Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I can't use the search function, I'm having to start a new thread.
    From what I can see, there's still not a single picture of Michael Lewis on CNN. I found Robert Crimo pretty quickly. As with any other mass shooter.
    All I want is someone to explain how that's possible. Or better yet, just give me a CNN link with a pic of Lewis. Thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a quick Google images search, plenty of newspapers ran the pic -- no media blackout.

Can't speak for CNN's editorial decisions, what's your theory on that?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your grievance here?

Getting your news from CNN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN has posted several photos of black shooters. Micah Johnson comes to mind off the top of my head. Have yall tried reaching out to CNN about them not posting Michael Louis' photo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looking for an explanation. The story was front page news but there's no photo of Lewis on CNN. Thread mentioned it and I thought he was full of . Just to check, I found pics of all multiple shooters going back a couple of years (except for Lewis). You don't think it's odd that there's not a single pic of Michael Lewis on CNN? I mean...that's pretty standard reporting. Here's the shooter, here's the pic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your grievance here?

Getting your news from CNN?
    I'd too if I had no other source of information, particularly for uber important details like mugshots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN has posted several photos of black shooters. Micah Johnson comes to mind off the top of my head. Have yall tried reaching out to CNN about them not posting Michael Louis' photo?
    Look...I will certainly acknowledge that most mass shooters are ed up white dudes. But as I said, why not put up a pic of Lewis. It was breaking news until it wasn't.
    Yeah...I did reach out to CNN but they traced my IP to my SpursTalk account and that was the end of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd too if I had no other source of information, particularly for uber important details like mugshots.
    I always considered you objective. Do you really not think it's weird that a breaking news story about a shooter never even shows the pic once they figure it out? I bet you can't find another example. If you're objective, you might take a look. If you're not, you'll say some like, "it's not my job". But I did go back and look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean..I just found a pic of Kate Hudson's brother because he ed about her pic on Instagram.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep, CNN was not going to post that picturePERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think a white shooter would have been treated much differently given the cir stances of the shooting. The motive of the shooter was known pretty quickly, it was not terribly sensational and not covered like yesterday's shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think a white shooter would have been treated much differently given the cir stances of the shooting. The motive of the shooter was known pretty quickly, it was not terribly sensational and not covered like yesterday's shooting.
    When it happened, it was on the front page of all the big outlets. Even if it's not as eventually sensational, it always has a closing story with a pic of the shooter. I know this because I went back and checked. I agree that yesterday's was way worse because it's hard to imagine the shooter having a realistic blame to put on the victims. Whereas to some degree (very minute), we can sympathize with Lewis for getting ed up by the doctors. I get all of that. I feel like I'm pretty damn objective these days. But it's hard to explain why there's not a single pic of Lewis on CNN after they had it as "Breaking news, active shooter".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always considered you objective. Do you really not think it's weird that a breaking news story about a shooter never even shows the pic once they figure it out? I bet you can't find another example. If you're objective, you might take a look. If you're not, you'll say some like, "it's not my job". But I did go back and look.
    What does a mugshot add to the story? Not sure the editorial omission of information that is already publicly available makes much of a difference. If you think otherwise I'm all ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does a mugshot add to the story? Not sure the editorial omission of information that is already publicly available makes much of a difference. If you think otherwise I'm all ears.
    It doesn't add anything imo. But it's always included. Or at least some pic of the perp. It's part of the story. Shooter identified, here's a pic. And we're talking about CNN who put it as their main headline when it was happening. One of the biggest news providers in the world. Again, they feel the need to post a pic of Kate Hudson's brother but can't bother to post a pic of a dude that bought an AR-15 the same day as when went to shoot three people?

Seriously, you don't think it's odd at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. What's your theory of why they might not put the shooter picture up?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It doesn't add anything imo. But it's always included. Or at least some pic of the perp. It's part of the story. Shooter identified, here's a pic. And we're talking about CNN who put it as their main headline when it was happening. One of the biggest news providers in the world. Again, they feel the need to post a pic of Kate Hudson's brother but can't bother to post a pic of a dude that bought an AR-15 the same day as when went to shoot three people?

I think you should drop it. This goes much deeper than you can imagine. You don’t need that kind of heat that comes with that knowledge.

Soros

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it happened, it was on the front page of all the big outlets. Even if it's not as eventually sensational, it always has a closing story with a pic of the shooter. I know this because I went back and checked. I agree that yesterday's was way worse because it's hard to imagine the shooter having a realistic blame to put on the victims. Whereas to some degree (very minute), we can sympathize with Lewis for getting ed up by the doctors. I get all of that. I feel like I'm pretty damn objective these days. But it's hard to explain why there's not a single pic of Lewis on CNN after they had it as "Breaking news, active shooter".
    They're mainly a TV station. That's where the breaking news is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. What's your theory of why they might not put the shooter picture up?
    You know my theory even though I hate to get there. Why would they not post a pic of a mass shooter? When it was the top headline of the day? I've already done the work to even ask the question.
    Honestly, I'd be thrilled if either 1) someone found a pic of Lewis on CNN or 2) found a story on CNN with a mass shooter that didn't have a pic of the shooter. More so if the shooter used an AR-15. I will be happy to apologize and say,
    "my bad". Can anyone possibly say it was an oversight by CNN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're mainly a TV station. That's where the breaking news is.
    My bad. I was talking about their website. I sure don't have access to CNN TV while I'm, "working".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad. I was talking about their website. I sure don't have access to CNN TV while I'm, "working".
    Exactly. They don't archive all their coverage so who knows when/if they showed the guy's face?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not really. what's strange about it?

if, for example, it were motivated by wanting to deny the perp fame and notoriety it would be seamlessly reasonable. not saying that's the case here, just saying there might be reasons other than anti-white bias, which you've been tiptoeing around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Framing can be inflammatory, but I still don't think the pictures add very much to the fact pattern. What's getting massaged is the biased reader -- ooga booga sells and the exonerative mood is reserved for crimes committed by law enforcement officers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really. what's strange about it?

if, for example, it were motivated by wanting to deny the perp fame and notoriety it would be seamlessly reasonable. not saying that's the case here, just saying there might be reasons other than anti-white bias, which you've been tiptoeing around.
    I'm just posing the question, "why". I don't know the answer to it being a good thing or bad to add some fame to the shooters. I honestly don't think that's what most of them are going for anyway. Again, how does one of the biggest providers of news in the world not provide a pic of a shooter that on the previous day was their number one story? Yeah...at this point, we all know what I think. And I hate to think it. All I'm asking is that we call a spade a spade regardless of which side of the aisle it lands on. And to keep beating a dead horse, find something that at least makes me say, "oh yeah...there's another example". We're taking about CNN for god's sake. So one day, it's "Breaking News, Active Shooter", and the next day, they name him without a pic? I'm sure you won't find another example. Especially when we're finally talking about gun violence and maybe people don't need AR-15s.

Thread Information