Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question, would our record be better than it is now with Becky? Would we have a winning record? Or is the team just not that good this season?
    I kinda lean to us just not being very good. Almost every game we play I feel like the opposition has more talent then us lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question, would our record be better than it is now with Becky? Would we have a winning record? Or is the team just not that good this season?
    coaching has been fine. Our record has more to do with Covid and our team not being that deep. Starting line up is good enough to compete, the bench ain't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't notice Lonnie tearing the place up against a bad OKC team. I assume Cacok went back to Austin. Too bad. He could have got some burn tonight to show what he's got.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda lean to us just not being very good. Almost every game we play I feel like the opposition has more talent then us lol
    Yeah, we give up leads in a blink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the loss of Forbes, I'm going with Spurs by 20+ tbh
    Easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I'm really pulling for him here. It's do-or-die time. Dropping the ball in this stretch would most certainly mean he's off the team next season, but the opposite situation could get him an extension.

It's all on him at this point.
    Geez that didn’t go well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Great to see that Derrick White is still in rhythm after H&S Protocols
    2. Why did Eubanks suddenly play again over Landale? Nobody would want him in a trade anyway.
    3. Lonnie sucks bad since most of the main rotation players are back again. What happenend to "going downhill"? He is timid, takes bad mid range jumpers and his three does not fall either ... does not look good. His body language included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie deferred most of the 1st 3 quarters, then tried to be aggressive in the garbage time, but his shots we’re not falling. If not for his block and a couple of steals, he’d earn an F from me. I don’t get it when he runs the ball down, just to stop at the arch to make a pass, not even an assist, just a pass. Compare to Devin whose movements are with purpose and not just floating around and watching. Lonnie needs to get himself involved proactively and not just wait for the pass. I’ve been watching Lonnie more, and he needs to engage more, be aggressive, or he could be gone

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie deferred most of the 1st 3 quarters, then tried to be aggressive in the garbage time, but his shots we’re not falling. If not for his block and a couple of steals, he’d earn an F from me. I don’t get it when he runs the ball down, just to stop at the arch to make a pass, not even an assist, just a pass. Compare to Devin whose movements are with purpose and not just floating around and watching. Lonnie needs to get himself involved proactively and not just wait for the pass. I’ve been watching Lonnie more, and he needs to engage more, be aggressive, or he could be gone
    I think we are more engaged as fans than Lonnie is on what kind of play is required. My last post on this thread pretty much sums up how i felt he approached this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another offensive masterclass for Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I liked about the blow out is that both Murray and White took 6 three pointers. I know they only made one each but the fact that they are willing to take them even when it’s not falling is a great sign. Also the team took 40!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dev has become my new crazy hill to die on. might take a few seasons but Dev is going to be gold once he puts it all together. Just something about how he moves, I think he has a ton of ceiling. Probably nothing too wild but he could become a very reliable guy for the team.

Just since last season he moves so much more fluidly and his 3pt shot is coming together nicely. Kinda always in the right place at the right time. I'm high on Dev's potential rn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Dev is good when he doesn’t handle the ball too much. He should stick to a Ray Allen / Klay type role where he dribbles 1-2 times max and focus on making cuts and tiring his matchup out. Anytime he tries to do more, it doesn’t look good. If he has a wide open lane obviously he should go for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coaching has been fine. Our record has more to do with Covid and our team not being that deep. Starting line up is good enough to compete, the bench ain't.
    I agree yet somehow our bench scoring has been top 10 all year pretty much, as high as 3rd at one point, currently 8th.

So there's a disconnect there somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a game a while back where Dev was covering his man defensively as they moved into a jump shot or something and the way Dev just covered him like a glove through his entire shooting motion was so comprehensive. Dev covered the shooters entire window, in motion, taking any and every inch of daylight the shooter was in motion to create. Really hope he can build off the little glimmers like that. I don't know.

Also love when he slams it down, seems like he is working on finishing offensively inside and out.

But I agree, Dev currently works best reactionary, in the flow of things, more as an opportunistic player than a self starter or lots of ball handling type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree yet somehow our bench scoring has been top 10 all year pretty much, as high as 3rd at one point, currently 8th.

So there's a disconnect there somewhere.
    bench scoring doesn‘t factor in defense. We played all kind of bench line ups, the ones with Eubanks being among the worst. Our starting five is actually a slight net positive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About Devin, it’s great to see him developing as an opportunistic player, in a ball movement offense, and not as an iso player. I think the whole Spurs world got a belly full of iso the last couple seasons. DDR may be the best in the league at iso, but still, it gets tedious to see so much of that. Whatever the record, this current Spurs team is much more fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD is another guy that works best just taking the crumbs that fall to him right now. He moves great and will instinctively find the open corner on those threes that are starting to fall kinda reliably lately. He has pesky size and length and can force opposing teams into lower percentage situations. I mean he seems to fit out there and looks great when he's just in the flow of things.

But KBD is a guy who currently shouldn't be leading with the ball in pretty much any situation other than open court breaks with an advantage. He will call his own number sometimes where I'm like why are you taking that shot? Maybe someday and honestly KBD keeps refining and getting better this season so we may soon be at a place where we fans want him to accept more responsibility initiating. Basically don't really want him creating right now, just taking open looks that are no brainers.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Total Raptor, 497 minute minimum (couldn't toggle to 501)

263) -4.2 Drew Eubanks, Svi Mykhailiuk, Julius Randle

286) -4.3 Bryn Forbes, Talen Horton-Tucker, Cam Reddish

272) -4.7 Killian Hayes, Doug McDermott, Terrence Ross, Austin Rivers

Bottom Five
    279) -5.6 Cam Thomas
    280) -6.0 Daniel Theis, Ziaire Williams
    282) -6.1 Darius Bazley
    283) -8.6 Jalen Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-0 in the post-Forbes era!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dev has become my new crazy hill to die on. might take a few seasons but Dev is going to be gold once he puts it all together. Just something about how he moves, I think he has a ton of ceiling. Probably nothing too wild but he could become a very reliable guy for the team.

Just since last season he moves so much more fluidly and his 3pt shot is coming together nicely. Kinda always in the right place at the right time. I'm high on Dev's potential rn.
    I think he can become Alan Houston once he fully reaches his potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely agree with you. I think Wieskamp can be groomed into a McDermott type player. I think Vassell would be fine moving out there like Danny did back in the day. He just has to cut into open space more often. I'm curious to see what he can add to his game
    Yeah, you may be right about Vassell. To me he has more of the makings of an iso player and spot up shooter a la Kawhi Leonard, rather than someone who can run around off screens like maybe a Klay Thompson or Devin Booker. Although I think we'll all be glad if he's almost as good as any of those guys. But I agree. Sky is the limit with him and his game as is seen in Murray's progression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-0 in the post-Forbes era!
    About to be 2-0 with Durant out tomorrow vs the Nets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About to be 2-0 with Durant out tomorrow vs the Nets
    Is Flatearther playing? If so Nets by double digits.

Thread Information