Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Truth wasn't using blue font, but you can detect the sarcasm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that's too bad. I hope he gets back early enough for Summer League, which he really made a good push the last time. Luka needs to make that leap for next season to get Rudy's minutes. Spurs are not signing Rudy back, please.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay's excellent play? WTF.
    Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Obviously, the PF position is far from perfect, probably our weakest position, and Luka could have helped some if consistently given a real chance. Or fumbled, but at least we’d get a better sense of his status. So far, when given big minutes he’s done really well, though he sucks in scrub time for his occasional two-minute stretches.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like all these guys that Pop’s just sitting on are injury prone. Does anyone think this is conditioning related at all? I don’t know if that would be causation but it seems there’s a correlation between these players that don’t really get time and getting injured. Dejounte, Lonnie, White, now Luka. Could be a fluke, not trying to say one thing or another, just observing. Anybody else notice this? Genuine questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like all these guys that Pop’s just sitting on are injury prone. Does anyone think this is conditioning related at all? I don’t know if that would be causation but it seems there’s a correlation between these players that don’t really get time and getting injured. Dejounte, Lonnie, White, now Luka. Could be a fluke, not trying to say one thing or another, just observing. Anybody else notice this? Genuine questions.
    I don't know how you could do conditioning on your hand other than....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How stupid to say that a rookie to the league is supposed to "just get better" rotting on the bench, getting inconsistent playing time and role (often going multiple games without sniffing the court), being put in the doghouse at every first mistake, and when not, trotted out as a human victory cigar when the game's already decided. It's hilarious how the "Spurs way" of doing things has alienated fans into thinking it's the only, tried-and-true way to develop prospects in this league. Do y'all think the other 29 teams refuse to play their first round picks? Banish them for a full year to a different, lowly league, detached from the core team, to go on a Rocky-like train-and-play montage? no.... And yet they all manage to develop their prospects too.

I'm not saying the G-League approach isn't good or can't be beneficial under certain cir stances. The Spurs sure make good use of it. But it's ridiculous to think that a player can reach their full potential by always, almost exclusively, playing lower-level compe ion, not facing any "wall" in terms of challenges, and never getting real, meaningful playing time at the NBA level. Another year in the G-League is not the answer for Luka. Not every prospect is Tim Duncan or Manu, players need encouragement, active playing time, room to make mistakes and learn from them, and above all, the feeling that their coach trusts them to play. Otherwise, you get a Lonnie type, constantly watching over his back to not get pulled, desperate to make the "right play" and so focused on it, that he misses the play entirely.

We were having the same discussion regarding Lonnie last season... And as some posters have noted, it hasn't turned well at all for Lonnie. He's gotten better at a lot of facets of his game, but there's "hitches" that are still there, and maybe always will. He's a limited player, not by his body, but his mind... And Luka looks to be trending down that same path. It's utter bull to say that Luka "hasn't flashed anything" or didn't prove or whatever... It was clear by mid-season that he was a positive contributor when given the minutes and role; that game against the Knicks where he locked up Randle is irrefutable proof of his ability. Whatever happened afterwards is entirely on Pop's inability to coach up his young players and set aside his trusted vets to make room for them.

Sad to see Luka injured, he might've gotten some extra-garbage time minutes these last two games. But I've grown to know better than to expect these things from Pop, so it's a wash either way, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've enjoyed Luka dominating a full season of G league, but he played there a little over a week. I'm not sure why Pop references that as somehow being instrumental in development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've enjoyed Luka dominating a full season of G league, but he played there a little over a week. I'm not sure why Pop references that as somehow being instrumental in development.
    probably one of the only positives he could say regarding year 2 for Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that he got hurt right before he most likely would’ve gotten a decent amount of playing time in the last two games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie had injury issues in college. White has always been a China doll. Minus the acl Murray has been fine. Fat Harden swiping down hard and breaking Lukas hand has nothing to do with conditioning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fascination with Saminic is mind-boggling. I'm guessing people are caught up with his height and athleticism in terms of potential but he's been pretty awful or non-impactful against legit NBA compe ion. His lack of confidence, enthusiasm and compe iveness is glaring to me. He just goes through the motions, makes silly mistakes & routinely gets pushed around by smaller players. For every positive thing he does on the court, he commits at least 3 or 4 bad plays. Terrible defense, timidity..its not good. Let's hope its the lack of practice and not a sign that he's just made for Europe.

On a positive aside, he's at least getting vaccinated. Not sure if it was a first or second dose for him but he was at the old crossroads mall getting a shot. He took a photo with some fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie had injury issues in college. White has always been a China doll. Minus the acl Murray has been fine. Fat Harden swiping down hard and breaking Lukas hand has nothing to do with conditioning
    Agree completely. White is not durable & Lonnie is as mentally soft as he is fragile. White has tons of potential and has a great looking jump shot but his finishes at the rim (when not dunking) are atrocious. That's why I don't believe anyone on this roster is untradeable. If we can get legit contributors and it makes sense, the team should make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Luka won't be able to play in these last two games. Would have been great to see him perform well and play good defense like in the other games he played in earlier this year. Oh well, looking forward to seeing him play next year. A very promising player.

Thread Information