Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a great coach or guy he could model his game after at least offensively is Amar'e Stoudemire. I was watching an interview with him today and he talked about playing on a team with young guys to help the players get better and show them how to work on different basketball skills as well as being professional.

I could see him being a great coach for Luka not necessarily a guy we should sign to play but if he didn't mind not getting heavy minutes maybe so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure doesn't seem like a reach imo. Just the fact that he can take bigs off the dribble easily at the 3 point line and finish strong at the rim is huge. He moves well enough where it seems like you can get away playing him right now but also that his upside is really high.
    Great prospect with 19th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like ing that the Spurs should've taken him at 29 and Johnson at 19. All summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a great coach or guy he could model his game after at least offensively is Amar'e Stoudemire. I was watching an interview with him today and he talked about playing on a team with young guys to help the players get better and show them how to work on different basketball skills as well as being professional.

I could see him being a great coach for Luka not necessarily a guy we should sign to play but if he didn't mind not getting heavy minutes maybe so
    Amare Stoudemire is as dumb as a bag of hair. Basketball wise, he started as a rim roller, and eventually acquired a mid range jumper, but he was always dependent on others for his shot. Luka is already past him on offensive skill set/toolbox. He just needs to get stronger, and work on using those tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare Stoudemire is as dumb as a bag of hair. Basketball wise, he started as a rim roller, and eventually acquired a mid range jumper, but he was always dependent on others for his shot. Luka is already past him on offensive skill set/toolbox. He just needs to get stronger, and work on using those tools.
    IDK. He had one really impressive year in New York where he legit carried his team to the playoffs with no one else really doing anything. I think he got an ACL injury after that year and at that age and his dependence on his athleticism, it was over (plus that Carmelo period). It's a bit harsh to call Amare just some all-star. Suns team definitely do not contend without him either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amar'e was also pretty good with face up moves in the low post area.

I agree Luka really needs to get stronger and a little bigger and that will help him immensely. You can see why the front office likes the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know how you can see Stoudamire in Samanic at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK. He had one really impressive year in New York where he legit carried his team to the playoffs with no one else really doing anything. I think he got an ACL injury after that year and at that age and his dependence on his athleticism, it was over. It's a bit harsh to call Amare just some all-star. Suns team definitely do not contend without him either.
    Amare was just like Matrix, a beneficiary of Seven Seconds or Less, who didn't do nearly as well when he moved on. His scoring average dipped 4 points in NY, compared to his Phoenix days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare was just like Matrix, a beneficiary of Seven Seconds or Less, who didn't do nearly as well when he moved on. His scoring average dipped 4 points in NY, compared to his Phoenix days.
    Shawn Marion is another bad example! That dude was called Matrix for a reason. Dude was there best defender. If anything these guys gave STEVE NASH his MVP, not the other way around. Shawn Marion was old by the time he went to the Mavs but was also a key cog with their championship team. Nash should be sharing his MVPs with Amare and Marion. Also, Knicks are where careers went to die. Too bad Amare didn't know this ahead of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amar'e Stoudemire's scoring average when he 1st went to the Knicks didn't drop. Lol. He played great his 1st season but after that he was consistently hurt. His body failed him big time. Dude averaged 25.3 points a game without a great point guard his 1st season in Manhattan. His last season with the Suns he averaged 23.1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to Samanic: Samanic really does remind me of Manu when he shoots and attacks the basket. He also tries fancy passes and turns the ball over. Likes to push the ball up the court too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how you can see Stoudamire in Samanic at all.
    Not a whole lot of similarities but they have some. Amar'e had a really good shooting stroke, athleticism, and could handle the ball solid in the mid / low post area.

Luka has a really good shooting stroke, athleticism, and can handle the ball well. Lol.

Amar'e coming into the league was stronger and more athletic but Luka has better handles and a jumper already. Luka is super aggressive just like Amar'e was offensively but initially Amar'e did his work off pick and rolls and graduated to Pick and pops. Amar'e also grew to have a few go to post moves. Now one area I wouldn't want Luka to copy Amar'e is defense or rebounding. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amar'e Stoudemire's scoring average when he 1st went to the Knicks didn't drop. Lol. He played great his 1st season but after that he was consistently hurt. His body failed him big time. Dude averaged 25.3 points a game without a great point guard his 1st season in Manhattan. His last season with the Suns he averaged 23.1
    I'm talking ALL of his seasons with PHO versus ALL of his seasons in NY. Cherry picking tiny sample sizes to support your point means you don't have one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking ALL of his seasons with PHO versus ALL of his seasons in NY. Cherry picking tiny sample sizes to support your point means you don't have one.
    I just posted after the 1st season with the Knicks he was never the same due to injury. He never played more than 65 games after his 1st season in Manhattan and he only did that once. You are cherry picking stats more than I am because out of the 8 seasons in Phoenix 5 of them he played over 75 games and 6 of them he played over 50 plus games. He was relatively healthy in Phoenix and you know this if you watched the league or even looked at basketball reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IB Jr?

Just lol at posting those kind of pictures to your own account. What happened to just letting the media do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IB Jr?

Just lol at posting those kind of pictures to your own account. What happened to just letting the media do it?
    Derrick White and Lonnie do this too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that before you start ing about Millennials and social media, Samanic is actually Gen Z. He's a zoomer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IB Jr?

Do you know who Getty images is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White and Lonnie do this too...

Wait till he gets a load of trey lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IB Jr?

The 90s were a long time ago, tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since searching for old posts is disabled, I have no choice but to keep reminding folks how bad RC ed this pick up. Brandon Clarke is and will always be the better player. The best shot blocker in the class as well. The Morris/Lyles disaster wouldn’t have happened if we would’ve just got the pick right. Embarrassing that PATFO feels the need to bring in a scrub like Trey Lyles because they know Samanic is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Clarke just made Summer League first team btw, Lonnie second team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since searching for old posts is disabled, I have no choice but to keep reminding folks how bad RC ed this pick up. Brandon Clarke is and will always be the better player. The best shot blocker in the class as well. The Morris/Lyles disaster wouldn’t have happened if we would’ve just got the pick right. Embarrassing that PATFO feels the need to bring in a scrub like Trey Lyles because they know Samanic is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Lonnie would have been first team if he played more. They'd be in the tournament, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since searching for old posts is disabled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information