fear.”

No fear is a stupid measure of greatness. Just like I said the first time it was brought up, if no fear was a marker for greatness, Antoine Walker would be a ing top ten player ever. Michael Jordan admitted he was “scared” of Hakeem. Google it. Guess Jordan is out of the GOAT conversation.

ing no fear. What an absolutely ing moronic argument.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it would have been fun seeing Kawhi being defended by real defenders, like Luka was.
    You mean to tell me Puka is no where in Kawhi’s league when it comes to defense? I rest my case.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol thinking kawhi is in lukas league in any other basketball skill other than defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ben Simmons example which you used before is stupid. He’s scared to shoot free throws because he sucks at shooting. If he were a good shooter, he wouldn’t be scared to shoot free throws. If he was a 90% free throw shooter, think he’d be scared to shoot? Get ing better and you won’t be scared. Freak showed fear in the first couple rounds of the playoffs. He started making more free throws and guess what, he wasn’t so scared. Making free throws makes a difference.

You can call Kobe a lot of things, inefficient chucker, rapist, dead, but from the moment he was in the league, even from the Utah airballs, he showed no fear. Did that mean he was better than Shaq, who like Ben Simmons, didn’t want no part of clutch free throw shooting? You ready to admit Kobe was the one who carried the Lakers to that three peat because of “no fear.”

No fear is a stupid measure of greatness. Just like I said the first time it was brought up, if no fear was a marker for greatness, Antoine Walker would be a ing top ten player ever. Michael Jordan admitted he was “scared” of Hakeem. Google it. Guess Jordan is out of the GOAT conversation.

ing no fear. What an absolutely ing moronic argument.
    Sublime statement - as those that say "no fear" are not implying shooting blindly like A. Walker - it simply means not afraid to step up and showing up in playoffs - Manu had it, Kobe had it, Jordan had it, Trae Young early in career and Luka do seem to be showing the trait as well. They put up historic performances early in careers. (Right now Luka is 16 and 0 in international ball with friggin Slovenia.) Does not mean they will not fail on occassion but don't bet against them long term.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Sublime statement - as those that say "no fear" are not implying shooting blindly like A. Walker - it simply means not afraid to step up and showing up in playoffs - Manu had it, Kobe had it, Jordan had it, Trae Young early in career and Luka do seem to be showing the trait as well. They put up historic performances early in careers. (Right now Luka is 16 and 0 in international ball with friggin Slovenia.) Does not mean they will not fail on occassion but don't bet against them long term.
    then saying that such a player has "no fear" is incorrect, because they then do have a fear of repeatedly taking and missing stupid shots they shouldnt be taking.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well, why did you initially praise Trae Young for having no fear (oh btw in comparison with and distinction from Luka Doncic) in the first place, months ago?

Was it because Trae had no fear as a skinny 6’1 guard to battle and bang for rebounds in the paint with the bigs? Was it because he fearlessly decided to take the defensive responsibility to lock down Giannis? Was it because he wasn’t scared to hold a pick against a big like Bobby Portis and get steamrolled?

No. Because he didn’t do those things. You praised Trae Young for “shooting blindly” and chucking 30 foot, 40 foot, halfcourt shots and making them. Chucking shots does not even show no fear imo. Chucking shots and making them shows great skill. Not no fear. Yet that’s what you were impressed by and why you made a reference to “no fear.” And that’s why I brought up guys like Fatoine Walker and JR Smith. Plenty of guys chuck. Making those shots doesn’t mean you have no fear. Means you shot it good, for that game, for that moment.

Most great players aren’t scared to take the shot, aren’t scared of the moment. And doing things that you’re good at isn’t scary. Why would it be? Why would a great shooter be scared to shoot? Shooters shoot. Why would a good post player be scared to post? Watching Shaq in his prime backing down a guy, pivoting, clearing his defender with his 350 pounds, two hand dunking, did you say, “wow, Shaq showed no fear on that play?”

Why exactly did Trae Young show “no fear” to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, why did you initially praise Trae Young for having no fear (oh btw in comparison with and distinction from Luka Doncic) in the first place, months ago?

Was it because Trae had no fear as a skinny 6’1 guard to battle and bang for rebounds in the paint with the bigs? Was it because he fearlessly decided to take the defensive responsibility to lock down Giannis? Was it because he wasn’t scared to hold a pick against a big like Bobby Portis and get steamrolled?

No. Because he didn’t do those things. You praised Trae Young for “shooting blindly” and chucking 30 foot, 40 foot, halfcourt shots and making them. Chucking shots does not even show no fear imo. Chucking shots and making them shows great skill. Not no fear. Yet that’s what you were impressed by and why you made a reference to “no fear.” And that’s why I brought up guys like Fatoine Walker and JR Smith. Plenty of guys chuck. Making those shots doesn’t mean you have no fear. Means you shot it good, for that game, for that moment.

Most great players aren’t scared to take the shot, aren’t scared of the moment. And doing things that you’re good at isn’t scary. Why would it be? Why would a great shooter be scared to shoot? Shooters shoot. Why would a good post player be scared to post? Watching Shaq in his prime backing down a guy, pivoting, clearing his defender with his 350 pounds, two hand dunking, did you say, “wow, Shaq showed no fear on that play?”

Why exactly did Trae Young show “no fear” to you?

Simply put he plays with no apparent fear of consequences sorry you are so blinded you cannot see the obvious. Kid is fabulous and led a team to ECF with little or no help.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Luka is my dude ...got those that argue there is no comparison to Bird how about taking a underdog team (Slovenia/Indiana State) to a championship game with a squad that couldn't do on big stage without him?
    Its not just a feel but also impact ...wgaf if they both are white and if games are not identical ...Luka has some similar traits. HE may be the baddest white boy since Bird ...and he just might be better when its all said and done.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 08-03-2021 at 02:27 PM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Simply put he plays with no apparent fear of consequences sorry you are so blinded you cannot see the obvious. Kid is fabulous and led a team to ECF with little or no help.
    Trae is a good player. You elevate him prematurely because he makes a bunch of 35+ foot three pointers and bows at MSG. Plus you give him more credit than he deserves.

In the Knicks series, he shot under 42% from the field, under 30% from three in the Atlanta wins. In the series clinching game, he went 10-for-28 for 36 points while Capela, Collins, Hunter went 17-for-27 for 42 points. Kobesque if you will.

In the Philly series, in the Atlanta wins, he shot under 33% from the field, including 5-for- ing-23 in the series clincher and again under 30% from three. Seems like in the games the Hawks actually won, he was simply a ing chucker. Fortunately for him and the Hawks, Kevin Heurter and Danilo Gallinari saved his ass in the series decider.

Yeah... little to no help. You were too busy with his balls in your mouth to realize what an efficient chucker he was being most of the post season because his team kept advancing. He was no better than Kobe or Iverson on their bad days. Guys you’d for sure ridicule for their inefficient chucking had it been them. For some reason, you love to love the hairy soap head rat face.

Thread Information