Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spoilers allowed on this thread.
    I will not be looking at it until i have completed whatever portion of S4 that gets released this Friday.

Btw to my knowledge Netflix has still not said how many eps will be released Friday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ho Lee Chit.

A bunch of plot development in Ep 1.
    If I'm the only one watching I'll wait til any of you view.

Btw they dropped 7 eps of S4 today.

Kind of mixed on the super rapid plot development. Part of me is like good, move it along. Another part is like this is wayy too rushed. The extreme shifts in relationship dynamics on all kinds of fronts.....seems like Netflix should have given them more seasons but it is what it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Finished the season last night. Baby Zeke deserves better. Hopefully he goes to a good home at the beginning of Part 2. Oh and Jonah is a baby back .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So the flash forward car wreck.
    Is that how it ends, and if so who survives?

As to S4, after 1st 2 eps it meanders too often then boom bang boom ends long standing plots wayy too quickly.
    This cousin of the cartell dude, what a ing dooshe and why all the airtime for him?
    Darleen and Frank Cosgrove Sr on again off again partnership ends in 5 seconds after a wayy too forced argument from Frank. WTF.
    Ruth and Jr. make up that easily and 3 seconds given to explain the makeup? Boo.

All in all 5/10 for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished the season last night. Baby Zeke deserves better. Hopefully he goes to a good home at the beginning of Part 2. Oh and Jonah is a baby back .
    Did orginal cartell dooshe have a deal going with the Feds behind Martys back?
    I don't get it, when Marty and Wendy saw him in jail the two top FBI dooshes said "He has been cooperating with us."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Please write the new character dooshebag out ASAP.
    Mel the Private Investigator.
    Annoying and not believable at all how he imposes himself.
    Does an extremely ty Peter Falk as Columbo attempt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why does Ruth want, indeed begs and offers to pay Frank Cosgrove Jr.....
    to NOT kill Darlene?

Because Wyatt is *in love* with Darlene?
    Naw, Ruthie knows how F'd up that is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    going into the final 7 eps:

What is the scheming FBIs exact status with Fat Omar?
    and Javi?

Confusing.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Partially related, I almost hit a deer last Tuesday night driving a little past dusk through the Ozark National Forest on some ty back road around the Missouri / Arkansas border south of Branson heading towards Bentonville, Arkansas so I could take selfies and walk around the Walmart HQ. So I was driving about 55-65 around the curves and had to come to an abrupt halt because there was a deer on the middle of the road that took about 10 seconds of honking and shining my brights on in order to scare away. Jeez.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    &^%$ my smartphone feed had a HEADLINE article on how this ends.

I'd be livid were I the Ozark producers. Oh well, maybe their at ude is they got their money and have long since moved on.

All i can say is maybe it's best like SFS or someone posted.....to temper our expectation level.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    S4 Ep 8

The teasing of Ruth wasting Javi and having it be a fantasy was lame.
    Prepare for much more Javi bullying.
    But then towards the end when Ruth does waste him.....way too fast. Really wanted to see that smug er have to see what was coming.

Side point the 2-3 entire songs of rap was unnecessary.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Done.
    Definitely temper expectations for the ending.
    Ozarks director, writer, as well as Bateman etc saying how great thought and extended time was given to make the ending satisfying.....NO.

Lots of good stuff and kudos to Ozark for getting er done with Covid restrictions.
    Storylines meh some are very interesting in the final 7 but mostly the continued rehash and endless flip flopping of relationships. Tiresome.

Why they spent so much time glorifying that ass Javi and next his newcomer repulsive Mom is beyond me, given all the schpeel about how Ozark wanted "more time and eps to get it right." FFS just the opposite.

A Sopranos type rug pull at the end. Almost as lame as Sopranos ending for those of you were not fans of the grey screen ending.

How Ruth dies is an absolute writing shame. Should have flipped it 100% and had Ruthie dust the bully-coward Javi Mom. Was it written just so they could hype Julia (Ruth) in her new Anna prodution and other crap thus not have to answer to many Will Ruthie and Ozark continue questions? Would not surprise me.

Ditto Wendys abusive, sanctimonious fertilizer father Nathan. Some very interesting writing, explains in large part why Wendy became Wendy. Why so much time given to that phuck only to have her completely figure him and herself out near the end......only to pay him off as some kind of closure. W-T-F?!

