Page 743 of 745 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745 LastLast
Results 18,551 to 18,575 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between all of them and him is, they play hurt (injured is different), he won't play with a broken fingernail and not only that, but he makes decisions independent of his organizations, oftentimes not even keeping them in the loop so they can pretend to be instep to the media.

He's a disgrace in every sense and the free pass/ass kissing he's received (while the media pretends Irving, Harden, Simmons and Davis slaughtered 100 people) is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a league filled with them.
    He gets away with it because he's not on social media, and hardly ever talks. Those guys put themselves out there too much and say stupid things which gets them more criticism than him granted I think he deserves to get bashed on the same level as those guys.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    rip spurs. we had an amazing run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets away with it because he's not on social media, and hardly ever talks. Those guys put themselves out there too much and say stupid things which gets them more criticism than him granted I think he deserves to get bashed on the same level as those guys.
    and mostly because its San Antonio. Plus being mute does seem to play in his favor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We coulda had doncic ? I don’t remember that smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We coulda had doncic ? I don’t remember that smh
    one rumor was boston offered tatum early in the saga but spurs passed because they thought they could still work things out. Who knows what deals or scenarios could of actually played out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People always say that or "two-time Finals MVP" (without context), as if that excuses his behavior.

It's not even true. He's had stretches of that caliber play for sure, but so have about 10 other players since he rose to prominence. Longevity/consistency, doing it in less-than-ideal cir stances (health/quality of team wise) matters, which he's failed miserably at.

Loved seeing Scream A. and Jefferson call his punk ass out today.
    People keep saying Kawhi's washed, but again, when healthy, you look at his numbers his last three playoff runs and his numbers are better than 95% of the players in the playoffs. Sure, he's been injured, but like KingKev said, when he's healthy, he's still been pretty darn good/great. Better than nearly everyone else in the playoffs (I don't care about the regular season that much), so I can't put Lebron, AD, Kyrie, Durant ahead of him as they simply haven't played better than him these past few playoffs. His last playoff run he was playing better than Giannis IMO before he tore his ACL (Clippers may have beaten the Bucks in the finals had Kawhi not torn his ACL and if they did, that would have been 2 rings in 3 years. Freak injury that could have changed the perception of everything had it not happened. They could have even won it in 2020 if they didn't choke away the series to the Nuggets. It should have been Clippers Vs Lakers WCF, but that was a choke). Anyway, looking back at the 2021 playoffs, IMO he was completely dominating, playing one of his most efficient playoffs ever up to that point. So the last time we saw him, he was playing great up until a freak injury took him out.
    Last edited by Ice009; 10-05-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep saying Kawhi's washed, but again, when healthy, you look at his numbers his last three playoff runs and his numbers are better than 95% of the players in the playoffs. Sure, he's been injured, but like KingKev said, when he's healthy, he's still been pretty darn good/great. Better than nearly everyone else in the playoffs (I don't care about the regular season that much), so I can't put Lebron, AD, Kyrie, Durant ahead of him as they simply haven't played better than him these past few playoffs. His last playoff run he was playing better than Giannis IMO before he tore his ACL (Clippers may have beaten the Bucks in the finals had Kawhi not torn his ACL and if they did, that would have been 2 rings in 3 years. Freak injury that could have changed the perception of everything had it not happened. They could have even won it in 2020 if they didn't choke away the series to the Nuggets. It should have been Clippers Vs Lakers WCF, but that was a choke). Anyway, looking back at the 2021 playoffs, IMO he was completely dominating, playing one of his most efficient playoffs ever up to that point. So the last time we saw him, he was playing great up until a freak injury took him out.
    He was also playing really good against the Nuggets the year before. Until he got tired, cuz of no load management in playoffs, and started playing like straight dog in the 2nd halfs of games 6 & 7.

Dude need absolutely perfect cir stances in regular season and playoffs, otherwise his legs peace out.

Edit PS

He was also visibly hobbled in the Finals w/ the Raps. It was just lucky that Dubs were worse off with their health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and mostly because its San Antonio. Plus being mute does seem to play in his favor
    Dude,he hasn’t been a Spur in half a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also playing really good against the Nuggets the year before. Until he got tired, cuz of no load management in playoffs, and started playing like straight dog in the 2nd halfs of games 6 & 7.

Dude need absolutely perfect cir stances in regular season and playoffs, otherwise his legs peace out.

Edit PS

He was also visibly hobbled in the Finals w/ the Raps. It was just lucky that Dubs were worse off with their health.
    Dude,he hasn’t been a Spur in half a decade.
    Pretty much this. Obviously Kawhi was a great talent and helped us to a ring...but all of the Spurs concerns have come to fruition. Known diva with too much outside influence, forced a trade and leaked rumors, left a team who just helped him win a championship and rolled out the red carpet, still went to LA and colluded to bring in Paul George...and then there is his health.

