Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here’s an example. It’s gonna be a long and painful road for these Rockets.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jesus email me the rest of this story bruh
    It wasn't THAT long. Just 1 to 2 sentence take overall quick take on each player. I am no TIMVP but I watched the entire game. Curious to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this Magic team sucks and all, but…Spurs biggest win of last season was by 26 points.

They just matched that in their first game.

Just stating facts here.
    Damn that's crazy. I remember them playing games against super depleted rosters last year because of covid protocol too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new era. Hope is there. Maybe. Just maybe the young ones catch lighting a bottle.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this Magic team sucks and all, but…Spurs biggest win of last season was by 26 points.

Just stating facts here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't THAT long. Just 1 to 2 sentence take overall quick take on each player. I am no TIMVP but I watched the entire game. Curious to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees.
    Thanks man for the thoughts.
    One thing that can’t be understated is how much this team seem to genuinely celebrate each other and their accomplishments on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 2 things I noticed from the box score....all Spurs that played scored points, except for SpursTalk enemy numero uno, Forbes. Thaddeus didn't sniff the court.
    Forbes missed his shot and was bench for the rest of the night. Isn't that like the perfect way to play him. If he is on, you play him. If he is off, you keep him on the bench.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes missed his shot and was bench for the rest of the night. Isn't that like the perfect way to play him. If he is on, you play him. If he is off, you keep him on the bench.
    Really that simple...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD blew a defensive assignment late and Pop lit into him in the huddle. Good to see.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average age of the Spurs feels like it's ten years less than the Lakers. That's a team that will struggle against teams that move them around on defense a lot.
    remember when the spurs' achilles heel was young athletic teams ........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im still surprised Thad isn't in the equation. would be at the very least a good backup 4 like Gay
    I'm with timvp that if the Spurs don't have any interest in figuring it out Thad should've been gone by now. That second unit would've shined with last year's Young playing instead of Eubanks -- and I like Drew and thought he played fine tonight.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes missed his shot and was bench for the rest of the night. Isn't that like the perfect way to play him. If he is on, you play him. If he is off, you cut his ass.
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed the game but excited by the win. Looking forward to the recap and grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun game tbh. Best part was Forms only playing six minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with timvp that if the Spurs don't have any interest in figuring it out Thad should've been gone by now.
    Trading him just to trade him is stupid. There's probably not been the right trade yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just stating facts here.
    To be fair, the Spurs had a number of games last season where they should have won by more, but our third unit was god awful and just blew the lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading him just to trade him is stupid. There's probably not been the right trade yet.
    I think the question is if the right trade has already presented itself, and the Spurs still refused it, would you still defend them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy…. I know he has a god awful contract but I kinda wish the spurs could trade Thad young for Davis Bertans lmao with how up tempo were playing now he’d be really fun to watch off the bench with the other reserves

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masterful use of Forbes tonight.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy…. I know he has a god awful contract but I kinda wish the spurs could trade Thad young for Davis Bertans lmao with how up tempo were playing now he’d be really fun to watch off the bench with the other reserves
    I see where you're going with this, but McDermott is already here in that role. I also don't think the rotation could support a fourth bottom-of-the-barrel defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was an exciting game. The players loved it. They had a swagger to them sitting on the sideline in the 4th.

I know the magic suck. That's a given.

But if all young guys take a step forward (which seems to be the case)and you subtract DeRozan and aldridge ( net negatives who destroy spacing and were atrocious on defense) who's to say they cant squeak into the playoffs.

This is going to be a fun season to watch. The defense was swarming and everyone was competing and operating on the same page.

If Derrick stays healthy and confident, devin takes a big step forward and tre jones plays well enough to surpass forbes in the rotation - this trifecta might get them to the playoffs barring major injuries.
    Last edited by rastaspur; 10-20-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he was iced after missing a rotation on a PnR play the magic ran. They got a easy score as a result.. The misses didnt help his cause im sure.

The adjustment for the game however was pop leaving him glued to the bench in the second half. Lonnie and Devin as first subs feasted in that half and we saw the separation the team needed.
    Last edited by Slippy; 10-21-2021 at 06:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the question is if the right trade has already presented itself, and the Spurs still refused it, would you still defend them?
    Why are you making up stupid scenarios?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously never felt this way after a win the last 2 years. Last year even after a big win we knew what we had in our team. This year, no idea. Untapped potential.

even if lose the next 4, at least today was fun lol

but with that said, Spurs will shock some people!

Thread Information