Hurry up and catch up some of you. OTOH no rush, trust me. It's average. Kept me watching obviously as i wanted to see how it ended without jumping ahead.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Friday, Jan 21st will always be remembered by me as nothing other than the day Manu got 49 points and the Spurs came back from like 20 down in the 4th quarter to beat the mighty Prime Nash Suns in OT, on the road in Phoenix. the Suns were like 34-4 going into that game iirc.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show was good enough for guilty pleasure status for the first three seasons but I'm struggling to get through this fourth season because it's just straight up bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show was good enough for guilty pleasure status for the first three seasons but I'm struggling to get through this fourth season because it's just straight up bad.
    Equally bad and a struggle to get thru is the showrunner Chris Mundys explanations and talk arounds.
    FWIW:
    ‘Ozark’ Boss Breaks Down That Season 4 Part 2 Finale Ending (thewrap.com)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    finally finished the show. think it was a fun watch overall, though it started requiring more and more suspension of disbelief. the fact that they were so easily to convince the FBI to keep switching who would be head of the cartel was starting to get stupid. from navarro, to javi, to marty, to camila. they seemed way too easy going with that stuff on such short notice. i thought the mystique of the show generally got worse when navarro was introduced as a character. i preferred the shadowy fear of the cartel, with a seemingly powerful guy like Del just being a lieutenant. having navarro be this old sad man having late night heart to heart calls with wendy was pretty lame. maybe they were trying to show that even the people in the cartel have human issues and were trying to make him relatable. i dont care. it didnt make for compelling TV

i dont take issue with how anybody's individual story ended except Mel. i understand he was driven by and obsessed with the case, so i totally understand him coming back at the end. but what made no sense is thinking this family has cartel ties and makes people disappear, then he shows up to their house, waits outside for them, to basically threaten them with incredibly incriminating evidence in the middle of the night... with no witnesses.

why wasn't Maya there somewhere in the distance with a gun? why didnt he tell them he is currently on a video call being live transmitted to law enforcement? why just go there to goad and threaten them instead of just doing what he was going to do, especially if he wasnt there to negotiate for a payout or anything. that was stupidity i cant really forgive. though i do like the ending they gave Jonah in that scene

i still give the show a pretty good 4/5 or so. for people who had another itch for breaking bad, its like a diet version of that, but generally well done. i also dont get why people on this forum werent fans of the acting for Ruth

on to stranger things next. have heard great things about season 4
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-06-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’m having a hard time finishing this. It’s always been a little ridiculous but this last half season is off the rails.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’m having a hard time finishing this. It’s always been a little ridiculous but this last half season is off the rails.
    Aren't you exhausted by the ever changing and yes "ridiculous" alliances?

Ya I'd say take your time but you might want to hurry up and conclude. It blows, especially the final ep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah, Mel the PI showing up there at the end was pretty stupid for such a sharp guy.

The finale felt rushed to me, which makes no sense in a full season where you should have plenty of time.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 4 is just devoid of logic and reason. Besides the story making no sense that is.

Also a misstep they made was adding like 3 or 4 new characters at the last minute. I couldn’t care less about the existing ones, let alone the new ones that showed up.

Were we supposed to care that Jonah blasted either the mom or the washed up cop turned private eye? I loled at the third rate fade to black ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally slogged through this. Pretty ridiculous.

Looking back on the series, they didn't need to go over the top like they did. They had a great cast, good story, in an interesting setting. Seems like they could have just made it all more low key. Battling and then running a cartel, selling opium to a pharm company, controlling national politics...pretty unnecessary.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Season 4 is just devoid of logic and reason. Besides the story making no sense that is.

Also a misstep they made was adding like 3 or 4 new characters at the last minute. I couldn’t care less about the existing ones, let alone the new ones that showed up.

Were we supposed to care that Jonah blasted either the mom or the washed up cop turned private eye? I loled at the third rate fade to black ending.
    he shot mel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Finally slogged through this. Pretty ridiculous.

Looking back on the series, they didn't need to go over the top like they did. They had a great cast, good story, in an interesting setting. Seems like they could have just made it all more low key. Battling and then running a cartel, selling opium to a pharm company, controlling national politics...pretty unnecessary.
    the pharma company going along with everything as long as they did was probably the least believable plot point of the entire series

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the pharma company going along with everything as long as they did was probably the least believable plot point of the entire series
    Agree. That was an insane premise. But it's close. The voting booth thing was nuts. But then again, so was the cartel .
    And the Byrds somehow can pull all three off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Agree. That was an insane premise. But it's close. The voting booth thing was nuts. But then again, so was the cartel .
    And the Byrds somehow can pull all three off.
    well iirc they dont end up playing along with the voting booth thing

Thread Information