Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ceiling is Wiley Peck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then again, if he's got no head for the game and plays scared, he probably doesn't have a place in the NBA.
    Pop doesn't want Walker to play scared like he's about to get pulled.

Pop wants Walker to hate him and think he's got nothing to lose and then play that way.

And then after his situation is secure, continue to draw on that feeling and continue to play that way.

Don't despair, it's a system. Pop doesn't care how Walker plays now or whether they lose a game early on. Pop only cares about how Walker plays two years from now (if he makes it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at Matisse Thybulle so far -- great D but shooting an astounding 24.1% from the field.
    His DBPM is 9+. His OBPM is like -4.5. Still a very servicable 4.5 BPM. If he could even get just a serviceable jump shot, and raise his FG% to a not very amazing 40%, he'd be super valuable. He was getting like 3 steals and a block and a half in about 20 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 assist in 3 games, sorry defense and was a chucker.
    Weird - he's supposed to be a Point Guard too?

The Sniffers riding with their boy Beli

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird - he's supposed to be a Point Guard too?

The Sniffers riding with their boy Beli
    I don't care for Beli he's a scrub too. 2 assist in 3 games is pathetic for a SG there are centers that had more assist than that. Freaking scub sniffers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is Pop ego to play youngs and lose a season to develop players.

US Team was an example of Pop inability to work with youngs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see him play more than 2 minutes and not be yanked for any ing mistake. Poor kid is playing on egg s s, scared to make a mistake; all the while that Italian scrub can up how ever he wants and play 18 minutes
    this is the coaching model that pop inherited from larry brown. it has proven success but mostly in the past. robinson, elliott, duncan, parker and even leonard all benefited from it, but it seems to failing with walker. but it would take a larger sample size to determine if this style of coaching is now antiquated or if there are just some players who are flat in the front, regardless. walker, at the moment, does look scared. but he also looks lost. so hard to say if it's him, pop or both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a great athlete and seems like a great guy, but he needs a lot of work. That said, he's really not showing much in his minutes to unseat other players. He frankly doesn't look like an NBA player at this moment.

Seems like more time in Austin would do him good. He's only 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a great athlete and seems like a great guy, but he needs a lot of work. That said, he's really not showing much in his minutes to unseat other players. He frankly doesn't look like an NBA player at this moment.

Needs time on the court with the big boys tbh. He makes some stupid ass mistakes but he's playing on eggs s and I can tell his confidence is shook.

I don't think G League is gonna do him much good, he needs 10-15 minutes a night and not to be pulled for every single mistake.

It's not like the Spurs badly need Beli out there when he's shooting 18% from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't Lonnie come in and dominate in his 3 minute stints?

The guy that tore Wombat a new asshole yesterday and is averaging 28 PPG had like a 35 FG%, 20 3PT% for the first half of his rookie season. Took him half a season to figure it out and has been been balling since. Y'all are the same fools that were ready to give up on Forbes because he struggled his first playoff series. That gave up on Bert because he struggled his first playoffs too. That questioned Nephew on his way to supers om because he had some missteps along the way (Matt Barnes, Andre Roberson).

It's a learning process. Give Lonnie minutes and he'll get there. What heights is TBD but it'll be be higher than Marco Scrubinelli that's for ing sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His minutes? What minutes? I really don't get how anybody can think a 5 minute stint and a 2 minute stint, like 3 games apart is anything close to a fair shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiley now he could jump out of the gym.
    Never understood how a superior athlete like him can’t make a significant mark on the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't Lonnie come in and dominate in his 3 minute stints?

The guy that tore Wombat a new asshole yesterday and is averaging 28 PPG had like a 35 FG%, 20 3PT% for the first half of his rookie season. Took him half a season to figure it out and has been been balling since. Y'all are the same fools that were ready to give up on Forbes because he struggled his first playoff series. That gave up on Bert because he struggled his first playoffs too. That questioned Nephew on his way to supers om because he had some missteps along the way (Matt Barnes, Andre Roberson).

It's a learning process. Give Lonnie minutes and he'll get there. What heights is TBD but it'll be be higher than Marco Scrubinelli that's for ing sure.

this

finally -someone gets it

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is Pop ego to play youngs and lose a season to develop players.

US Team was an example of Pop inability to work with youngs.
    That's an excellent point. Didn't fox leave early just before WC's. Pop would of thought awesome, this ain so bad my whipping boy Dwhite ready to take over

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this

finally -someone gets it
    Most get this. Pop has it already worked out. I'n his head Bellli is the white stiff to set the example to all his younger players and the floor spacer. The designated spacers are Patty and Bryn also

The priority for pop is roles over talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His man defense has looked good when he's engaged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's really not going to see minutes then they should send him to G-league. Not going to get better sitting on bench. Besides he only has played a partial year in college and missed the beginning in Austin last season. Walker and Metu should be in Austin, the two way players have more experience than those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks announcers (League Pass...) were praising how Trae Young was given the license to go something like 0-6 or 0-9 or whatever in the beginning of the game and shoot his way out of the slump. FWIW.

Thread Information