Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unlikely after his 50 foot surgeries.
    We can build him better…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between Jak and Jock, our center-rotation is set. Role players both, but bringing different skills to the table. Its very nice to see. Now if Zollins can come from injury and threaten McDermott's place as the starting 4, the Spurs will have a decent frontcourt to complement a good backcourt. Sadly all of them are third/fourth options in a championship winning team and have little but significant flaws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t realize Zach’s shot profile consisted of him shooting nearly a third of his shots from 3. That’s more frequent than Keldon does it (though Keldon has twice as many attempts). I’m surprised. He’s not Thaddeus-hopeless from 3. He does have hope as a four provided his feet hasn’t killed his career. From tape, he’s very springy and active with his feet. Always taking small, quick hops on defense and when rebounding. Really reminds me of Samanic in that regard. Zach is nowhere near as unicorn as Samanic was, but I wonder now if he really was brought in with the plan of replacing Samanic in mind. It would mean they gave up on Luka much earlier than pre-season.

On paper, Zach would be the perfect fit with Landale. If Zach’s 3 pt shooting is better than advertised, then he wouldn’t be a bad fit with Poeltl either. The Spurs… have a plan, after all?

Not counting my ducks just yet as it’s way too early to tell, but it’s fun to think about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see you guys coming around.....If healthy, Zach will open some eyes! Plays the game the right way and with passion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked this pick up from the start. If he regains Portland levels, he could will make a run for the starting job (and make Jakob an interesting trade chip). More likely, though, he never gets back to that form but something like 80% of it, which is still enough to be the unquestionable first big off the bench on this current squad.

In other news, it does seem like Drew's days are numbered. As much as i like the guy on a human level, i think it's past time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Zach and Poodle can play together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between Jak and Jock, our center-rotation is set. Role players both, but bringing different skills to the table. Its very nice to see. Now if Zollins can come from injury and threaten McDermott's place as the starting 4, the Spurs will have a decent frontcourt to complement a good backcourt. Sadly all of them are third/fourth options in a championship winning team and have little but significant flaws.
    Keldon has been playing the 4. We need complimentary players at the 4/5 who who can play together. That is where synergies are established. Jok isn’t complimentary to Jak he is a subs ute.

If Collins returns to 75-80% of the player he was (physically) before he went down, he still has quite the upside and I suspect will supplant Eubanks and Jok in short order.

We need a real upgrade at the 4 to play with Jak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landale should start.

Poodles ceiling is .500

Landale
    KJ
    Vassel
    DJ
    Primo

off the bench
    IV
    White
    Poodle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked this pick up from the start. If he regains Portland levels, he could will make a run for the starting job (and make Jakob an interesting trade chip). More likely, though, he never gets back to that form but something like 80% of it, which is still enough to be the unquestionable first big off the bench on this current squad.

In other news, it does seem like Drew's days are numbered. As much as i like the guy on a human level, i think it's past time
    yeah, i like the guy and applaud his energy and effort but drew just doesn't have any upside left. he's likely not going to see the floor that much from here on. same goes for thaddeus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, the nice thing about Zollins is if he's on his 3 game upon return, you could conceivably have him play the 4, which would allow KJ to play the (SF) wing player role which he's clearly much better suited for now given his size, and now that his 3pt game has become increasingly lethal and accurate, you aren't losing a spot to a bad shooter.

I might actually reconsider the tank commander unit if you could run out a starting five of Murray, White, KJ, Zollins, and Poeltl. Bench unit would be Tre, Walker, Vassell, McDermott, Young/Landale with Primo able to slide in relatively easily to the 2 or even 3 for either unit. KBD, Young, and dare I say Forbes actually become really nice filler for players having a bad night or for an injury.

*That* team could potentially get hot enough to still find its way into the playoffs, and *maybe* even win a matchup against a Lakers or Clippers or Nuggets or Mavericks.

The only reason I'm even considering getting off the tank crew is that KJ, Walker, and White have really begun to show some versatility (or returned to playing well in White's case) to the extent that when they're *all* playing well, the team is an entirely different beast. Add in the possibilities of what Zollins and Primo could bring you, and decent bench contributors, and you **might** have a team that’s worthy of playing to their full extent.
    Last edited by offset formation; 12-21-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, the nice thing about Zollins is if he's on his 3 game upon return, you could conceivably have him play the 4, which would allow KJ to play the (SF) wing player role which he's clearly much better suited for now given his size, and now that his 3pt game has become increasingly lethal and accurate, you aren't losing a spot to a bad shooter.

