Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not traded demar can opt in, tbh. Only ElNono wants this.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 12-17-2019 at 10:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went from the don't-extend-DeRozan-unless-it's-a-huge-bargain bandwagon to the -no-I-don't-care-about-the-price-tag-don't-extend-DeRozan bandwagon, FWIW.
    Are you jumping to the trade him right now for cheez its bandwagon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3) DeRozan's moping is getting out of hand. Tonight, he was moping all throughout the game and then when he was on the bench for the final 4:46, he was barely watching the game. He was sitting on the end of the bench showing no emotion and not even attempting to watch when his teammates were standing up in front of him. I'm officially on the don't-extend-DeRozan-at-any-price bandwagon.
    DeRozan? Can't live with him, can't live without him.

The Spurs may not think of DeRozan as the future, but they fear the present enough to hesitate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exstatic be like... et tu, timvp?
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-17-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thing derozan got benched and dejounte-white played together so we can chalk up another L for the tank

oh and forbes omg srsly send his ass to china

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of a utude, its not so much DeMar and LMA are bad, as they are normal NBA stars. We've all just been so spoiled by twenty plus years of selfless players like Timmy, Tony and Manu, etc. We're just dealing with norm, not the exception now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one can only hope this is the beginning of the end for DD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DDR will demand a trade. Which is a good thing since that’s probably the only way the FO wouldn’t extend him. But it’s not all good...he’ll demand a trade to a place that he wants to go to. Not sure where he’d want to go to besides Detroit to go play for Casey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was interesting that murray on harden and white on westbrook ending up being the better scenario for us. murray's length helps bother harden on his step back shots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was interesting that murray on harden and white on westbrook ending up being the better scenario for us. murray's length helps bother harden on his step back shots
    i thought murray did as a good a job on harden as one could ask for; he was pretty solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's clear DeMar and LMA need to go... And as fans, we want these things expedited because we just want to see our team be successful. However, we simply don't know what goes on behind closed doors and they're probably waiting on a couple dominoes to fall before they act to maximize the potential of trades. My hope is that it's sooner rather than later. Like everyone, I'm tired of this loser ball from players who have low basketball IQ (Rudy, DeMar, LMA, sometimes Lonnie & DJ but they're still green). Beli doesn't even play dumb like these four, but he has lost his special skill of being a dead eye shooter...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of a utude, its not so much DeMar and LMA are bad, as they are normal NBA stars. We've all just been so spoiled by twenty plus years of selfless players like Timmy, Tony and Manu, etc. We're just dealing with norm, not the exception now.
    That’s a good point. The difference is you normally get wins for that type of at ude which is what makes it palatable. Winning 38% ( ) changes the equation on what you put up with and why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the chance of extension is low. By now the Spurs know his value. They can tell him,. Since he isn't working out, they won't extend him, but his best chance of getting to where he wants to be is to opt out and if he opts in be traded.

The Spurs were merciless to Danny Green when he opted in to a contract the Spurs didn't want him to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of them is going to demand a trade. Demar is showing outward frustration with Pop and the Spurs while LMA is showing his frustration with his play. The dude hasn't looked engaged all season and is checked out on the court. I don't know which one will happen first but I expect one of them to be gone soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this. at this. These cancers are anything but stars. Stars lead their teams to an above .500 record--these guys are stat padders who just happened to be a little better than the player on the teams they were on..no surprise both teams got better after they got rid of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about we keep Derozan and LA this year and just demote Marco and Forbes. That alone should get us to the 8th seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about we keep Derozan and LA this year ...
    The Spurs are not going to be able to move those stinkin' contracts, unless Brian Wright is more of a whiz than anybody can reasonably expect.

... and just demote Marco and Forbes. ...
    As long as they're on the roster, Pop will play them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The second half was a total up by Pop. Playing a Marco-Bryn-Demar lineup and hope to defend your lead? Laughable. Running plays for Bryn to close the game even though it was painfully obvious that he was equally as cold in the second half as he was hot in the first? What the ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way... That game, Lonnie was also timid and making mistakes the first half. But Pop, maybe in an act of random synapsis from those old neurons, decided to keep him in the game - and what's more, players actually decided to feed him a few shots to get him in rhythm. The results were obvious. If you dare - go watch last night's game again... How many plays did the Spurs make that were designed to get LMA an open/semi contested shot? And how many did they design for Lonnie? The guy literally has to call his own number if he gets the ball, because it ain't coming to him any other way. Just sad.

And by the way, to that stupid ass poster who was saying DeMar isn't hurting the team... I'm hanging that up on the "awful ing takes" wall, alongside Monty's re ed judgment of Lonnie. Well done tbh
    Put Walker in pick & rolls and he's elite at scoring coming off screens. He did that in summer league all day. He's just not getting any sets run for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...ouston-rockets
    "Derrick White must have felt a bit of confusion late in the Spurs’ Monday night loss to the Rockets. After spending almost all of the last year of basketball as the best perimeter defender on the floor, with a little over 4 minutes to go Derrick was suddenly and quite con uously targeted for a switch. "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans probably ha[s] more trade value than DeRozan.
    this is true tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...ouston-rockets
    "Derrick White must have felt a bit of confusion late in the Spurs’ Monday night loss to the Rockets. After spending almost all of the last year of basketball as the best perimeter defender on the floor, with a little over 4 minutes to go Derrick was suddenly and quite con uously targeted for a switch. "
    Murray really showed his defensive chops this game. I expect him to be the best perimeter defender in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team leader's suck and so is the coaching staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah DD and LMA - at the very least DeMar - need to go. I'll never understand why people here want us to limp into the playoffs with these softies just to get embarrassed by our rival Lakers, or Kawhi's Clippers. Some stupid slurpers here, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah DD and LMA - at the very least DeMar - need to go. I'll never understand why people here want us to limp into the playoffs with these softies just to get embarrassed by our rival Lakers, or Kawhi's Clippers. Some stupid slurpers here, tbh.
    No worries. The spurs won't get embarrassed by those teams. This team ain't making the playoffs.

Thread Information