Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing Trump s just don't understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a complement to vaccines, small-molecule therapeutic agents are needed to treat or prevent infections by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) and its variants, which cause COVID-19. Affinity selection-mass spectrometry was used for the discovery of botanical ligands to the SARS-CoV-2 e protein. Cannabinoid acids from hemp (Cannabis sativa) were found to be allosteric as well as orthosteric ligands with micromolar affinity for the e protein. In follow-up virus neutralization assays, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid prevented infection of human epithelial cells by a pseudovirus expressing the SARS-CoV-2 e protein and prevented entry of live SARS-CoV-2 into cells. Importantly, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid were equally effective against the SARS-CoV-2 alpha variant B.1.1.7 and the beta variant B.1.351. Orally bioavailable and with a long history of safe human use, these cannabinoids, isolated or in hemp extracts, have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making many $Bs net profit off the pandemic, Pfizer raises the prices of 125 of its drugs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only posting because deniers still exist on ST for some reason:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the poster that bought a dud on twitter and got infected the moment he skipped the booster? lmao

Darwin putting in the work one more time, tbh...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only posting because deniers still exist on ST for some reason:

But only 25% of Americans are fully vaxxed & boostered. That's why Biden won't change the wording of (fully vaxxed) to include the booster. That was me that stated that 3 months ago. Me! Just this morning a doctor on CNN no less echoed my . They are not going to go back to 25% after it took them over 6 months to go from July 2, 21/49.1% to January 16, 22/62%. No way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have to double down now more than ever in belief that once the Omicron is settled we can grab the associated jacks & timbers and start back down. You got to hunker down in the your home, allow no one that can be excluded from entering said home. Just you, the baby and your husband. NO-ONE-ELSE! Stay out of the stores, don't leave the house, let husband do everything outside and forbid him from any extracurricular with the guys. NOTHING! Go to work, come home, stay six feet away from you and baby and mark the days off the calendar.

Don't put anything in that babyPERIOD Once it's in there you can't get it back out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random tweets important now.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just posted a random meme in the other thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to understand why there hasn't been a warp speed effort for stuff like this, but similar is true for old tech, no frills vaccines like Corbevax.

It's almost as if protecting the profitability of 1st generation vaccine makers (i.e., presumably grateful/generous drug companies) trumped public health, but there's a simpler explanation. The all-important political requisite of "returning to normal" frames COVID mitigation as the problem to be overcome, rather than overcoming COVID itself. Converting a manageable public health issue into a background assumption of mass morbidity and death -- like the annual flu and highway deaths -- is the ostensible goal.

Bharat Biotech is among the world’s leading vaccine manufacturers. Its best known product, Covaxin, is authorized to prevent Covid in India and many other countries. But its experimental nasal vaccine may prove to be the real game changer.

Immunizing entire populations with a nasal or oral vaccine would be faster in the middle of a surge than injections, which require skill and time to administer. A nasal vaccine is likely to be more palatable to many (including children) than painful shots, and would cir vent shortages of needles, syringes and other materials.

Intranasal vaccines “can be administered easily in mass immunization campaigns and reduce transmission,” said Krishna Ella, chairman and managing director of Bharat Biotech.

There are at least a dozen other nasal vaccines in development worldwide, some of them now in Phase 3 trials. But Bharat Biotech’s may be the first to become available. In January, the company won approval to begin a Phase 3 trial of the nasal spray in India as a booster for people who have already received two shots of a Covid vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/02/h...e=articleShare
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-04-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the party, Pal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the party, Pal
    What party?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    about in time

Researchers at a South African biotechnology company say they have nearly created a copy of Moderna’s messenger-RNA-based vaccine against COVID-19, without Moderna’s involvement.

The company, Afrigen Biologics and Vaccines, in Cape Town, has made only microlitres of the vaccine, based on data that Moderna used to make its shot. But the achievement is a milestone for a major initiative launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) — a technology transfer hub meant to build capacity for vaccine manufacturing in low- and middle-income countries.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00293-2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't about emergency approval and I've been saying they need to speed up Codagenix intranasal vaccine for a long time.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/codag...110000763.html

Fauci & Co aren't willing to direct funds towards it because it's "older tech" and they only want new toys out of this crisis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're calling dibs on posting about nasal vaccines?

please, keep all the internet glory for yourself

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snake blames Fauci for not funding and then basically puts up an add for a biotech company.

And thats it?
    You left the meat out of your claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Co-administration with a high-fat meal"

Our results suggest that CBD can block SARS-CoV-2 infection at early stages of infection, and CBD administration is associated with a lower risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection in humans. Furthermore, the active compound in patients is likely to be 7-OH-CBD, the same metabolite implicated in CBD treatment of epilepsy. The substantial reduction in SARS-CoV-2 infection risk of approximately an order of magnitude in patients who took FDA-approved CBD highlights the potential efficacy of this drug in combating SARS-CoV-2 infection. Finally, the ability of CBD to inhibit replication of MHV raises the possibility that CBD may have efficacy against new pathogenic viruses arising in the future.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7987002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in more serious news, Canada announces the bank accounts of blockade protesters can be frozen "with no need for court orders"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    in more serious news, Canada announces the bank accounts of blockade protesters can be frozen "with no need for court orders"

Nary different than what we do to Russia when they get into our kitchen. It's third world , but..."I warned 'em!" - MF Biden & his overseer Hussein.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “What we’re seeing coming out of these preclinical studies in animal models is that a boost with a variant vaccine doesn’t really do any better than a boost with the current vaccine,” says David Montefiori, director of the Laboratory for AIDS Vaccine Research and Development at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina, who has been studying COVID-19 vaccines.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00003-y

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information