Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop probably would have not won a single ring if PJ did not have his ear.
    PJ wasn’t here in ‘99. Pop won a ring without him. He won another in ‘14.

You’re good at being wrong.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even you have to admit though Timvp that this team quit on Pop. I mean there were plenty of games where they didn't even bother to show up at all. He has lost the locker room and that's all it takes for a coach to move on

drugs are bad

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    delete your ing account, holy Christ
    Dunning-Kruger effect is a real thing and some SpursTalk posters epitomize the phenomena, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Pop's coaching atm

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Pop's coaching atm

never once did the team quit on him. FOH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never once did the team quit on him. FOH
    This is based on memory so bear with me, but I believe we lost 7 outta 10 (maybe 8) at one point and I said the team quit on Pop after we lost by 25 to Cleveland. It was a pathetic showing and the team basically stayed on the plane that day while we got blown out by a team actively trying to lose. I know losing to bad teams happens so it's not like I make a big deal out of it (though we did go 0-3 against the Thunder, lost to the Twolves, lost to the Rockets who immediately lost 20 in a row, and just about every other bad team imaginable) but this game stuck to me. They just didn't give a and it looked like they quit. We had been blown out prior by the Kings and they had similar energy that day as well, but losing to a tanking team by 25, in the midst of a losing streak and getting the breaks beaten off by the Kings, made me believe the team quit on Pop. I called it out when it happened and made a thread about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is based on memory so bear with me, but I believe we lost 7 outta 10 (maybe 8) at one point and I said the team quit on Pop after we lost by 25 to Cleveland. It was a pathetic showing and the team basically stayed on the plane that day while we got blown out by a team actively trying to lose. I know losing to bad teams happens so it's not like I make a big deal out of it (though we did go 0-3 against the Thunder, lost to the Twolves, lost to the Rockets who immediately lost 20 in a row, and just about every other bad team imaginable) but this game stuck to me. They just didn't give a and it looked like they quit. We had been blown out prior by the Kings and they had similar energy that day as well, but losing to a tanking team by 25, in the midst of a losing streak and getting the breaks beaten off by the Kings, made me believe the team quit on Pop. I called it out when it happened and made a thread about it
    I agree to some level. That was the Murrayless spurs with derozan that got their doors blown off by a tanking cavs team, by the way.

Probably one of the more miserable watches I’ve had in some time. Totally outclassed on both ends - I think to anyone critically watching should be the obvious tell to move on from anything involving Demar derozan. His body language in particular was really, really poor. And I think reading into that is generally foolish- but in this particular instance it was really striking.

im sure pop is partially responsible- but demar’s presence on the floor was the primary factor in a lot of these moments where it looked the spurs couldn’t do anything right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's fact considering Pop was in the FO at the time and still wasn't winning even with a strong ass Robinson. Robinson brought the grace but Duncan brought the culture and rings.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying Coach Bud couldn’t still get fired this year, but going up 3-0 on the Heat in dominating fashion seems to reduce the odds for a scenario of him being the Spurs coach next year, at least for the moment...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PJ wasn’t here in ‘99. Pop won a ring without him. He won another in ‘14.

You’re good at being wrong.
    haha sounds familiar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying Coach Bud couldn’t still get fired this year, but going up 3-0 on the Heat in dominating fashion seems to reduce the odds for a scenario of him being the Spurs coach next year, at least for the moment...
    Supposedly, the have to make the ECFs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bud doesn't get to at least the ECF and they have a tough 6 game series there is a greater than 0% chance he could be fired.

Bucks have no picks and for the immediate future are going to be paying 3 players over 400 million dollars. Anything that is not a le is a complete bust for them.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bud doesn't get to at least the ECF and they have a tough 6 game series there is a greater than 0% chance he could be fired.

Bucks have no picks and for the immediate future are going to be paying 3 players over 400 million dollars. Anything that is not a le is a complete bust for them.
    So like somewhere between 1 to 99% chance? That’s a, uhh, fairly big range. Not sure if you mistyped. It sounds like you’re saying ECF or bust. That would make sense. But who else would tgey get...Ty Lue? Not sure who is going to be available that will be an upgrade, though I haven’t been paying attention to available coaches, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So like somewhere between 1 to 99% chance? That’s a, uhh, fairly big range. Not sure if you mistyped. It sounds like you’re saying ECF or bust. That would make sense. But who else would tgey get...Ty Lue? Not sure who is going to be available that will be an upgrade, though I haven’t been paying attention to available coaches, tbh.
    When you keep banging on the door, but can’t get in, changes are made, and it’s rarely the players. You can’t keep doing the same thing, and sometimes, just a coaching change can pump 5 more wins out of a team.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what we need is milwaukee's toaster leavings

when is the sheen going to wear off coach bud

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Bud is gone if they lose to Brooklyn. I also think he's one of the best coaches in the league. He should be our next coach if he's available. I don't believe there's anybody that would be better that's available.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what we need is milwaukee's toaster leavings

when is the sheen going to wear off coach bud
    Bud is a better option than spineless yes man Becky. Bud is the main reason why the Spurs changed up their play style in 2011 after looking archaic in the 2010 playoffs.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud is a better option than spineless yes man Becky. Bud is the main reason why the Spurs changed up their play style in 2011 after looking archaic in the 2010 playoffs.
    becky is an unknown imo

bud is bud

i like bud but see no potential for him to be a longterm upgrade from tosbpop

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    becky is an unknown imo

bud is bud

i like bud but see no potential for him to be a longterm upgrade from tosbpop
    Bud understands the modern NBA. He also puts out a watchable product. I don't trust anybody on the coaching staff that was a part of the current show. Becky being the lead assistant on the worst Spurs team in the past 25 years should be more than enough reason to disqualify her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Bud is gone if they lose to Brooklyn. I also think he's one of the best coaches in the league.
    Do you think Brooklyns roster is better then Mils?
    I'm not sure either way but Brooklyn with BrooklynRef is going to be an extremely hard takedown.

Did you see the charging call on Durbetta get erased upon review yesterday?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what i see on the side line and in the huddles- Becky seems to be more animated, fiery, and willing to take charge than anyone else.

she 100% strikes me as being the most assertive voice on the coaching staff. Summer league is summer league, sure, but if you watched her time coaching there it was also apparent her demeanor is that of someone to be listened to and respected. She is not afraid to vocalize frustration with players and no player has ever had a problem taking criticism from her that I’ve seen. Compared to Hardy and Johnson- she is absolutely the alpha.

I’m trying to tip toe around some of the assumptions I see people making, but damn. There is some antiquated thinking in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud understands the modern NBA. He also puts out a watchable product. I don't trust anybody on the coaching staff that was a part of the current show. Becky being the lead assistant on the worst Spurs team in the past 25 years should be more than enough reason to disqualify her.
    didn’t realize Becky was also making personnel decisions from her assistant coaching position.

There was no coaching away the inherent problems of this years spurs team. I’m sorry to break it to this forum. Putting the failures of this team at the feet of Becky ing Hammond is a hilarious leap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea right- an alpha steps aside when pop is at HOF cause some other scrub scouted the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea right- an alpha steps aside when pop is at HOF cause some other scrub scouted the team.
    Let her throw a little temper tantrum in pops office so she can symbolically coach a team for one night during a lost season. What a pathetic, insignificant moment to fixate on.

Thread Information