Years later, he is still synonymous with load management, has broken down in the playoffs, missed a year with an ACL injury, and now has to prove he can come back healthy and 100% (doubtful).

And as mentioned, he doesn't "drag the Raptors to a ring" if that GSW is healthy...probably goes out in 5, tbh

Staying with the Spurs wasn't going to greatly alter this timeline. If he had stayed he was never gonna be our next Duncan, he would just be collecting checks while sitting on the bench. But more likely he just bolts to LA either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Motion to move this thread to NBA Forum.

Kwa is no longer a Spur.
    I second that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thirded, but the powers that be need traffic and discussions.

I remember when we had TheGreatYacht and dabom and when lefty, our Argentine brothers and calf-tats dominated the board and things were lively.

Now... we have something else and the board is nearly dead.

Probably for the better, but dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thirded, but the powers that be need traffic and discussions.

I remember when we had TheGreatYacht and dabom and when lefty, our Argentine brothers and calf-tats dominated the board and things were lively.

Now... we have something else and the board is nearly dead.

Probably for the better, but dead.
    This board needs a new Bonner to hate on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board needs a new Bonner to hate on.
    More than a Bonner.
    Like the biggest magnet of discussion was Manu and TP and how certain posters hated against either in their ways.

Sochan is a good candidate, should he underperform for a season, or two...
    But most likely not good enough with a tanking team.
    They all stink, in ways.

This site is going to be about 9-10 guys talking serious, a few other enjoying a message board for what it is and the argument that ensue.

Which will get boring very quickly.

There is not much to care about right now except for the future, which means present discussion is...
    Not much. Just pissing into the wind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Edit PS

Fair call on all that stuff. My main point is that until he comes back and his level of play drops even when load managing, can't say he's washed up yet as he was playing like the best player in the playoffs the last time we saw him (just cannot call someone washed up when they were at that level last time we saw them). The perception could be completely different had he have not torn his ACL and won the Championship in 2021. He could also fall off the cliff at any time, though, as like you said, it seems he needs perfect conditions with load management to succeed these days, but both the Clippers and Raptors knew that when they signed him, so they were willing to work with that for the potential return of a Championship. You're also right about the Nuggets series as I remember Kawhi being dead tired in the second half of those last two games, but also, he had to carry a huge load as his teammates weren't playing great in his first playoff run with the Clippers. PG didn't play anywhere near as well as he did the following season's playoffs.

If he does fall off a cliff, it still kind of pisses me off that the Spurs sent him to the Raptors and he got a ring out of it. Should have sent him elsewhere because if he didn't ring and breaks down completely, Spurs would have been proven right 100%. That ring with the Raptors gives him more leeway with casual fans and teams that could sign him if he wears out his welcome with the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this. Obviously Kawhi was a great talent and helped us to a ring...but all of the Spurs concerns have come to fruition. Known diva with too much outside influence, forced a trade and leaked rumors, left a team who just helped him win a championship and rolled out the red carpet, still went to LA and colluded to bring in Paul George...and then there is his health.

Years later, he is still synonymous with load management, has broken down in the playoffs, missed a year with an ACL injury, and now has to prove he can come back healthy and 100% (doubtful).

And as mentioned, he doesn't "drag the Raptors to a ring" if that GSW is healthy...probably goes out in 5, tbh

Staying with the Spurs wasn't going to greatly alter this timeline. If he had stayed he was never gonna be our next Duncan, he would just be collecting checks while sitting on the bench. But more likely he just bolts to LA either way.
    He's definitely a guy whose NBA journey benefited from some good fortune along the way. On the Spurs he was able to hone his game for several years playing alongside 3 hall-of-famers, and then got his first Finals MVP as essentially the team's 4th option (not taking anything away from his incredible play in that series of course). GSW would have crushed the Raps had they been remotely healthy, giving Kawhi Finals MVP #2. Those Finals MVPs cemented his legacy.

His injury prone nature is just going to get worse as he ages. The Clips have paid him a whole lot of money to sit on the sidelines. If he was here folks would be cursing him at every opportunity. Not sure SA has another le even if he'd stayed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he rings though...would have made him all his bull worth it for the Clippers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi on how different it is returning off a long layoff this season compared to his comeback with Toronto. He says his rehab process is “very different” this time than in San Antonio before Toronto trade because of “having the team behind my back… they want what’s best for me.”
    via Youngmisuk

Wasn't there something about the whole thing that made the Spurs not so innocent after all. timvp has enough time passed for the story to come out? who was the mystery man?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    still hung up on the autist. move on already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi on how different it is returning off a long layoff this season compared to his comeback with Toronto. He says his rehab process is “very different” this time than in San Antonio before Toronto trade because of “having the team behind my back… they want what’s best for me.”
    via Youngmisuk

Wasn't there something about the whole thing that made the Spurs not so innocent after all. timvp has enough time passed for the story to come out? who was the mystery man?
    The Mystery Man was the city of Los Angeles and his tio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO doesn’t make mistakes. Lock this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ka-Who?