Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is used to press and probably isn't afraid of the business. I think he said it, 'I'm just here to have a good time.'
    No reason Timmy can't rely on a mouthpiece/some good assistant like Becky to be the main voice to the media, while he does his thing in the locker room/on the bench.
    Being HC is not just coaching the players and give motivational speeches... it's also a significant "boring" administrative load and there are stuff you cannot delegate, management of players ego, touches, complains, sponsors etc.. again not saying he is not capable on the contrary but I don't see him planning a career of 10 or 20 years around that... would not be the first time I'm wrong tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would be one of the worst coaches in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no I dont

Duncan is a cerebral player a la Kareem. Do you think Kareem would have been a goid coach?

He would be a terrible coach. I rather have Mrs bubblegum coaching tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the troll mult account known as hater thinks that Tim couldn't be as succefull at head coaching an NBA team as Larry "Legend" Bird?

Standard Spurmstalk forum Bolded Donk posting.

But SayTown brings up the the most poignant point about a successful Larry Ledgen type success Tim Duncan could go along way in helping bring top free agents, you spurms talk bolded donks wont even concede that it would KEEP develop talent like mute cancer here.
    No one was keeping Kawhi here. He wanted to go home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy has already surprised me with being an assistant this season. I honestly never saw him coaching but obviously that changed after this year so I don't know what to think about him being a full time coach. I want to say that I don't see him being a head coach ever but I never saw him being an assistant either so who knows.

As far as how he would fare as coach, his calm demeanor and obvious knowledge for defensive positioning/rebounding and all that would be good. I think his weakness would be with the current offensive style of the NBA, being able to fully get the most of guard players that of course thats just me speculating based on what little I know.

Overall, I would be absolutely ecstatic about him being coach for several reasons. 1)Timmy is a winner. 2)He can attract young FA who understand that Duncan is a winner. 3)Pop is Military, Duncan is laid back the style would obviously change but would mesh better with this day and age. 4)This would a huge boost for the fan base. Something to get real excited about.

But with that said, I don't think it happens. I still believe Becky has a higher chance of being our next HC than Timmy. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are in good hands if Flopovich finally retires tbh. I don't give a who's coaching
    My man! Warms my heart to see the fans really turn on the old, selfish . The next step is to start going after his past "accomplishments" for which he gets way too much credit for obviously.

Really hope the Olympics team gets absolutely embarrassed because of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10:43 mark, DeRozan discusses Timmy as coach.

Thread Information