My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Punch line: the money will come from funds appropriated the TDCJ budget

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at our old condo we generally kept our AC at 78 anyway and it was fine. in our new place the upstairs gets a lot warmer than whatever the thermostat is set at, so we've been dropping it to 75 at nights, and leaving the fan on "on" instead of "auto". the stuffiness is more bothersome than the heat itself, and opening the windows does no good since its always dense, humid air at this time
    You're in Charlottesville right? I just looked it up and your dewpoint is like 49F right now. Last week in San Antonio we were having dewpoints in the high 70s in the middle of the day and mid 70s Monday and Tuesday this week. Sorry man I can't call ~50F dewpoint humid. Seems like comparing apples to oranges the difference in 78 degrees there vs in a place like San Antonio, Austin, or Houston if ~50 degree dewpoint (eg absolute humidity) is standard.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts and prayers to everyone in Texas.

80 degrees here in Virginia and will open windows later tonight when temperature drops to 70s-60s.
    This is a great nights sleep. with rain.
    Nothing better for sweet repose (Thread would have said this)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're in Charlottesville right? I just looked it up and your dewpoint is like 49F right now. Last week in San Antonio we were having dewpoints in the high 70s in the middle of the day and mid 70s Monday and Tuesday this week. Sorry man I can't call ~50F dewpoint humid. Seems like comparing apples to oranges the difference in 78 degrees there vs in a place like San Antonio, Austin, or Houston if ~50 degree dewpoint (eg absolute humidity) is standard.
    you caught us at a good time imo. Last couple weeks were worse. Weather this week has been nice. Cool evenings for once

bear in mind my frame of reference is coming from having lived in LA
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-16-2021 at 10:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

looking back at the first couple weeks of June we regularly had dewpoints in the high 60's or mid-low 70s

https://www.wunderground.com/history...ttesville/KCHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you caught us at a good time imo. Last couple weeks were worse. Weather this week has been nice. Cool evenings for once

bear in mind my frame of reference is coming from having lived in LA
    I see your average lows are in the mid 60s in summer. Ours are in the mid 70s. Dewpoint can't exceed temperature and out here dewpoint = daily low temperature usually in the summer so yeah your humidity is nowhere close to ours so a complete apples to oranges comparison. But I can see how any place would feel humid compared to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

looking back at the first couple weeks of June we regularly had dewpoints in the high 60's or mid-low 70s

https://www.wunderground.com/history...ttesville/KCHO
    Ugh ~75 it really feels disgusting. ~80 though is really nasty. Thankfully it rarely gets to 80 dewpoint here but imagine it does pretty often in Houston, which is a whole other level of humidity that makes San Antonio feel comfortable in comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts and prayers to everyone in Texas.

80 degrees here in Virginia and will open windows later tonight when temperature drops to 70s-60s.
    Then your cousin can sneak in and ya'll can and eat mayonnaise sandwiches before you urinate out the window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure trolling and ankle biting, few topical takes, even fewer threads.

Low quality poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinese are coming for your electricity Texas.

Bitcoin miners exit China, beat a path to the U.S. as crypto climate shifts.

Jiang Zhuoer became a multimillionaire a few years ago by operating some of the most lucrative mines in China. His commodity? Bitcoin.

Jiang had about 300,000 computers humming around-the-clock in 20 specially ventilated warehouses across remote northern China, guzzling enough electricity to power a small city. The sophisticated machines cost hundreds of millions of dollars. The digital currency they minted was worth even more.

Today, Jiang, a fast-talking 36-year-old, is winding down in China. He and several Chinese investors — some who became billionaires off bitcoin mining — are considering shipping their equipment to Texas and Tennessee.

China’s bitcoin moguls are coming to America.

For years, Chinese miners like Jiang were enabled by the glut of cheap — and often dirty — electricity in China, where a massive fleet of coal-fired plants and hydroelectric dams fueled the country’s rise into an industrial behemoth. At their height in 2018, China’s bitcoin prospectors accounted for 74 percent of the world’s bitcoin production....

But the arrival of industrial-scale mining in U.S. communities could raise the same thorny questions about the technology’s environmental impact that have vexed officials in China.

Researchers at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences this year predicted China’s bitcoin mining industry by 2024 could consume more energy than Italy. University of Cambridge researchers estimated that bitcoin miners globally accounted for more energy use than Argentina....

