Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Those poor bas s are better off where they are than to come and get their careers ruined with Pop Post-Duncan/Kawhi
    suicide truth bomb right here

The slurpers claiming 4-seed and 50+ wins before the season will be the the same ones after the season claiming no coach could have gotten this team to the playoffs...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. and our medical staff.
    They already had Gasol doing basketball activities until a second opinion found he had a nerve issue on his foot

Imagine Fultz here... poor guy might end it all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re stuck with this for a year or two..tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is peter even around anymore?is his wife and co. capable of helping this team make roster decisions
    I wasn't talking about roster changes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At what point do the Holts realize changes need to be made?
    Great question

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is peter even around anymore?is his wife and co. capable of helping this team make roster decisions
    He's not around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking about roster changes.

Yeah I think R.C needs to a water to wine miracle to save his job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not RC. Pop is his boss. RC is not the guy ultimately responsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crater Face's job isn't in danger. The Trump hating liberal media will make sure of it. Det system baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean you read this and it makes you wonder why this roster was built this way when he ing knows

"Now you look at a stat sheet after a game and the first thing you look at is the threes. If you made threes and the other team didn't, you win. You don't even look at the rebounds or the turnovers or how much transition D was involved. You don't even care. That's how much an impact the three-point shot has and it's evidenced by how everybody plays." Gregg Popovich

"The inside game is kaputski," Popovich explained without helping with the spelling.

"You've got to have downhill players, you've got to have people that can penetrate and kick, you've got to have people who can switch, you've got to have big guys who can play little guys," he said.

"These days there's such an emphasis on the three because it's proven to be analytically correct," Popovich Monday offered with what appeared to be a sneer. "Now you look at a stat sheet after a game and the first thing you look at is the threes. If you made threes and the other team didn't, you win. You don't even look at the rebounds or the turnovers or how much transition D was involved. You don't even care. That's how much an impact the three-point shot has and it's evidenced by how everybody plays."

"I hate it, but I always have," Popovich said even as he's adjusted over the years. "I've hated the three for 20 years. That's why I make a joke all the time (and say) if we're going to make it a different game, let's have a four-point play. Because if everybody likes the three, they'll really like the four. People will jump out of their seats if you have a five-point play. It will be great. There's no basketball anymore, there's no beauty in it. It's pretty boring. But it is what it is and you need to work with it."

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they actually want to contend like they stated when they brought in DeRozan then they need to make changes to this current roster.
    PATFO is what needs to be changed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure there are teams who could use a Mills, White, or Gasol.

mills is a "team leader". gasol has a broken foot. white is a 3rd string PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they will wait to see how the team looks with Loonie and Pau back into the rotation. In the meantime they will key the chips land where they fall when it comes to the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll open a 2nd Whataburger on the AT&T Center to calm down the fans, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Manu's ready to take RC's job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coasting

non - issue.

Relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Manu's ready to take RC's job?
    Manu wants no part of this mess, he would've stuck around otherwise, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At what point do the Holts realize changes need to be made?
    Like a Las Vegas or San Diego scenery change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they will wait to see how the team looks with Loonie and Pau back into the rotation. In the meantime they will key the chips land where they fall when it comes to the draft.

Pau may be done and we know pop wont unleash lw4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of funny how the Spurs and Heat are in such a similar place with their old legends at the top burning their respective franchises down before they retire

5 rings with no superteam Jay.From.NbTx's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s sad that at this point I’m hoping for losses every game so it lights a fire under the FO’s asses to do something.
    Obviously something needs to be done. We need more talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coasting

non - issue.

Relax.

You chose a good name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean you read this and it makes you wonder why this roster was built this way when he ing knows

"Now you look at a stat sheet after a game and the first thing you look at is the threes. If you made threes and the other team didn't, you win. You don't even look at the rebounds or the turnovers or how much transition D was involved. You don't even care. That's how much an impact the three-point shot has and it's evidenced by how everybody plays." Gregg Popovich

"The inside game is kaputski," Popovich explained without helping with the spelling.

"You've got to have downhill players, you've got to have people that can penetrate and kick, you've got to have people who can switch, you've got to have big guys who can play little guys," he said.

"These days there's such an emphasis on the three because it's proven to be analytically correct," Popovich Monday offered with what appeared to be a sneer. "Now you look at a stat sheet after a game and the first thing you look at is the threes. If you made threes and the other team didn't, you win. You don't even look at the rebounds or the turnovers or how much transition D was involved. You don't even care. That's how much an impact the three-point shot has and it's evidenced by how everybody plays."

"I hate it, but I always have," Popovich said even as he's adjusted over the years. "I've hated the three for 20 years. That's why I make a joke all the time (and say) if we're going to make it a different game, let's have a four-point play. Because if everybody likes the three, they'll really like the four. People will jump out of their seats if you have a five-point play. It will be great. There's no basketball anymore, there's no beauty in it. It's pretty boring. But it is what it is and you need to work with it."

I sort of agree with Pop on how the three point shot has ruined the game, but I also think he overstates it here for dramatic effect. Milwaukee has figured out a way to play to Giannis's strength (attacking the basket) and still shoot threes. Golden State relies on Draymond Green to do all the things other than shooting threes. Toronto has Siakam and Ibaka in the starting line up, neither good three point shooters. I think what the rest of the NBA has caught up on is that the three point shot isn't a novelty-- it's a shot that makes objective sense when it comes to scoring. Larry Bird was considered the best three point shooter of his day, but never averaged more than 3.3 attempts per game. In today's NBA, Bird's coach would would chastise him for not shooting more threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can we make changes? We can’t make trades because no one wants anyone on this team lol

Thread Information