My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap is washed imo
    Please no Milsap the Nuggets couldn't wait to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude needs to be put in a car that JR Smith is driving tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis Bertans back to the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

The Toronto Raptors will begin the 2020-21 NBA season playing in Tampa, Florida.
    11:58am · 20 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks in play for Mills now that they've moved on from Bogdanovic?

A possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks in play for Mills now that they've moved on from Bogdanovic?

A possibility.
    With Ilyasova waived, they don't have the matching salary to make it work financially. They're also low on picks and DiVincenzo doesn't make sense for the Spurs, so they'd have to find a third team for multiple reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Ilyasova waived, they don't have the matching salary to make it work financially. They're also low on picks and DiVincenzo doesn't make sense for the Spurs, so they'd have to find a third team for multiple reasons.
    They could sign and trade Robin Lopez 3 years/39M (13M per) with only the first year guaranteed. It matched Mills salary, SA can let Poeltl walk and preserve cap space and have their one year replacement for Poeltl as well. Then waive Robin next season.

Robin agrees because he was making 5M so he gets a big one year deal and he gets right back into FA next year with more money.

Boom. Done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks looking at D.J. Augustin.

Hmmm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Derrick White and the spurs agree to an extension today y’all think???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly was the other rumored place. I hope Mills gets another shot at a chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Derrick White and the spurs agree to an extension today y’all think???
    I hope they don't have to offer one. They really need to care about their cap space next off-season. Right now, White's hold is projected to be under $11 Million next summer. Any bit he gets in the first year over that eats into that cap space. Worst case, it's money the team could use to pick up salary for picks. Best, it's what they'd need to sign a max free agent. If they get a really good deal, then they probably will be able to take shaving off a couple of million bucks. But anything substantial needs to wait until next summer -- for multiple reasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could sign and trade Robin Lopez 3 years/39M (13M per) with only the first year guaranteed. It matched Mills salary, SA can let Poeltl walk and preserve cap space and have their one year replacement for Poeltl as well. Then waive Robin next season.

Robin agrees because he was making 5M so he gets a big one year deal and he gets right back into FA next year with more money.

Boom. Done.
    What does this accomplish? Is Lopez better than Poeltl? Not even close. Poeltl could be resigned and traded before the deadline (there is some period of time he can’t be dealt) if the Spurs aren’t making a push. And this gives you nothing back for Mills other than potentially some flexibility next summer.

I’d rather just use part of the MLE for a center than give up an asset for RLo.

Or you could give Poeltl and outsized one year deal as long as you find a way to stay under the tax, which would happen if you can move Mills / Gay and not bring back as much salary. Issue is there are so few teams that have contracts in the $8-$10 million range.
    Last edited by cjw; 11-20-2020 at 03:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An underrated potential deal could be G and DeRozan for Harris (and hopefully some compensation). With Green and Curry on the roster, the Sixers no longer have spacing issues, and with Harris gone, they'd actually be in good cap space again. I don't love it for the Spurs, but on paper, getting Harris would make the fit better with the young players.

Murray, Mills, Jones
    Walker, White, Weatherspoon
    Vassell, Johnson, FA
    Harris, Scott, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Eubanks

I think the plan now is for Mills to be traded. It just seems like the sides were heading in opposite directions with Patty sitting out during the bubble and the Jones pick. But if this trade happens, Mills' role is maintained so that Jones has a year to be groomed. DeRozan and Gay get to play for contenders. Morey somehow clears the Sixers from cap while not losing much on the court. The only really shaky party would be the Spurs, who should be wary of giving up that kind of cap space for a non-star. It'd almost necessitate choosing between Murray and White long-term. I do think the Spurs make the playoffs with this unit and could be a playoff team for a couple years even, so it's worth considering, but money would be a concern for the next four years.

EDIT: To be more exact, the deal would probably include Lyles and Scott to make the numbers work for Philly. I've updated the depth chart to reflect that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An underrated potential deal could be G and DeRozan for Harris (and hopefully some compensation). With Green and Curry on the roster, the Sixers no longer have spacing issues, and with Harris gone, they'd actually be in good cap space again. I don't love it for the Spurs, but on paper, getting Harris would make the fit better with the young players.

