Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao just realized your AV was Aqib Talib

Personally...I think this idea that athletes have a social responsibility is very unfair...if i was a superstar athlete that finally made it out the hood the last thing I would want to do is dedicate my life to it...but then id prolly be an OJ Simpson type coon myself
    Bull . You get into entertainment you're responsible for being a representative of the organization that hires you. Guys don't become pro athletes because they never looked up to one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron says he did (will not) it for the (his) kids ...
    Real talk, I cant blame him for not wanting his kids to pay the price for his actions ....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bull . You get into entertainment you're responsible for being a representative of the organization that hires you. Guys don't become pro athletes because they never looked up to one.
    I didnt say anything about representing their franchise or organization in a poor manner. I said they have no social responsibility...as Charles Barkley said when he was an active player...my responsibility is not to parent your kids, that's your responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to see how this plays out before I comment, tbh..I initially blasted Lebron for going back to Gilbert, but I didn't look at the end game, which was brilliant on his part..therefore, I won't rush to judgment here, unlike last time..

Lebron has been one of the strongest Black activists in sports history the past 2 years, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt..there's probably something much larger on the horizon(considering the national anthem protests haven't accomplished anything but take $ out of the bank accounts of hard working Black athletes like the lesser known Brandon Marshall and others, sadly)..

I don't necessarily agree with Trill about Cam, though..while it would be nice for him to stand up, I think he has too much to lose, right now..the NFL is a plantation, their players don't have power like the NBA players(unless you're Manning or Brady)..
    I am no longer a Lebron fan, tbh, that ugly-ass ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid to even whine about this .

1: Kneeling does nothing but make them look pretentious and embarrasses the dudes who writes them checks (you know, the people giving them millions to play a game). You wanna speak out? Do it after the in game lol. Why be a on tv? Oh yeah, because it's on tv.

2: Why even whine about a few police shooting of blacks? Exponentially more blacks shoot eachother than police. Which not ironically is why police are more likely to shoot blacks.

93% of black deaths are at the hands of other blacks. That 7% isn't "police" either, it's anyone else period.

You want less black deaths? Stop killing eachother then. And stop whining about less than 1% of black murders that happen at the hands of police when they kill some loudmouth because blacks commit the most murders per capita and are rightfully considered more likely to use guns and commit murders.

You gots whine about "uncle toms" and "the man", but YET AGAIN blacks are the source of their own problems. Remain ignorant, it's amusing to see most of that race go ing nowhere still while the "uncle toms" who decided to use their brain are making fine lives for themselves by getting a job and not acting like a dumb, whiney 'sperg all the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh God, here comes Black on Black crime guy

I love their comparisons of officers that are paid to protect and serve all citizens vs. poor gangbangers fighting for turf and customers, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "look at black on black crime" as a response to discussion about police brutality makes no sense. it's just a complete diversion and evades the actual discussion.

if the conversation topic is specifically about police actions/reactions, then bringing up black on black crime is a re ed political tool. but if the conversation topic is a more general question about issues that are plaguing black america, then sure, black on black crime is a fair discussion point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes perfect sense. If black lives mattered that much, perhaps they should focus on getting the people (theselves) who kill the most of them to stop?

How can you not find that hypocritical? It's like living with a family of total ing slobs who never empties their trash and who's houses are total holes. . . whining and making a big scene about someone tossing a wrapper next to instead of in a garbage can while saying nothing about or to their family or their own behavior. That person's opinion means nothing.

So no, if a policeman, who's job is to keep the peace and is dealing with dangerous criminals puts someone down, it's actually not as bad as a random black killing another because he liked his Jordans. Like with that Trayvon Martin . . .dude was popping off at the mouth and threatening the dude and literally attacked him first because he got approached by a neighborhood watch guy (who wasn't even getting paid while putting himself at risk for the benefit of others) while looking for more houses to break in to. I'm supposed to give a about him getting shot? Yeah, I won't. And the protests were ing stupid and racist because it was a white man.

So yes, it's quite relevant. Wasting everyone's time with an extremely minor issue which only makes up a very small, marginal fraction of the problem (black murders) is disingenuous and stupid to me. It isn't like they're looking for blacks to kill. In many (if not most) cases they're criminals who were caught doing illegal then didn't follow instructions and escalated the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ It makes no sense. That's like having a conversation about terror attacks, then claiming they're irrelevant because you're 90% more likely to die in a car accident.

