Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure many people who buy electric cars are against relatively dirty sources of energy in principle, so I don't see the disconnect.
    Not a disconnect just the obliviousness (and, again, irony) of people buy a product thinking they're improving the environment when, in reality, they're making it worse.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a disconnect just the obliviousness (and, again, irony) of people buy a product thinking they're improving the environment when, in reality, they're making it worse.
    What makes you think they are oblivious?

Because someone told you they are?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think they are oblivious?

Because someone told you they are?
    A) I'm not speaking of those who aren't claiming they're improving the environment by driving an electric vehicle.

b) I'm speaking of those that claim they're improving the environment by driving an electric vehicle when, in reality, they're not. And, yes, I've heard this from more than a few electric vehicle owners who lord it over us gas guzzlers that they're greener when, at night, they're plugging their cars into a coal-powered grid.

That's either oblivious or hypocritical.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A) I'm not speaking of those who aren't claiming they're improving the environment by driving an electric vehicle.

b) I'm speaking of those that claim they're improving the environment by driving an electric vehicle when, in reality, they're not. And, yes, I've heard this from more than a few electric vehicle owners who lord it over us gas guzzlers that they're greener when, at night, they're plugging their cars into a coal-powered grid.
    Oh, so it's an envy anecdote thing involving only people who lord things over you.

OK.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Lots dirtier than burning gas"

Simplistically, as always, you leave out the total life polluting cycle of gasoline, from drilling, shipping, refining, delivery. Refineries are HUGE polluters (but mostly untouchable due to you conservatives), and carcinogenic.

And then the Iraq war-for-oil was/is a HUGE source of pollution, and $2T+ out of taxpayers pockets. Oil tankers bringing to USA are about the most polluting transports on earth.

EVs power will gradually switch from coal, nuclear electricity to wind, power, renewable sources, in spite of your conservatives blocking renewables as much as possible, while gasoline/diesel vehicles will be stuck with polluting oil.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-16-2014 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's either oblivious or hypocritical.
    You've got enough strawmen there to cover most of the Midwest in scarecrows.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    "Lots dirtier than burning gas"

Simplistically, as always, you leave out the total life polluting cycle of gasoline, from drilling, shipping, refining, delivery. Refineries are HUGE polluters (but mostly untouchable due to you conservatives), and carcinogenic.
    Are you suggesting coal doesn't have any similar issues?

EVs power will gradually switch from coal, nuclear electricity to wind, power, renewable sources, in spite of your conservatives blocking renewables as much as possible, while gasoline/diesel vehicles will be stuck with polluting oil.
    Who are the conservatives blocking any of this? We conservatives embrace new technology when it isn't subsidized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you suggesting coal doesn't have any similar issues?
    of course not, silly question

[QUOTE]Who are the conservatives blocking any of this? We conservatives embrace new technology when it isn't subsidized.

eg, AZ and FL are actively trying to kill distrubuted solar.

Red states in general have no incentives to stimulate distributed solar and the 1000s of new jobs solar brings. They do everything they can to protect/enable BigOil and BigCoal

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Red states in general have no incentives to stimulate distributed solar and the 1000s of new jobs solar brings. They do everything they can to protect/enable BigOil and BigCoal
    Incentives...

You mean subsidies, right?

What are they suppose to do?

Use tax dollars, that there is never enough of and tax productive citizens more to help create your liberal utopia?

If there isn't profit for the power companies to do this themselves, then why waste tax dollars for your wet dream?

Oh...

Do you have a response for me yet on post 18 and 23?

Since you are a chronic offender of mistruths handed down by your liberal talking point masters, how can anyone take a single word you say seriously, anyway?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, show me the legislation and votes.

I showed you the one that mandated the ethanol usage. HR6 became public law 110-140.

What 2005 legislation are you speaking of? What were the votes?

Put up your shut up your sorry ass.

Who cares what the color of the state is? It was primarily a democrat feel-good stupid vote. Of course the farmers are going to appreciate the guaranteed demand, no matter what color they vote!
    the quote above from: http://www.epa.gov/oms/fuels/renewablefuels/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005

"Who cares what the color of the state is?" politicians?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incentives...

You mean subsidies, right?

What are they suppose to do?

Use tax dollars, that there is never enough of and tax productive citizens more to help create your liberal utopia?

If there isn't profit for the power companies to do this themselves, then why waste tax dollars for your wet dream?

Oh...

Do you have a response for me yet on post 18 and 23?

Since you are a chronic offender of mistruths handed down by your liberal talking point masters, how can anyone take a single word you say seriously, anyway?
    Where is your outrage for big oil getting subsidies for decades? Why is it more unacceptable for a new form of tech that's costly and still developing to get incentives to, you know, DEVELOP that tech than for existing oil companies to continue to make record profits at the expense of the public? You realize that incentives can actually spur innovation forward, yes?

Nah. You save your anger for where the GOP tells you to. Nothing more, nothing less. You rail against renewable like they are the most corrupt form of energy possible while Mum's the ing word about big dirty oil.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    corn ethanol and the ethanol mandate are insane REPUG inventions.

it's not EVs' fault that BigCoal is so dirty, and so resistant to becoming clean. It's REPUG states and AGs fighting EPA pollution rules, not EV mfrs, owners.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post6424873

You were wrong then as you are now. Nothing new...just the same old, tired, asinine talking points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB my cute little stalker pipes up!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    meet slap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup TeyshaBlue... how's the health, tbh?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Where does it say that in the public law? And you believe a wiki quote as fact by a politician?

Quote from the public law I linked please. Not wiki, which is often in error of facts.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sup TeyshaBlue... how's the health, tbh?
    Health is good....thanks for asking. My job is keeping me really busy. Traveling like crazy but Im handling it well. Just don't have alot of time to post these last couple of months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs controlled the WH and the Senate, but the Repugs, in full "we obstruct everything Dem" mode, just couldn't stop the Dems from forcing through the 2005 ethanol fiasco!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health is good....thanks for asking. My job is keeping me really busy. Traveling like crazy but Im handling it well. Just don't have alot of time to post these last couple of months.
    good to hear... busy is good

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Where have you been traveling? Ever make it to Portland?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Where have you been traveling? Ever make it to Portland?
    Nah...mainly south and midwest...lots of trips to Chicago.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Love the northwest tho. Id love to retire in the Puget Sound area tbh.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Love the northwest tho. Id love to retire in the Puget Sound area tbh.
    I know someone with a vacation home on Friday Harbor. Spent a couple weeks there once. I'm happy with a slightly lower la ude than the Seattle area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah...mainly south and midwest...lots of trips to Chicago.
    Ugh. Going in January.

Thread Information