Murray, Mills, Jones
    Vassell, Johnson, FA
    Harris, Lyles, Samanic

I think the plan now is for Mills to be traded. It just seems like the sides were heading in opposite directions with Patty sitting out during the bubble and the Jones pick. But if this trade happens, Mills' role is maintained so that Jones has a year to be groomed. DeRozan and Gay get to play for contenders. Morey somehow clears the Sixers from cap while not losing much on the court. The only really shaky party would be the Spurs, who should be wary of giving up that kind of cap space for a non-star. It'd almost necessitate choosing between Murray and White long-term. I do think the Spurs make the playoffs with this unit and could be a playoff team for a couple years even, so it's worth considering, but money would be a concern for the next four years.
    off, Chinook. Vassell won't be starting over Keldon. Are you kidding me?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, Mills, Jones
    Vassell, Johnson, FA
    Harris, Lyles, Samanic

I really hope we don't do that... I'd rather rather make a play for Hayward (S&T) or Paul George than absorb Harris for an asset... Hayward or PG I think we can move next summer if need be...I'm not sure Harris is movable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    off, Chinook. Vassell won't be starting over Keldon. Are you kidding me?!
    I don't know if he will or won't. I do think people might be overlooking how high of a pick Vassell is and how SA apparently liked him despite picking that high. I think there's a chance that Vassell is going to only guy penciled into the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time believing Pop would start a rookie. Especially given the guards we have on the roster already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he will or won't. I do think people might be overlooking how high of a pick Vassell is and how SA apparently liked him despite picking that high. I think there's a chance that Vassell is going to only guy penciled into the starting lineup.
    And so it begins... The overrating of Devin.

Let the zombie floodgates burst open.

High draft pick or not, you play the best players.

I guess Keldon still has to earn people's respect around here. He would have been a top 10 draft pick in this draft, knowing what we know (most compe ive player, scores efficiently, extreme work ethic easily seen by the improvement to his body)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kanter getting a first rounder now?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Below are Spurs rated by 2019-2020 FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR, then assigned 2019-2020 NBA salary for that rank.

038 $27,093,017 Derrick White (Hassan Whiteside's salary)
    050 $21,000,000 Patty Mills (Victor Oladipo)
    077 $15,625,000 Jakob Poeltl (Eric Bledsoe)
    089 $14,041,096 DeMar DeRozan (Mason Plumlee)
    122 $10,500,000 LaMarcus Aldridge (Jeremy Lamb)
    150 $ 8,156,500 Rudy Gay (Cristiano Felicio)
    154 $ 8,000,000 Dejounte Murray (Elfrid Payton)
    239 $ 3,831,840 Keldon Johnson (P.J. Washington)
    291 $ 2,564,753 Trey Lyles (Nene Hilario)
    325 $ 2,000,000 Luka Samanic (Edmond Summer)
    359 $ 1,645,357 Tyler Zeller (Jordan McRae)
    391 $ 1,620,564 Chimezie Metu (Vince Carter)
    430 $ 1,416,852 Drew Eubanks (De'Anthony Melton)
    452 $ 1,416,852 Marco Belinelli (Yante Maten)
    452 $ 1,416,852 Lonnie Walker (Yante Maten)
    452 $ 1,416,852 Quindarry Weatherspoon (Yante Maten)
    479 $ 903,111 Bryn Forbes (David Nwaba)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kanter getting a first rounder now?
    So you're telling me there's a chance???? (To get Wiseman)

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of these trade dreams feel so masochistic to me. I have accepted nothing is happening, so will be pleasantly surprised if anything ever does happen.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Below are Spurs 2019-2020 salaries, matched by FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR that "earned" that Spur's salary.

025 $27,739,975 DeMar DeRozan (Ivica Zuban earned DeRozan's salary)
    040 $26,000,000 LaMarcus Aldridge (Ben Simmons)
    086 $14,500,000 Rudy Gay (Malcom Brogdon)
    106 $12,428,571 Patty Mills (Gorgui Dieng)
    188 $ 5,846,154 Marco Belinelli (Robert Williams III)
    194 $ 5,500,000 Trey Lyles (D'Angelo Russell)
    242 $ 3,754,886 Jakob Poeltl (Yogi Ferrell)
    275 $ 2,875,000 Bryn Forbes (Kyle Kuzma)
    280 $ 2,689,920 Luka Samanic (Sterling Brown)
    281 $ 2,689,920 Lonniew Walker IV (Wilson Chandler)
    295 $ 2,500,000 Manu Ginobili (Dante Exum)
    307 $ 2,321,735 Dejounte Murray (Frank Ntilikina)
    333 $ 1,950,600 Keldon Johnson (Dusty Hannahs)
    334 $ 1,948,080 Derrick White (Dewan Hernandez)
    434 $ 1,416,852 Chimezie Metu (Jarrell Brantley)
    459 $ 1,378,242 Brandon Paul (Bruno Fernando)
    468 $ 1,349,383 Ben Moore (Lauri Markkenen)
    513 $ 512,721 DeMarre Carroll (Harry Giles III)
    523 $ 245,686 Tyler Zeller (Kevin Knox II)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DeMar, Metu to Orlando for AG, Bamba. If Poeltl costs too much, let him walk. Season goes well, trade LMA before trade deadline.

DW - PM - TJ
    DJM - LW4 - QW
    AG - KJ - DV
    LMA - RG - LS
    TL - MB - DE

Thread Information