Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Is Spurs trying to move up the draft or get another lottery pick? To get Duarte also? Tbh I'd rather like Duarte starting at SG and Derrick playing the PG. Tre can be a real dependable backup PG.

Or package DJ with Demar to get Simmons?

Whatever it is I hope the PATFO do something big this offseason.. I swear I'm ready to switch to soccer
    I’m definitely not expecting any flurry of activity nor verifying any rumors, just adding my two cents to what happened before.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs made moves to clear the deck for white and murray and they are going to turn around and trade one of them after 1 season

White is the only off the dribble 3 point shooter we have under contract right now, so unless we are trading him for a guard who does that better how does that benefit the spurs ?

Dejounte is a great defender and his perimeter shooting has gotten better every year, plus he is on a cheap deal ? Who exactly are the spurs trying to trade him for ?

Trading either one of these players creates a sizeable vacuum on this team that the spurs would then have to fill by finding a way to get the exact type of player they just traded...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that neither will be traded.
    This is a decoy to trade the other players in the roster like LW4, Poeltl or even Patty through a sign and trade.
    I think that is a good possibility. Like the car on the dealer that is the hook, but when you get inside and ask the prize and it turns out to be too high, the seller asks you can I instead interest you in a LW4 or a Samanic instead? It’s possible. I don’t think the Spurs would be dishonest in dangling the bait, but the price is likely to be very high, enough that other franchises will likely be unwilling to pay it, thus the other cars in the dealership might be the ones traded instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like both players. It would have to be a pretty damn good trade. Beyond those two and Keldon I don't know that we have much that other teams would covet enough to do a deal.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine trading away either of two talented young players on cheap contracts while refusing in prior seasons to dump veterans in a delusional hope of making the playoffs

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine trading away either of two talented young players on cheap contracts while refusing in prior seasons to dump veterans in a delusional hope of making the playoffs
    It is sort of hilarious, but I don't see them trading either of White or Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were looking for trades but whether they get good value is not up to them. They haven’t traded anyone yet so “would you trade one of them for a top 10 pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical speaking (slow day)- if Golden State offered #7, Wiseman, and Wiggins for DJ and White would you take it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't. I'd trade Murray either for 14 or to move from 12 to 7, but unless PATFO loves Wiseman, I don't think putting in 7 for 14 and adding James is enough to also get White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pimpin' ain't easy, my man"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical speaking (slow day)- if Golden State offered #7, Wiseman, and Wiggins for DJ and White would you take it?
    No way and I wouldn't think twice about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pimpin' ain't easy, my man"

He's like a Dollar Tree Russell Wilson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't. I'd trade Murray either for 14 or to move from 12 to 7, but unless PATFO loves Wiseman, I don't think putting in 7 for 14 and adding James is enough to also get White.
    I believe I would do the deal. Would you prefer adding 14 instead of Wiseman? Personally I believe I would but I figured the tax savings for GS moving Wiseman's salary would be part of their incentive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not. Many drafts barely have 7 outstanding players and the Spurs managed to get some promising ones with the second to last picks in the round. Wiseman looks like a massive project and the #7 in this draft is no guaranteed thing. Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think an S&T with Patty could be in the cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think an S&T with Patty could be in the cards.
    That is something I could definitely get behind.
    Depending on the returns...

And I like Patty!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an interesting question.

My initial reaction was no.
    The more I looked at it though and started to ask questions about what you could do with #7 and #12 theoretically; the answer suggests you could invest in some fascinating team construction.

How about Giddey and Kispert?
    or
    Wagner and Springer?
    or
    what would be really interesting - Giddey and Wagner?

I'm not huge on taking Wagner by himself in the draft but paired with the right guy/team - A Giddey/Wagner P'nR combo. flanked by KJ, Vassell and Wiseman could be a devastating mix in a few years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an interesting question.

My initial reaction was no.
    The more I looked at it though and started to ask questions about what you could do with #7 and #12 theoretically; the answer suggests you could invest in some fascinating team construction.

How about Giddey and Kispert?
    or
    Wagner and Springer?
    or
    what would be really interesting - Giddey and Wagner?

I'm not huge on taking Wagner by himself in the draft but paired with the right guy/team - A Giddey/Wagner P'nR combo. flanked by KJ, Vassell and Wiseman could be a devastating mix in a few years.
    I'm obviously sold on Wagner but, the way I see it is we end up with 3 young high upside players or 2 high upside a a high floor guy (Kispert or Duarte) and some cash left over to get a placeholder at PG. We could do alot worse...

It's a real path to getting the requisite talent to compete again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is something I could definitely get behind.
    Depending on the returns...

And I like Patty!
    At this point Patty should be more valuable to a contender than to us. Unless we somehow get an all-star this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea why you'd trade two players who clearly are NBA players, not to mention good ones, for picks that you have no idea can play in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea why you'd trade two players who clearly are NBA players, not to mention good ones, for picks that you have no idea can play in the NBA.
    Because you have a good idea what the ceilings are on the players we have and you want to gamble on better talent with higher upside.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I'd rather say goodbye to DJM. He is a great player, but not who you would like as a floor general. D-White is injury-prone, but I think he is a stable guard to have, much like a Malcolm Brogdon type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point Patty should be more valuable to a contender than to us. Unless we somehow get an all-star this summer.
    Atlanta could use a vet on that roster that's been in a championship locker room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like both players. It would have to be a pretty damn good trade. Beyond those two and Keldon I don't know that we have much that other teams would covet enough to do a deal.
    The issue is that the Spurs also don't have much aside from them (and picks they need to keep for themselves because the bottom may really fall off in case they injury or regression or whatever adversity, even for just the chance to pick high in the lottery if it comes to that). Their veterans are FA, the guys that are in their second deals are guys they'd rather not trade but in that case, they have nothing to deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair. Obviously there is fair amount of risk involved but the question then would be how comfortable are you with each acquisitions' floor?

If you are, then I think mo7888 is on point with his assessment.

Thread Information