Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the current players regulate themselves. A lot of passive people on that roster. No one is taking the bull by the horns. #10 tries to but just plays out of control. LMA has to have the ball fed to him in his spots. He is what he is.

This team is not really very fun or entertaining to watch. I'd rather watch young players come out and learn instead of watching 10+ year veterans make stupid mistakes at the end of games. That's just me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the talent that’s lacking along with quitting on Pop, imo. The team is filled with “system players” playing in a system that died with the Big 3 and Nephew quitting. Demar, LMA, and Rudy to a lesser extent are good players that don’t win you games with their style of play. Forbes, Lyles, Patty, Marco wouldn’t be rotation players on any other team in the league. Dejounte is a bit too inconsistent, Derrick is passive too often, Lonnie and Carroll don’t play even though they should be, etc.
    It's a complete wreck. Load Management's gotry has killed this franchise as we have known it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they had Murray out for the season and White with plantar fasciitis
    That has nothing to do with my comment. I was just responding to the last time SA was 3 games under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old time sniffer: "How dare you guys forget about S.P.A.M. Get ready for a 20 game winning streak to sneak in as an 8th seed. "
    Not this year. They are not figuring this mess out. And of course I know you are joking.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 11-16-2019 at 11:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had everything to do with Derozan. Freakin same story every night my goodness. He is the anti big 3
    We had to get something out of Load Management holding us ransom but getting DeMar as the outcome...what a ing mismatch that's turned out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bring in losers from losing organizations and you expect a leopard to change its spots?

This team will only succeed by having home grown players (through the draft)... even if it takes years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 plus years making the playoffs, 5 championships, and now we should celebrate possibly not making the playoffs? Sorry, not in my DNA. This sucks.
    You're my guy, Bill. You're old school, I get that. It's gonna be a long, ty season but it's needed. It's long overdue and the franchise needs a wake up call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need some sleep so I'm out. These last two games have been a total cluster. A very long year awaits. Better decisions on and off the court are needed and soon. At least we finally have a lottery pick for the first time in 23 years this summer. We had to trade for the last one nine years ago - 2011.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the talent that’s lacking along with quitting on Pop, imo. The team is filled with “system players” playing in a system that died with the Big 3 and Nephew quitting. Demar, LMA, and Rudy to a lesser extent are good players that don’t win you games with their style of play. Forbes, Lyles, Patty, Marco wouldn’t be rotation players on any other team in the league. Dejounte is a bit too inconsistent, Derrick is passive too often, Lonnie and Carroll don’t play even though they should be, etc.
    Agreed mostly. Forbes and Lyles are definitely rotation players. The team isn't as bad as the record. Just bad rotations. You can only have Bryn or Demar in the starting Lineup. I personally favor forbes cause he's a big time shotmaker, but Derozan is the "star"... We desperately need a wing defender. It's just too big a hole to have net negative defenders on the wing. Just too many all around good players now. So if you are gonna try to make it work you would have to start Demar at the two and Demarre at the three. It messes up the bench but that's the only way. I think Pop is completely dreading it but it's the enevitable. He wants Bryn in there mightily for spacing and all the intangibles. But the actual best thing to do that would balance the team would be to put Demarre in with Bryn Murray, Lyles and LMA. That would balance the whole roster and fix rotations. You'd have White, Patty, DD, Gay, and Poetl on the bench. It just fits. The problem there is then Lonnie would get no pt or shot at pt. I think the rotations are based on Lonnie taking Beli's spot. What's going on right now messes up all Pops plans imo. It's sad but that's what' going on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ sniffers calling the Spurs into 5th seed this season
    “Edgelords”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sorry but it can’t get anymore obvious.

Derozan is the reason for tonight’s loss, he’s the reason the team is playing like trash so far this year.

hes a black hole on offense. Last 4 minutes it was just him vs Blazers practically. At least it felt that way. His emotions always get the better of him. He doesn’t look to create, he only passes when he’s in midair with no where to go. I really really truly wish this team had the balls to just bench him. And then make him demand a trade and go from there.
    Actually White has more ball down the stretch. DD was making things happen just before that, got LMA 3 open jumpers in which he hit 1. DD didn't get calls. His foul ON Good was bad D though. It's unfortunate the refs pretty much ed this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bring in losers from losing organizations and you expect a leopard to change its spots?

This team will only succeed by having home grown players (through the draft)... even if it takes years.
    No but we didn't expect a leoNARD to change his spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed mostly. Forbes and Lyles are definitely rotation players. The team isn't as bad as the record. Just bad rotations. You can only have Bryn or Demar in the starting Lineup. I personally favor forbes cause he's a big time shotmaker, but Derozan is the "star"... We desperately need a wing defender. It's just too big a hole to have net negative defenders on the wing. Just too many all around good players now. So if you are gonna try to make it work you would have to start Demar at the two and Demarre at the three. It messes up the bench but that's the only way. I think Pop is completely dreading it but it's the enevitable. He wants Bryn in there mightily for spacing and all the intangibles. But the actual best thing to do that would balance the team would be to put Demarre in with Bryn Murray, Lyles and LMA. That would balance the whole roster and fix rotations. You'd have White, Patty, DD, Gay, and Poetl on the bench. It just fits. The problem there is then Lonnie would get no pt or shot at pt. I think the rotations are based on Lonnie taking Beli's spot. What's going on right now messes up all Pops plans imo. It's sad but that's what' going on here.
    Agree with that. I should clarify that Forbes and Lyles are rotation players but on this team, Forbes is treated like the 3rd option when he’s more fitted in a bench role/quick offense type like how Patty was in 2014. And Lyles, while good, isn’t a starting 4 on contending teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don’t know whether to congratulate you or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confirmation that the Assistant Coaches FEAR POP, they play a guy pop reviles.
    Pop played Walker before Pop was tossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We tanking!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good one tbh

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with that. I should clarify that Forbes and Lyles are rotation players but on this team, Forbes is treated like the 3rd option when he’s more fitted in a bench role/quick offense type like how Patty was in 2014. And Lyles, while good, isn’t a starting 4 on contending teams.
    I still disagree. I think Forbes can be a starter in the right situation and to a lesser extent Lyles. To start with Lyles, he's a perfect role player on a developed team. He does all the glue stuff and can does 3 and D at a high level. He works. As for Bryn you would have to pair him with a big guard that can defend(Murray & White) and also a plus defender on the wing who can at least 3 & D. He almost fits in this lineup if it weren't for Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad this will be a fine and not a year long suspension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me and my guys timtonymanu and NASpurs have been on the tank for a while now, glad you fatties are finally catching up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still disagree. I think Forbes can be a starter in the right situation and to a lesser extent Lyles. To start with Lyles, he's a perfect role player on a developed team. He does all the glue stuff and can does 3 and D at a high level. He works. As for Bryn you would have to pair him with a big guard that can defend(Murray & White) and also a plus defender on the wing who can at least 3 & D. He almost fits in this lineup if it weren't for Derozan.
    Good points. I think the depth from 2014 made me spoiled and that’s probably not a fair comparison to use. Agree that pairing Forbes next to someone (imagine if Danny was still around) who can defend will make him more effective and be able to hide his flaws better. Same with Lyles, he has the tools and fundamentals to be a solid starting 4, I wouldn’t go as far to say better than Bobo, but could have had a Bonner type impact. Only problem is that there isn’t a solid alternate from the bench. F, Marcus Morris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody's getting a fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, I was due, tbh.

Thread Information