Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not be surprised if there are a lot of games missed this season by various players. While it is not load management in the classic sense of giving a star/vet some rest, but just a way of keeping the development going for players who would not typically be getting game experience. The injury to Vassell has been vague, basically a sore knee. It sounds like the type of injury a player would play through normally. Or glute spasms for Primo?

Later in the season Sochan and other recent draftees should be hitting the rookie wall. Sitting a player for the mildest thing allows for real NBA game time for others on the roster to develop (or not) and hopefully minimizes the impact of the grind of the regular season. Since the goal to focus on improving and if oh, by the way, the team has a bad enough record to score a top three pick, that's gravy.

All I am saying is I am skeptical Vassell cannot play.
    Early season tank starting.

The Spurs have won too many games out of the gate. Spurs have their sights on the VW sweepstakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not be surprised if there are a lot of games missed this season by various players. While it is not load management in the classic sense of giving a star/vet some rest, but just a way of keeping the development going for players who would not typically be getting game experience. The injury to Vassell has been vague, basically a sore knee. It sounds like the type of injury a player would play through normally. Or glute spasms for Primo?

Later in the season Sochan and other recent draftees should be hitting the rookie wall. Sitting a player for the mildest thing allows for real NBA game time for others on the roster to develop (or not) and hopefully minimizes the impact of the grind of the regular season. Since the goal to focus on improving and if oh, by the way, the team has a bad enough record to score a top three pick, that's gravy.

All I am saying is I am skeptical Vassell cannot play.
    CIA Pop. He will also rest plenty of guys during back to backs later in the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Tom Orsborn

Vassell (sore left knee), Primo (sore left glute) are out vs. Chicago on Friday, according to injury report #Spurs submitted to league tonight.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more likely to be in and out of the lineup with inconsistency and shut down early down the stretch for the final push for VW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more likely to be in and out of the lineup with inconsistency and shut down early down the stretch for the final push for VW.

if only. Vw is definitely a pipe dream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fourteen percent bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, he's out again vs the Twolves tomorrow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just an injury, right? There's nothing else going on beyond that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm...

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to wonder now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he at the game last night? Kind of strange if he wasn't since it was a home game but that could mean nothing of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell ain't flashing his junk around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he at the game last night? Kind of strange if he wasn't since it was a home game but that could mean nothing of course.
    Yeah I saw him on the bench wearing a Spurs sweatsuit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I saw him on the bench wearing a Spurs sweatsuit.
    Man why y'all making up fantasies? He was there, he wore a grey Gunna sweater, jeans and jewelry @ Spurs sweat suit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is the team hasn't finished going through all the security footage in the city making sure he didn't pop out his willie, too. All the other players are completed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic case of Spurs youth being always underrated. Not only by casuals that never watch SA (which is understandable) but many of our own fans just opine about how SA youth has low ceilings and other teams have such great youth. It’s not a knock on others youth either; when you tank you get top 5 picks you get better chance at stars!

But theres a reason that everyone who thought the team would suck by losing DeRozan are “shocked” Murray turned into a low end all star. Then are “surprised” when Vassell and Keldon leap.

There’s a real mental block when it comes to many peoples ability to evaluate the upside of SA youth. The fact they keep winning way more than expected despite losing guys like DeRozan etc…should be your sign that maybe, just maybe, you are not that good at evaluation of the Spurs youth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fourteen percent bro
    I will take 14% over 0% any day of the week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact they keep winning way more than expected despite losing guys like DeRozan etc…should be your sign that maybe, just maybe, you are not that good at evaluation of the Spurs youth.
    Unpossible!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic case of Spurs youth being always underrated. Not only by casuals that never watch SA (which is understandable) but many of our own fans just opine about how SA youth has low ceilings and other teams have such great youth. It’s not a knock on others youth either; when you tank you get top 5 picks you get better chance at stars!

But theres a reason that everyone who thought the team would suck by losing DeRozan are “shocked” Murray turned into a low end all star. Then are “surprised” when Vassell and Keldon leap.

There’s a real mental block when it comes to many peoples ability to evaluate the upside of SA youth. The fact they keep winning way more than expected despite losing guys like DeRozan etc…should be your sign that maybe, just maybe, you are not that good at evaluation of the Spurs youth.
    **Vegas** had them with the lowest possible championship odds.

Speaking for myself, I fully expected us to suck and have one of the bottom 3 or 4 records but i always said I would reserve judgement on it until I got to see Sochan play with the team because if Pop played him as a starter he had a chance to help our defense by making DJ a 3. And Sochan has impressed beyond my hopes switching 1 to 5. And his transition offense is a game changer. We now have a very solid 2-5 as Vassell has rounded into a more consistent scorer as most of us ecpected. Our PG is lagging but not atrocious and the bench now that you have Richardson coming in from there rounds out to be a very nice club. That said, their cieling is still mediocre, and they'll still be middle of the road at best unless and until we get a top end talent in the draft.

Not sure to whom you were responding but who here was expecting us to suck because we lost Demar? We sucked since we got him minus the first year when LMA was an All-Star still. Also many were, and still are, expecting a trade of Poeltl and Richardsonat some point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, OK shut down SGA for the last 30 games for no reason and that is how they got the 2nd pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon may actually be more deserving of this award when it’s all said and done. His leap this year from starter to sure fire all-star is absolutely incredible. Granted, it’s early, but the guy was out there playing the Point for stretches tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is getting that trophy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will take 14% over 0% any day of the week
    Means you have to throw away an entire year of development and progress with the team you have. Then you've just ed up bad when you don't get the player.

Thread Information