Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they trade Murray Poeltl can’t be far behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp DO NOT RESPOND if the rumors of SA trading Dejounte have real truth to them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp DO NOT RESPOND if the rumors of SA trading Dejounte have real truth to them
    Unless its for a Jrue like return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyes Emoji!!!!!

So it begins.

The rumors with Dejounte have started. It will take a while to hit on the right trade, and the Spurs have leverage at this point. Just like many players of his caliber around the league tend to be in rumors for a while until something significant materializes. DJ has given direct signs that he's growing frustrated with the losing.

All I hope is that the Spurs don't wait until the last possible moment for a trade and he's really disgruntled to move on something. At that point, and once his FA approaches, they have less options.

I doubt they act on this though. If they make a move on a Collins deal it would be for him to play with Dejounte and not to give him away.
    If DJ is expressing that frustration, then maybe the PATFO is catering to his request.

Personally I think DJ has reached his ceiling. He is a borderline All-Star. I don’t see him attacking the rim and getting to the FT in a consistent basis. He avoids contacts and settles on elbow shots. I would try to cash on him while his stock is high, having almost averaged triple-double last year, lead the league in steals. I like his fight. But he talks too much. And suspect to be padding stats, just imo. He tends to gamble on steals, and sometimes he gets burn with his guy blowing him by.

Getting Collins, and trading picks to get to Ivey would be great pairing. Or I could settle for Davis and Collins. I seriously think Davis has a higher upsides than DJ, and a better leader, again just imo.

If there’s smoke, there’s fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte to Atlanta confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wondering if this is coming from a satirical or butt-hurt place?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering if this is coming from a satirical or butt-hurt place?
    It’s coming from 2013 lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Wright is taking no prisoners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed that crucial clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy

Dammit, got me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Got duped. Damn you, BatManu20

But while we're at it, but, ok you son of a , I'm in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DJ is expressing that frustration, then maybe the PATFO is catering to his request.

Personally I think DJ has reached his ceiling. He is a borderline All-Star. I don’t see him attacking the rim and getting to the FT in a consistent basis. He avoids contacts and settles on elbow shots. I would try to cash on him while his stock is high, having almost averaged triple-double last year, lead the league in steals. I like his fight. But he talks too much. And suspect to be padding stats, just imo. He tends to gamble on steals, and sometimes he gets burn with his guy blowing him by.

Getting Collins, and trading picks to get to Ivey would be great pairing. Or I could settle for Davis and Collins. I seriously think Davis has a higher upsides than DJ, and a better leader, again just imo.

If there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Cant argue with this. I think this is the reality after that game with New Orleans ended. Granted he was injured, but i think if Murray comes out, has a good game, spurs win that and move on, the at ude in the front office is different. I think that game changed RC and BW’s views on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trying to fleece atl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trolling sob lol

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading DeJounte now is trading him at his all time peak value, and most likely the highest trade value he will ever have tbh. 2 years left on a great team friendly contract, just came off an all-star season.

Nailing this move could set the Spurs up well.

I wonder if the Spurs can keep their 9th pick and get the Kings 4th.

Atlanta: DeJounte, Harrison Barnes
    Sacramento: Collins, Okongwu, pick 16 (Atl), pick 25 (SA), future 1sts (Atl)
    Spurs: Pick 4, Len (filler)

Works on the trade machine. Spurs could throw in pick 20 instead of 25 to the Kings to sweeten the deal. Or the Hawks could add a young player to the Kings like Huerter. Although not sure how that works given the extension he just signed.

Spurs get pick 4 and keep pick 9. So essentially give up DeJounte and 25 for pick 4. Potential to take Ivey at 4 and Sochan or Eason at 9.

Atlanta gets the best player in DeJounte.

Kings get Collins, Okongwu, multiple 1sts.

Huerter is kind of expendable for the Hawks if they are getting Barnes and Murray. With Barnes and Hunter at the 3-4 spots and Trae, Murray and Bogdanovic in the backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is not going anywhere.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could also use pick 4 above to move up to 1-3 by adding other assets (draft capital) and get one of the three big men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something that bothers me about Dieng:

I have a theory.

Domestic French players who leave for another country's pro league (not talking NBA) before their draft have been sniffed out as lesser prospects by their local scene.

Before Dieng and Besson, the 2 players that come to mind are Luwawu-Cabarot and Killian Hayes.

With each guy, when I saw that they were in some other leagues and not France, it caught my attention in a bad way. There's plenty of good ball in France, and all the best domestic French were playing in France until draft age. It would be one thing if a French player is signed by a Spanish league team for big money, but we're talking about the Serbia/ABA, Germany and Australia. , now that I think of it, Joffrey played in Serbia before he was drafted.

The real French talent is kept in France until either the NBA or they've moved on to Spain like De Cool did. Parker, Diaw, Batum, Fournier, Gobert, and now Victor Wembanyama.

It these guys were stars in the making then local French orgs would have done what it took to keep them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something that bothers me about Dieng:

I have a theory.

Domestic French players who leave for another country's pro league (not talking NBA) before their draft have been sniffed out as lesser prospects by their local scene.

Before Dieng and Besson, the 2 players that come to mind are Luwawu-Cabarot and Killian Hayes.

With each guy, when I saw that they were in some other leagues and not France, it caught my attention in a bad way. There's plenty of good ball in France, and all the best domestic French were playing in France until draft age. It would be one thing if a French player is signed by a Spanish league team for big money, but we're talking about the Serbia/ABA, Germany and Australia. , now that I think of it, Joffrey played in Serbia before he was drafted.

The real French talent is kept in France until either the NBA or they've moved on to Spain like De Cool did. Parker, Diaw, Batum, Fournier, Gobert, and now Victor Wembanyama.

It these guys were stars in the making then local French orgs would have done what it took to keep them

Dieng had offers from France Pro A, one by the Paris basketball team ( according to the coach himself) but he choosed to go to Australia. It could be for money, it could be for showcasing himself.

But he had offers in France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng had offers from France Pro A, one by the Paris basketball team ( according to the coach himself) but he choosed to go to Australia. It could be for money, it could be for showcasing himself.

But he had offers in France.
    But were they big enough that he couldn't turn them down? He might have had offers, but maybe they didn't try too hard to keep him.

But, it's just a theory.

I mean the Next Stars program only pays like $70k usd if I remember right. I think it was only equivalent to the 50k when it started with the exchange rates then

Thread Information