Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2871
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Johnson wasn't very strong and he did just fine in that era. Same could be said of Mark Price. And Curry is better than those guys.
    Did I say Curry wouldn't still be good? For 's sake. He'd still get points, but he'd get battered. KJ was much more athletic than Curry and Price did alright, All-Star level, but wasn't a god. Curry would get the knocked out of him and I don't see any reason he'd get free on picks the way he does now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a stupid response.
    How was it stupid? Go on? It’s the truth. It doesn’t matter what you think. You can’t place someone in a different era without saying that their mindset would be different because of the times they were born in. Because it that case their style of play would also be different. Curry wouldn’t even be a 3 point shooter anyways because they didn’t shoot them as much in earlier eras. Same for anyone else. You have to apply that. It’s logic. Cant compare. Or can your brain not comprehend that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was it stupid? Go on? It’s the truth. It doesn’t matter what you think. You can’t place someone in a different era without saying that their mindset would be different because of the times they were born in. Because it that case their style of play would also be different. Curry wouldn’t even be a 3 point shooter anyways because they didn’t shoot them as much in earlier eras. Same for anyone else. You have to apply that. It’s logic. Cant compare. Or can your brain not comprehend that?
    Curry would still be a 3 point shooter since his father was. Go watch old videos of Dell Curry. You will see his shot is identical to Steph Curry's shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, it would be, just not as effective (hand cheking). , he would not even be so efficient today if he did not play on an ultra stacked team, if he were playing in sacramento would be year after year in the lottery and would be seen in a completely different way by all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry would still be a 3 point shooter since his father was. Go watch old videos of Dell Curry. You will see his shot is identical to Steph Curry's shot.
    I meant to say “probably wouldn’t be”. You never know. He also wouldn’t have that father btw. And also I meant high volume because even his dad didn’t take a lot. Obviously. Damn.

Edit: His father didn’t take a ton* how about that? Haha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, it would be, just not as effective (hand cheking). , he would not even be so efficient today if he did not play on an ultra stacked team, if he were playing in sacramento would be year after year in the lottery and would be seen in a completely different way by all
    I meant he wouldn’t take as many 3 point shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to edit it but didn’t think I needed to..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why compare Curry to Price or KJ. it should be Abdul Rauf.
    Thompson should be comnpared to Reggie.
    Durant to Glen Rice.
    Green to Webber.
    Iggy to Grant Hill.

so it would be Abdul Rauf+Reggie+Rice+Webber+Grant Hill vs Harper+MJ+Pip+Rodman+Kukoc imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    speaking about the bulls leathal five analogue in todays nba it would be:
    Harper to any tall combo guard with defensive mindset, without a good 3 pointer and with no wish to have a lot of touches...Dejonte Murray?
    MJ...that's tough...let it be Lebron regardless his position
    Pippen...I would go with Kawhi of 2016 style not Paul George
    Rodman...it has to be Drummond not Davis
    Kukoc...I would go with Giannis to make things more interesting))))

so it's Murray+Lebron+Kawhi+Drummond+Giannis vs Curry+Thompson+Durant+Greeg+Iggy...easy win for Lebron team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant to say “probably wouldn’t be”. You never know. He also wouldn’t have that father btw. And also I meant high volume because even his dad didn’t take a lot. Obviously. Damn.

Edit: His father didn’t take a ton* how about that? Haha
    So now you are creating a hypothetical where he's born to a completely different family. You could then say if Dell was not Steph's father he's definitely not in the NBA. Dell had a huge impact on Steph becoming an NBA player. There is a story when Steph was a teenager during the summer time where Dell forced Steph to change the way Steph shot. I remember hearing Steph say that summer was a painful summer because Dell would force him to shoot a way that he was not comfortable shooting and it took him the whole entire summer to relearn how to shoot. Dell's reasoning for changing Steph's shot was that he felt Steph's shot would not be effective in college or at the pro level. On top of that Steph had confidence issues in hschool and going into college in which Dell was a huge factor in helping him overcome it.

His father was a great 3 point shooter regardless of him not being a high volume shooter from 3's. The most 3 point attempts per a game Dell took was about 5 and he hit over 40 percent on those attempts. He had a few seasons where he was shooting 4-5 a game. I think 5 is still a good amount 3's per game even for today. Guys like Reggie Miller, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice had seasons where they would shoot 5-6 3's per a game. You are acting like they were not high volume 3 point shooters during that era which isn't the case. Granted they were not as many as they are now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you are creating a hypothetical where he's born to a completely different family. You could then say if Dell was not Steph's father he's definitely not in the NBA. Dell had a huge impact on Steph becoming an NBA player. There is a story when Steph was a teenager during the summer time where Dell forced Steph to change the way Steph shot. I remember hearing Steph say that summer was a painful summer because Dell would force him to shoot a way that he was not comfortable shooting and it took him the whole entire summer to relearn how to shoot. Dell's reasoning for changing Steph's shot was that he felt Steph's shot would not be effective in college or at the pro level. On top of that Steph had confidence issues in hschool and going into college in which Dell was a huge factor in helping him overcome it.

