Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    if she does not get the job spurs will be lambasted in the media by sjws for stinging her along while she turned down major mens d1 offers to be headith coach.........

becky has already won a championship with the young spurs core

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think she will get it, and yes, that will look pretty awkward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'SJW'. God can you be any more of an insipid child.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will DeRozan be coached different by Hammon is what I want to know. She needs to get him to get with the program on his outside shooting or be willing to limit his minutes unlike popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the Becky Hammons nonsense. She doesn't deserve to be a head coach any more than Will Hardy does. All the hype about her has everything to do with the fact that she is a female.

Will Hardy has served as Head Coach of multiple Summer League teams & has been with the organization for 10 years. He started with the team as a Basketball Operations Intern & worked his way up to his current role of assistant coach. If the Spurs organization is a true meritocracy & they want to promote from within, he's the better choice.

However, this team (as cons uted) needs a strong, energetic leader as a head coach. One that is focused on basketball and winning, not someone who has a woke agenda and feels compelled to bloviate on and on about politics during a team presser. No more kissing players' asses and trying to give them history lessons about their inherited oppression or some other bull . If they don't bring it, they sit or get moved. Which brings me to the next point - Get Brian Wright the out of here. What a complete joke of a GM.

In other words, tear this down and build a winner from top to bottom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with her getting hired just like a man as long as she can get fired like a man. I am afraid if she does bad she will be more difficult than Pop to get rid of.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

pop aint leaving until he ruins lonnie, luka, vassell and the new kid they get this summer

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the Becky Hammons nonsense. She doesn't deserve to be a head coach any more than Will Hardy does. All the hype about her has everything to do with the fact that she is a female.

Will Hardy has served as Head Coach of multiple Summer League teams & has been with the organization for 10 years. He started with the team as a Basketball Operations Intern & worked his way up to his current role of assistant coach. If the Spurs organization is a true meritocracy & they want to promote from within, he's the better choice.

However, this team (as cons uted) needs a strong, energetic leader as a head coach. One that is focused on basketball and winning, not someone who has a woke agenda and feels compelled to bloviate on and on about politics during a team presser. No more kissing players' asses and trying to give them history lessons about their inherited oppression or some other bull . If they don't bring it, they sit or get moved. Which brings me to the next point - Get Brian Wright the out of here. What a complete joke of a GM.

this sealed it for me -- go Coach Beck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would prefer Will hardy as the coach if we hire within, last off-season on the windhorst podcast he mentioned that a lot of teams looking for coaches liked Will hardy a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would prefer Will hardy as the coach if we hire within, last off-season on the windhorst podcast he mentioned that a lot of teams looking for coaches liked Will hardy a lot.
    Yes, why not pick someone other than the person who's been Pop's number one assistant? Why not pick someone entirely different who hasn't been on the main bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this sealed it for me -- go Coach Beck
    Yes - Go already.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky already triggering the mentally weak I love it

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    What are Becky's qualifications besides being the top assistant on the worst Spurs team in the past 25 years?

Spurs have suffered massive brain drain with other teams stealing all the good assistants and front office personel. The only ones left are spineless yes men like Becky and Will. Hiring Becky as coach would be just as misguided as hiring Brian Wright as GM. If you're going to make diversity hires like these, at least pick people with legit resumes - Brian Wright was a joke of hire considering he was part of the disastrous Pistons and Magic front offices.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got three names:

- Ime Udoka
    - Patty Mills
    - Tony Parker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with her getting hired just like a man as long as she can get fired like a man. I am afraid if she does bad she will be more difficult than Pop to get rid of.
    This was my thought. Are you hiring her bc she’s the right person or bc you want to break a barrier for women? If it’s bc you think she is the best candidate, meaning you interviewed the best coaches available and she was the best, and she can be fired if she fails, then that is the right approach. But if you hire her and she gets hired bc she is a woman over other more qualified coaches and then no one is allowed to criticize her or fire her if she does a bad job bc that sets the woman’s movement back, I think that would be a disastrous mistake.

Hire the best coach available. If that’s Becky, then so be it. But this shouldn’t be about breaking boundaries, it should be about getting the best talent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Becky is just feminist left propaganda, Like all the Pop talked about in the last 4-5 years, the old man was a Hitler and he humiliated Duncan, Parker and Manu for a long time and now he is in favor of the players and social issues. When you mix Politics and SJW stupidity we have the new Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba head coaches don't just do plays and shape rosters. They sell tickets, they shape free agency, they do media spinning. This team needs a lot on the business side too. Without the playoffs, with middling talent, with a weak owner, someone has to sell tickets

So when you say, id like some random coach, consider what's actually at stake.

Becky is a name but not the only one. I just don't think they'll chose someone who hasn't been a prior nba head coach over her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She deserves a shot, she has paid her dues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky already triggering the mentally weak I love it
    Says the mindless sheep suckling on Gregg’s nut juice. Have you ever talked to a woman that didn’t involve using your credit card? How do you sleep at night knowing you’re white? F’ing Jame Gumb calling people weak minded over here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is afraid to step up.
    Last game some other dude had to step up.

She don’t want it cause she knows she would fail badly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m friends with a couple of the Spurs assistant coaches who moved on from the organization. They were extremely grateful to work for Gregg but you shouldn’t believe all the BS you see them say in front of the cameras or to reporters about Becky. They were just playing the game. They shake their heads & roll their eyes in private about all the unearned publicity she got. Especially early on. She’s got a few more skins in the bucket & might get there some day but she has nothing on the candidates who come from the video rooms or were assigned to scheme opponents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i'm Becky i'm not taking this job, you're destined to fail here with this group of players, no outside shooting to speak of, no real rim protector, average to low collective bball IQ. The next headcoach is destined to fail and i have no problem with that since we need to actually tank this time around.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me becky hammon. Some of you are just straight up un-tolerable to even communicate with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is afraid to step up.
    Last game some other dude had to step up.

She don’t want it cause she knows she would fail badly
    This is untrue and I already told you why another coach stepped up. Go ahead and ignore the facts though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't give a whether it's going to be Becky as the next coach or not. But y'all need to stop coming up with lies to fill your ignorance. It's not a good look. When you don't know something, it's okay to not know.

Thread Information