On a discussion about terror threats, it makes zero sense, and it's a diversion, as spurraider said.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I love their comparisons of officers that are paid to protect and serve all citizens vs. poor gangbangers fighting for turf and customers, tbh
    A dumb argument black on black crime is a problem but doesn't excuse police use of excessive force.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really liked the response that Lebron gave on Media Day about it. The biggest issue isn't the social injustice of police brutality. It's the fear and uncertainty that comes any time a police officer stops a black person -- on both the parts of the black person and the police. It's actually extremely disturbing how much this is escalating.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some statistics regarding police related deaths... take them for what you will.

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black.

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man. The ratio is 7 to 1 for blacks vs 6 to 1 for whites.

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. 40 percent of cop killers are black. A police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    So you've studied my material? Then you know that I speak the truth. By the way... whats your favorite carrot cake?
    Studied you material? You flood the forums with that garbage hoping something will stick. You aren't even black. Why don't you go back to your pickles and lumpia.

Why don't you tell everyone your favorite lumpia recipe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt say anything about representing their franchise or organization in a poor manner. I said they have no social responsibility...as Charles Barkley said when he was an active player...my responsibility is not to parent your kids, that's your responsibility.
    Of course they have social responsibility. Many of them shun it, but everyone has social responsibility. Barkley was making an excuse for being a piece of . No one asked him to parent the kids, so that's just his way of bifurcating the issue because he didn't have a leg to stand on. The only truth to any of it is that they can still get paid without shouldering the social responsibility. These ass clowns take the net gains from their fame but shun the responsibilities that go along with it. It's one of the many things ed up about society today. It's akin to depleting a resource without conservation, and using the same excuse "I am not responsible for your kids' futures".

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Shut the up....That got paid in carrot cakes is true....I don't give a whether they sit or stand....but Brozne is a git anyways
    Then why reply to my post, you moron? I don't give a rat's ass about Jim or carrot cake or whatever lame ass gimmick you pathetic losers come up. My point was that you idiots are so hypocritical.

I guess in your case, coon recognize coon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really liked the response that Lebron gave on Media Day about it. The biggest issue isn't the social injustice of police brutality. It's the fear and uncertainty that comes any time a police officer stops a black person -- on both the parts of the black person and the police. It's actually extremely disturbing how much this is escalating.
    I agree overall. I think what he said actually touched on an issue that so many miss the boat on and it's the wildly unnessecary escalation of so many police interactions.

Ultimately, it's on police, it's their damn job as paid protectors of the community to take the higher road, but damn, people have some responsibility too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree overall. I think what he said actually touched on an issue that so many miss the boat on and it's the wildly unnessecary escalation of so many police interactions.

Ultimately, it's on police, it's their damn job as paid protectors of the community to take the higher road, but damn, people have some responsibility too.
    I think it's because the group that thinks most about it are the parents of black kids, and for a lot of reasons that's not the most well-represented population in these discussions. My mother used to tell me, "When I see Michael Brown, I see you," which I consider an insult, but whatever. While I think every black person and police officer who works in black areas feels the tension, nothing can compare to the helplessness of a parent who watches their kids go out into a world where even the law enforcement can't be trusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's because the group that thinks most about it are the parents of black kids, and for a lot of reasons that's not the most well-represented population in these discussions. My mother used to tell me, "When I see Michael Brown, I see you," which I consider an insult, but whatever. While I think every black person and police officer who works in black areas feels the tension, nothing can compare to the helplessness of a parent who watches their kids go out into a world where even the law enforcement can't be trusted.
    Great point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black.

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man. The ratio is 7 to 1 for blacks vs 6 to 1 for whites.

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. 40 percent of cop killers are black. A police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.
    "a black"

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Pigs abuse their power in all countries, its only American negroes that try to exaggerate and attention to get themselves some special treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pigs abuse their power in all countries, its only American negroes that try to exaggerate and attention to get themselves some special treatment.
    Figures you'd make an incendiary comment like that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: LBJ

Still the greatest player ever.
    A fitting opinion for this board's biggest got, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got truth nuked, dude.

Referencing:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By that logic, blacks get a pass for being "gangbangers". You went full re , bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got truth nuked, dude.

Referencing:
    Half of those stats weren't even relevant to a racist argument (and I don't even think phyzik was trying to be racist). I don't think you'd know what a truth nuke was if you were standing in Hiroshima. , how long did it take you to give up on Jimmer?

Thread Information