Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You guys hear about this? Apparently KSAT doesn't have a contract with TimeWarner (They have one with every other carrier) and because of this there's a possibility KSAT will no longer be carried by Time Warner.

I hate to have to add an antenna for one damn channel...

Why is Time Warner always a pain in the ass? We already had the NFL Network thing where we couldn't watch the Cowboys, they are slow to add HDTV channels, and now this?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Hmmm, perfect time to put this link up.

http://www.ksatcommunity.com/

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    time warner sucks so ing much.

my favorite is how everyone else has ing wgn in hd. time warner doesnt. no wonder you dont have to pay for HD on their . They dont carry anything!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    Do WOAI and KENS have contracts with TWC? I honestly don't know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do WOAI and KENS have contracts with TWC? I honestly don't know.
    You almost have to assume they do, but the KSAT page that talks about it is very vague, at best...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This blows! KSAT's all we've ever watched. But yea, I have noticed that the other news are in HD already and KSAT has yet to do so. I'm not fixing to add damn rabbit ears to my HD TV's either cause that's just stupid. Does anyone have AT&T Uverse? I was looking at the offerings not too long ago and it seems pretty damn cool. I think you get more for your money with them. Only thing that I really like about TWC is the On Demand stuff, which I don't think anyone else offers anything like.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This blows! KSAT's all we've ever watched. But yea, I have noticed that the other news are in HD already and KSAT has yet to do so. I'm not fixing to add damn rabbit ears to my HD TV's either cause that's just stupid. Does anyone have AT&T Uverse? I was looking at the offerings not too long ago and it seems pretty damn cool. I think you get more for your money with them. Only thing that I really like about TWC is the On Demand stuff, which I don't think anyone else offers anything like.
    AT&T Uverse is really cool. Lots of great features, channels and on demand programing. Plus you can connect everything in your house to the internet (wireless I believe).

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it really Time Warner doing the dumping?
    Why aren't the other networks having this issue with Time Warner?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it really Time Warner doing the dumping?
    Why aren't the other networks having this issue with Time Warner?
    No, did I make it sound that way?

Sex Panther user- 60% of the time, it works every time. Sausage's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Time Warner. How can you not have one of the three major television networks under contract? That's ridiculous.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just when I was thinking about going back to Time Warner......then I hear about this! I'm sure KSAT is wanting something Time Warner doesn't want to do (like add LATV to regular programming), but to not carry one of the major channels?? That's ridiculous! Time Warner doesn't give a about their customers or P.R.

I have AT&T U-Verse. I am very happy with it overall, although the 'cable' box does freeze up occasionally. It's basically internet TV, so all TVs need receivers. WiFi is no charge as part of the internet package. You have to sign up for internet & TV to get U-Verse. One cool feature is the ability to set your DVR to record a specific show thru the internet home page.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I JUST switched back to TW and this pops up. I'll stick with TW anyway but mother .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I'm sure things will all work out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    www.grandecom.com

I work here.... might be a good change for you....

BTW we just added NFL Network HD

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Actually, as I remember the original cable legislation they have to give the local channels (at least above a certain viewership threshold) free access. I suspect this is KSAT wanting something above and beyond access and trying to pressure Time Warner.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    W/E - I just better have KSAT by the time LOST comes back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Son of a ! Thx for reminding me about that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Sounds like you'd be LOST without it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wouldn't worry about it guys...KSAT can't afford to boycott Time Warner...their Nielson's would drop through the floor along with their local ad rates.

Time Warner would just carry another ABC affiliate from another town so you could still get ABC programming...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i knew i should have gone with the dish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    In response to your question PM5K yes. I do love the boobs in your signature. I enjoy the way they are almost spilling out. Any other questions?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wouldn't worry about it guys...KSAT can't afford to boycott Time Warner...their Nielson's would drop through the floor along with their local ad rates.

Time Warner would just carry another ABC affiliate from another town so you could still get ABC programming...
    Great.....we'll get an ABC affiliate from Iowa or something. Boring!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    KSAT is bluffing with a pair of 2's. This will go right down to the wire and KSAT will fold.

nothing to worry about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    I have AT&T U-Verse. I am very happy with it overall, although the 'cable' box does freeze up occasionally. It's basically internet TV, so all TVs need receivers. WiFi is no charge as part of the internet package. You have to sign up for internet & TV to get U-Verse. One cool feature is the ability to set your DVR to record a specific show thru the internet home page.
    We just got uVerse installed yesterday. So far it's pretty cool. Along with the TV and internet we went ahead and got the basic phone package which includes 1000 mins/month of long distance (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, USVI) as well as a bucketload of features like caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, 'find me', voice mail, etc. etc. Another neat thing is you can check to see who called you from any browser and even play back and respond to messages. For $5 a month more you can get unlimited long distance. International calls are extra but seem reasonable to most places.

The *bad* thing about the phone, especially if you don't have a cell, is that if the power goes out, so does the phone. They give you a small UPS that is supposed to be able to power the phone for about four hours.
    Oh, you also have to set up the gateway in a location that has handy access to both a cable outlet and a phone jack. In our place that meant putting it in the guest bedroom, but the wifi signal is plenty strong throughout the house.

Thread Information