I might actually reconsider the tank commander unit if you could run out a starting five of Murray, White, KJ, Zollins, and Poeltl. Bench unit would be Tre, Walker, Vassell, McDermott, Young/Landale with Primo able to slide in relatively easily to the 2 or even 3 for either unit. KBD, Young, and dare I say Forbes actually become really nice filler for players having a bad night or for an injury.

*That* team could potentially get hot enough to still find its way into the playoffs, and *maybe* even win a matchup against a Lakers or Clippers or Nuggets or Mavericks.

The only reason I'm even considering getting off the tank crew is that KJ, Walker, and White have really begun to show some versatility (or returned to playing well in White's case) to the extent that when they're *all* playing well, the team is an entirely different beast. Add in the possibilities of what Zollins and Primo could bring you, and decent bench contributors, and you **might** have a team that’s worthy of playing to their full extent.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the tank crew is that KJ, Walker, and White have really begun to show some versatility (or returned to playing well in White's case) to the extent that when they're *all* playing well, the team is an entirely different beast
    It's hard not to root for the Spurs when the young guys are playing well esp vs good compe ion.... it's also frustrating but funny when Spurs regress when playing bad teams..... I guess that's why some analysts say that the Spurs are a superstar away from being top contenders, someone has to be consistent enough to carry the team (and have the 'superstar status' not to be pulled by Pop) when everyone's sucking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard not to root for the Spurs when the young guys are playing well esp vs good compe ion.... it's also frustrating but funny when Spurs regress when playing bad teams..... I guess that's why some analysts say that the Spurs are a superstar away from being top contenders, someone has to be consistent enough to carry the team (and have the 'superstar status' not to be pulled by Pop) when everyone's sucking

haha are these “spurstalk analysts” who say we are a super star away?

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Z. Collins is ok for spot minutes at the four before the foot injury not planning on significant minutes there. He's not keeping up with modern PF starters for long periods defensively. He and jock have a lot of overlap and similarities. If it was 2000-2010 I would be more ok with either of them there. I would like to see Johnson as a three not a four he doesn't really have the height to be super effective as a four. If we had a star level tweener forward I would say sure call either of them whatever forward and let them play together because you don't let a starter level player ride the pine unless you have a better replacement, but as it is we as the Spurs have a tweener forward who seems more suited to playing the three starting bat four because bas nearly bad I can tell we have no power forward on our roster where that's the natural position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jock is a baller. You can see how smart and active (usually comes together) he is, how well he reads the game even though it's his first experience in the league. He's a better version of Matt Bonner, who we used so successfully in the playoffs for some of our best runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ knows who opens the floor for him or KJ to drive the lanes. The fact he said sooooooo... Lmmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just opening up lanes. Jock is a million times better scoring inside, rebounding, passing, and overall awareness than that scrub Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just opening up lanes. Jock is a million times better scoring inside, rebounding, passing, and overall awareness than that scrub Eubanks.
    Facts. I like Drew... but he's just seriously overplayed. 10mins a game is ok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew’s days in the rotation are numbered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew’s days in the LEAGUE are numbered.
    Fixed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jock is a baller. You can see how smart and active (usually comes together) he is, how well he reads the game even though it's his first experience in the league. He's a better version of Matt Bonner, who we used so successfully in the playoffs for some of our best runs.
    When was Matt Bonner ever successful? He was never successful so he couldn't have been "used" successfully. Guy couldn't do anything when it mattered. How he stayed on an NBA roster all those years...unfathomable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Landale looks good in the minutes the Spurs are giving him. I think the plan all along was to bring him along slowly and have him take a bigger part of the rotation once they traded Young. I prefer him over Drew, though I think Drew has played well for a guy that picked up basketball later in life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL what does 'stop gassing it Mr TD' mean?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i get that it's just g league but i'd ask for a trade if i got no real minutes before the deadline approaches. the dude could get PT somewhere.

Thread Information