His father was a great 3 point shooter regardless of him not being a high volume shooter from 3's. The most 3 point attempts per a game Dell took was about 5 and he hit over 40 percent on those attempts. He had a few seasons where he was shooting 4-5 a game. I think 5 is still a good amount 3's per game even for today. Guys like Reggie Miller, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice had seasons where they would shoot 5-6 3's per a game. You are acting like they were not high volume 3 point shooters during that era which isn't the case. Granted they were not as many as they are now.
    I’m not even gonna read all of this because I just said my main point was that you can’t even compare it. I know people like to do it but I’m i the camp that just judges each era on its own. What I’m saying is if you start comparing you have to start applying way too many factors and you’ll never get a right answe. How is that difficult to understand?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively, Kawhi is way better than Pippen. Not close. Defensively, they are similar players. But Curry had no trouble getting his shot off on Kawhi during his MVP run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to change thread le to “I Am Bored As ”.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the worst kinds of debates. No one wins but everyone comes out a loser. Men hurting each other’s basketball feelings smh

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe the beautiful game offense just isn’t feasible. There are other ways to go about it without being so dramatic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively, Kawhi is way better than Pippen. Not close. Defensively, they are similar players. But Curry had no trouble getting his shot off on Kawhi during his MVP run.
    interesting, but I will disagree, he is more efficient and more versatile for sure, however it is at least two levels below Pippen as a playmaker, Kawhi had two excellent seasons as a primary option (one of them statistically better than the two seasons of Pippen being the dog alpha in chicago), but taking into account that Pippen played at a slower pace, and in a center-oriented era, Kawhi's advantage as a scorer is less than he looks (yes, he would not be the first choice either if he played with Michael Jordan).

Pippen (and most perimeter players of the '80s and' 90s') would be easier to play on current rules, he is basically a Giannis with less engine, but much more versatile offensively and with a brain (Pippen as a basketball player is better than Hardens and Westbrook) between him and Kawhi is currently basically an tie imo, and if Kawhi playing with hand cheking would probably be the best perimeter defender in the game's history, he would also have more difficulties (and a drop in its efficiency) playing against defenses more physical

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting, but I will disagree, he is more efficient and more versatile for sure, however it is at least two levels below Pippen as a playmaker, Kawhi had two excellent seasons as a primary option (one of them statistically better than the two seasons of Pippen being the dog alpha in chicago), but taking into account that Pippen played at a slower pace, and in a center-oriented era, Kawhi's advantage as a scorer is less than he looks (yes, he would not be the first choice either if he played with Michael Jordan).

Pippen (and most perimeter players of the '80s and' 90s') would be easier to play on current rules, he is basically a Giannis with less engine, but much more versatile offensively and with a brain (Pippen as a basketball player is better than Hardens and Westbrook) between him and Kawhi is currently basically an tie imo, and if Kawhi playing with hand cheking would probably be the best perimeter defender in the game's history, he would also have more difficulties (and a drop in its efficiency) playing against defenses more physical
    I meant that as a better scorer. Pippen was probably a better playmaker, but that was probably facilitated by having Jordan on his team. I mean, defenses always doubled Jordan so if Jordan swings the ball to you, chances are there is a player or two that is open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi is not a finished product. My guess is Pop knew Kawhi had to develop confidence with his game. Which is why he wanted him to model himself after Jordan and Kobe on offense. He was already and elite defender and he became an efficient scoring machine. For sure his last stage of development would be to add a playmaking ability to his game. We shall see how well he does in Toronto. I'm sure his management and uncle are telling him to chuck shots IP and pad stats like Westbrook or Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is not a finished product. My guess is Pop knew Kawhi had to develop confidence with his game. Which is why he wanted him to model himself after Jordan and Kobe on offense. He was already and elite defender and he became an efficient scoring machine. For sure his last stage of development would be to add a playmaking ability to his game. We shall see how well he does in Toronto. I'm sure his management and uncle are telling him to chuck shots IP and pad stats like Westbrook or Lebron.
    fair, my analysis was based on what we have seen so far, but I really believe that Kawhi if everything works out is in the category of two-way superstars, which is rare in league history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will probably never become a finished product now. Not to the fullest of his capabilities...
    Good luck, rookie Raptor's coach.

apalopink is rooting for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the worst kinds of debates. No one wins but everyone comes out a loser. Men hurting each other’s basketball feelings smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

6h
    Euroleague standout James Nunnally has agreed to a two-year deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops!!!!

Sam Amico @AmicoHoops

1m
    Former pro basketball journeyman Pops Mensah-Bonsu named GM of #Wizards’ new G-League affiliate, the Capital City Go-Go. #NBA amicohoops.net/mensah-bonsu-n…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good team with a great 90s center could give them a ton of trouble. Olajuwon would start fouling everybody out. Shaq would destroy them. Green couldn't handle them and then it would be down the order. That was Chicago's huge weakness, no post play.

I also think Olajuwons Rockets could compete with the Warriors coz they got the complete package, including defense, outside shooting and clutch play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    speaking about the bulls leathal five analogue in todays nba it would be:
    Harper to any tall combo guard with defensive mindset, without a good 3 pointer and with no wish to have a lot of touches...Dejonte Murray?
    MJ...that's tough...let it be Lebron regardless his position
    Pippen...I would go with Kawhi of 2016 style not Paul George
    Rodman...it has to be Drummond not Davis
    Kukoc...I would go with Giannis to make things more interesting))))

so it's Murray+Lebron+Kawhi+Drummond+Giannis vs Curry+Thompson+Durant+Greeg+Iggy...easy win for Lebron team

Interesting

Thread Information