Page 912 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 41281286290290890991091191291391491591692296210121412 ... LastLast
Results 22,776 to 22,800 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    march 2020 "right now, people shouldnt be walking around with masks"

"you should think of healthcare providers needing them, and people being ill"

"it can lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it"

but of course, darrin knows that time stood still after march 2020 so no cir stances ever changed, nor did recommendations. seriously darrin, why do you keep going back to these march 2020 clips when you know better? im actually curious because i dont want to believe that you're as braindead as derp (or , even DMC who does the same thing)
    Yeah, that's why I asked what we were supposed to get from that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Faucis no mask advice most likely cost american lives. Theres no way to spin that, Nancy
    Nobody is spinning that. Unfortunately, due to the administration's complete bungling of obtaining proper PPE for healthcare workers, the question was which american lives had to be prioritized, healthcare workers or regular people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring further explanation from Karrin the only thing we can get from that is he deserves to be lumped in with derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you send mixed messages (and I'm being generous with that description), you lose credibility.

Fauci has done the same with respect to herd immunity thresholds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is spinning that. Unfortunately, due to the administration's complete bungling of obtaining proper PPE for healthcare workers, the question was which american lives had to be prioritized, healthcare workers or regular people.
    Fauci should have said that no citizens should wear n95 masks as its not necessary. But its ok or even encouraged to wear face coverings.

He didnt.

He actually said covering your face with anything is actually WORSE

that lying little midget .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you send mixed messages (and I'm being generous with that description), you lose credibility.

Fauci has done the same with respect to herd immunity thresholds

They're not mixed messages, IMO. In March 2020, the priority for masks was for healthcare workers. When that situation was taken care of, then we can start recommending for everyone.

Exactly the same thing with this. As new information is available, then the reasonable thing is to update your outlook on things.

I much rather stick with a doctor that keeps up with the latest developments than somebody stuck to old because faith or dogma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not mixed messages, IMO. In March 2020, the priority for masks was for healthcare workers. When that situation was taken care of, then we can start recommending for everyone.

Exactly the same thing with this. As new information is available, then the reasonable thing is to update your outlook on things.

I much rather stick with a doctor that keeps up with the latest developments than somebody stuck to old because faith or dogma.
    Bull

No healthcare workers needed a cloth or paper mask. Yet Fauci said they are worse than no mask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci should have said that no citizens should wear n95 masks as its not necessary. But its ok or even encouraged to wear face coverings.

He didnt.

He actually said covering your face with anything is actually WORSE

that lying little midget .
    He specifically said 'Right now' and specifically mentioned the prioritization of masks for healthcare workers.

I also make no claims he is ever and forever right, either. But it's important to understand the context on when he was saying things. Back then in March '20, we didn't even know with certainty how the virus spread.

To be fair to him, nobody takes that into account when they re-post old videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull

No healthcare workers needed a cloth or paper mask. Yet Fauci said they are worse than no mask
    of course they did

Who can forget NY handing out Yankees ponchos as PPE back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Navalny? I also dont post on pro Guaido protests in Venezuela

I dont care about protests pro CIA assets tbqh

I did hear the US embassy posted protest maps and paths and locations in Moscow

I can just imagine if Russian embassy had done that on January 6
    does the CIA have an outpost in Yakutsk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course they did

Who can forget NY handing out Yankees ponchos as PPE back then.

And you are saying that had Fauci said everyon3 should wearbmasks those ponchos would not have been available to the doctors??

No.

Fauci lied and cost lives. And he did not need to lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you are saying that had Fauci said everyon3 should wearbmasks those ponchos would not have been available to the doctors??

No.
    No, I'm saying there was a general shortage of PPE, including masks, for healthcare personnel at the time.

It was so damn terrible, by April (a month after that video), FEMA was stealing masks from Europe, and even our own states and counties.

Fauci lied and cost lives. And he did not need to lie.
    Never said he did not. He was simply in the terrible position of having to pick between the life of regular americans or healthcare workers, and he wisely picked the latter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm saying there was a general shortage of PPE, including masks, for healthcare personnel at the time.

It was so damn terrible, by April (a month after that video), FEMA was stealing masks from Europe, and even our own states and counties.

Never said he did not. He was simply in the terrible position of having to pick between the life of regular americans or healthcare workers, and he wisely picked the latter.
    Fauci was in a bad position through no fault of his own, even without Trash pressuing to actually LIE

He couldn't say "Everybody should wear masks but health care workers the most" would have caused the public to make run on masks.

peanut-gallery, ankle-biting ST assholes with no responsibility for anything accuse Fauci of lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You keep saying he picked to save healthcare workers lives by telling everyone masks dont work. Thats just not true. The paper masks, bandanas, cloth masks that americans use have nothing to do with the PPE masks that healthcare workers use.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could have just said regular americans should make cloth masks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying he picked to save healthcare workers lives by telling everyone masks dont work. Thats just not true. The paper masks, bandanas, cloth masks that americans use have nothing to do with the PPE masks that healthcare workers use.
    Bandanas and cloth masks are not recommended either, afaik. Last time I was at the doctor's office, they handed wifey a paper mask to replace/put on top of her cloth mask.

Could he had said to wear paper masks? sure. But at the time everyone was digging for N95s, coz nobody knew just how bad this thing was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could have just said regular americans should make cloth masks.
    Bingo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bandanas and cloth masks are not recommended either, afaik. Last time I was at the doctor's office, they handed wifey a paper mask to replace/put on top of her cloth mask.

Could he had said to wear paper masks? sure. But at the time everyone was digging for N95s, coz nobody knew just how bad this thing was.
    Incorrect.

Any face covering is recommended over no covering.

N95s became unavailable to public pretty early on. Rightfully so. The people that were getting or trying to get n95s knew Fauci was lying. But again they became unavailable so noone could get them except doctors.

So again. There was absolutely no reason for Fauci to lie and say face coverings are bad. He killed countless ppl with that lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incorrect.

Any face covering is recommended over no covering.

N95s became unavailable to public pretty early on. Rightfully so. The people that were getting or trying to get n95s knew Fauci was lying. But again they became unavailable so noone could get them except doctors.

So again. There was absolutely no reason for Fauci to lie and say face coverings are bad. He killed countless ppl with that lie.

Except he didn't say they were bad, not in that video anyways. He said, as SR21 noted, "right now, people shouldnt be walking around with masks" and "you should think of healthcare providers needing them, and people being ill".

Again, easy to move the goalposts, but what he said at the time, at least in that video, wasn't anything outrageous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except he didn't say they were bad, not in that video anyways. He said, as SR21 noted, "right now, people shouldnt be walking around with masks" and "you should think of healthcare providers needing them, and people being ill".

Again, easy to move the goalposts, but what he said at the time, at least in that video, wasn't anything outrageous.
    Well he lied. He admitted he lied. Either that or hes a stupid who didnt understand the masks should be worn in public so infected dont spread the virus.

"People should not be wearing masks. It gives them a false sense of security and they are gonna fiddle and touch their face" those words actually came.out of that face

stupid ing moron

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No results found for "People should not be wearing masks. It gives them a false sense of security and they are gonna fiddle and touch their face".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No results found for "People should not be wearing masks. It gives them a false sense of security and they are gonna fiddle and touch their face".
    In the clip, Dr Fauci says “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN26T2TR

Lol chump

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the clip, Dr Fauci says “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN26T2TR

Lol chump
    Right, don't use quotation marks if you're not going to post a quote.

Fact check: Outdated video of Fauci saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, don't use quotation marks if you're not going to post a quote.

Fact check: Outdated video of Fauci saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask”
    Im sorry this is happening to you

Thread Information