One Chinese miner, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he feared political repercussions in China, said he predicted 60 to 70 percent of his peers would migrate their operations to the United States or Europe.

He said he is building about 50 shipping containers to house his computers to plop onto an oil field in West Texas, and is breaking ground on a 33-megawatt site in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f28_story.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas looks like a third world country sometimes. It was a perfect example of how capitalism is not always beneficial to the population. Some things are better when handled by the public sector.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How a week-old fire at Comanche Peak shut down a nuclear power unit and pressured Texas’ grid

The cause of fire in a main transformer at the plant 60 miles southwest of Dallas remains under investigation.

has been offline for more than a week following a June 7 fire in the main transformer,

putting pressure on the Texas power grid and

contributing to this week’s plea for statewide conservation.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...he-states-grid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas losing out already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans and greedy energy companies not only can't keep the lights on, ratepayers will be paying for the privilege of getting screwed by the same for twenty or thirty years.

Meanwhile, public bonds and money from the RAINY DAY FUND will heal the energy companies.

If only education, healthcare and (other) infrastructure were so lucky after an epochal pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (it would also be also be nice if we fixed the ing grid instead of studying the problem again)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans and greedy energy companies not only can't keep the lights on, ratepayers will be paying for the privilege of getting screwed by the same for twenty or thirty years.
    Meanwhile, public bonds and money from the RAINY DAY FUND will heal the energy companies.

If only education, healthcare and (other) infrastructure were so lucky after an epochal pandemic.
    and an avoidable winter blackout. the problem was known after 2011, and Republicans did bupkis to fix it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are bad at governing. Why do they hate the public and undermine the public good?

Profit before people, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Republicans are bad at governing. Why do they hate the public and undermine the public good?

Profit before people, tbh.
    Though as soon as mother er Biden got his illegitimate ass in there he promptly shut the pipe line, thus (undermine the public good) at a rate of a $1 more a gallon gasoline, just like mother er Hussein did 12 years prior...The democrat credo:::"Make President, installed or not and raise gasoline a $1 a gallon."

Every ing time you get your asses in there. I'll turn that question around to you, Winester:::"Why do they hate the public and undermine the public good?"

it, I'll answer: because they got theirs and don't give 2 s, not 1 ing lick for "the public good" because THEY GOT THEIRS!!! (They) can afford to us over, because THEY GOT THEIRS!!!

Like pullin' in' teeth with you, Winester.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though as soon as mother er Biden got his illegitimate ass in there he promptly shut the pipe line, thus (undermine the public good) at a rate of a $1 more a gallon gasoline, just like mother er Hussein did 12 years prior...The democrat credo:::"Make President, installed or not and raise gasoline a $1 a gallon."

Every ing time you get your asses in there. I'll turn that question around to you, Winester:::"Why do they hate the public and undermine the public good?"

it, I'll answer: because they got theirs and don't give 2 s, not 1 ing lick for "the public good" because THEY GOT THEIRS!!! (They) can afford to us over, because THEY GOT THEIRS!!!

Like pullin' in' teeth with you, Winester.
    everytime we get there, we inherit an economic crisis while you start with good economic growth and f.ck everything up (trump, Bush, Bush Sr, Reagan...)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    everytime we get there, we inherit an economic crisis while you start with good economic growth and f.ck everything up (trump, Bush, Bush Sr, Reagan...)
    You raise gas a dollar a gallon every- ing-timePERIOD

Then CNN finds a Republican, oh, yeah who states:::"I don't like President Obama, I really don't. I did not vote for him, but I am in agreement that he was right in increasing gasoline a dollar a gallon. Thank you."

tee, hee.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You raise gas a dollar a gallon every- ing-timePERIOD

Then CNN finds a Republican, oh, yeah who states:::"I don't like President Obama, I really don't. I did not vote for him, but I am in agreement that he was right in increasing gasoline a dollar a gallon. Thank you."

tee, hee.
    poor thing, your gasoline is a little more expensive ouin ouin ouin.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    poor thing, your gasoline is a little more expensive ouin ouin ouin.
    Every time you get in there, like clockwork.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time you get in there, like clockwork.
    my gas is too high, where are my handouts, ouin, ouin ouin Biden stole the electrion, ouin ouin ouin.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my gas is too high, where are my handouts, ouin, ouin ouin Biden stole the electrion, ouin ouin ouin.
    You forgot to call me [mother er.]

tee, hee.

Thread Information