Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had the most dominant run in playoff history in 2014. Seems strange to change that system and offense in order to accommodate a beta big man that couldn't even hack it in Portland.
    Because it just wasn't sustainable, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had the most dominant run in playoff history in 2014. Seems strange to change that system and offense in order to accommodate a beta big man that couldn't even hack it in Portland.
    2001 Lakers were easily better than the 2014 Spurs in the POs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    yes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    couldn't get past the clips with that system...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 and 7 and you spoiled s have something to say.

28 other teams would gladly have these problems.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost derped that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna now bump this after every Spurs win.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 and 7 and you spoiled s have something to say.

28 other teams would gladly have these problems.
    well the bad part is having the expectation to compete only to find out you're just a distant #2. At least last year there was virtually no hope at all...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Spurs and Heat where blowing each other out in the 2013 Finals it was a close 1a 1b and we should have won it. It happens. Teams get blown out. There is no need for a ing meltdown and reevaluate ourselves like some of these ing posters that should have been through all that already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll eat my crow for now, you have a legitimate argument. Aldridge was terrible last night. He hasn't been as bad as you say he's been all season. For the most part, he's been good. But last night was awful. Can't deny that
    We got him to make up for the aging of the big three enough to win a championship. He needs to be playing like an all-star by the end of the season or be in the conversation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Spurs and Heat where blowing each other out in the 2013 Finals it was a close 1a 1b and we should have won it. It happens. Teams get blown out. There is no need for a ing meltdown and reevaluate ourselves like some of these ing posters that should have been through all that already.
    This agreed it could go either way for the spurs vs warriors. Despite losing in this game I still give the spurs a 50-50 chance against the Warriors in the WCF.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2001 Lakers were easily better than the 2014 Spurs in the POs.
    Not really, tbh.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about the stats on this but ive noticed. Whenever tim has the night off, LA seems to shrivel. Almost to making a point of it - that he doesnt want the burden of taking on the oppositions biggest and best.

Something the coach needs to look at or mentally LA needs to overcome .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely you jest! Spurs do not want anything to do with any cancer named Morris.

It is hindsight now, but the Blazer I wanted was LMA's teammate, Robin Lopez - better defender, better rim protector, better rebounder and cheaper than his brother. Then this offseason go after Al Horford to replace Tim, who I believe is playing his last season. Plus signing Lopez might have given us an opportunity to pick up a good guard.
    Horford would be a steal. Great game, team player, good at ude, and right demeanor for the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about the stats on this but ive noticed. Whenever tim has the night off, LA seems to shrivel. Almost to making a point of it - that he doesnt want the burden of taking on the oppositions biggest and best.

Something the coach needs to look at or mentally LA needs to overcome .
    First they speculated that Aldridge wasn't scoring much because he had to share the ball.

Now with nobody to share the ball with (i.e. Duncan) he keeps performing badly.

So what gives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=skulls138;8394581]We got him to make up for the aging of the big three enough to win a championship. He needs to be playing like an all-star by the end of the season or be in the conversation.[/QUOTE

yup. Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he has to step up. That's all there is to it. And if Tim has to show him the way, that's just how it's going to be. People forget how Lebron folded in 2011 and Wade had to push him to play to his potential afterwards. Before that, James was a career choker in the biggest moments. Now the dude is pretty much unstoppable in the Finals. I hope it doesn't take the Spurs losing the WCF for Aldridge to wake up, but it's possible that he has to really see what being tentative costs him before he can get his head straight.
    Lebrons choking and lames choking are not the same. Lebron is a runaway bride, and lame is just always a bridesmaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are learning the difference in all-star and legit franchise anchor. LMA is a damn good player but Tim is a generational anchor. There's really not many Tims & there's a reason why Tim, Lebron, etc are always sniffing around the finals. Fact is without a guy like Tim it's damn hard to win a le.

Not impossible but we are already seeing the difference in having a damn good player be your best player (LMA/Kawhi - which isn't bad, Spurs are a ridiculously good team and can still win a le) vs an all time great (Tim). It's just different.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

As far as LMA, I've always said Gasol would be a better fit (which you vehemently disagreed) b/c he can affect the game on BOTH ends without scoring. He would have been an oversized version of Diaw & the offense wouldn't have needed to be isolation heavy although Porkers decline required it to a certain extent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As far as LMA, I've always said Gasol would be a better fit (which you vehemently disagreed) b/c he can affect the game on BOTH ends without scoring. He would have been an oversized version of Diaw & the offense wouldn't have needed to be isolation heavy although Porkers decline required it to a certain extent.
    Gasol obviously would have been better considering that he's at least won a major individual award (DPOY). However, Gasol has zero intention of leaving Memphis. There was an article about this and about the Spurs having to go with plan B.

The league consensus however was that LMA was almost as good as Gasol. See all the rankings for free agents at the time. Anyway, so far LMA has been a disappointment with the Spurs. Talk about bad luck!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Gasol obviously would have been better considering that he's at least won a major individual award (DPOY). However, Gasol has zero intention of leaving Memphis. There was an article about this and about the Spurs having to go with plan B.

The league consensus however was that LMA was almost as good as Gasol. See all the rankings for free agents at the time. Anyway, so far LMA has been a disappointment with the Spurs. Talk about bad luck!
    The good news is that Softridge's contract can be moved since bums are going to be getting 80mill contracts starting this upcoming summer.

Considering his age he has to be traded to a "win-now" type team & the only one that makes sense is LMA/Patty for Millsap/Schroder assuming that Horford/Teague are going to re-sign w/ the Hawks.

-The Raptors would take him in heart beat but Valanciunas is just a rich-man's Baynes.
    -The Bulls would be glad to swap Pau for LMA but they have nobody else to use as a bait (Rose)
    -The Wizard could use LMA as a consolation prize for the Durant sweepstakes but Gortat isn't going to cut it.
    -If LMA wants to be the face of a franchise for the duration of his contract () then he could be shipped out to Brooklyn for Lopez

Disclaimer: POTFO aren't trading him to a western conference team unless it's Gasol or Blake (after he agrees to an extension).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that Softridge's contract can be moved since bums are going to be getting 80mill contracts starting this upcoming summer.

Considering his age he has to be traded to a "win-now" type team & the only one that makes sense is LMA/Patty for Millsap/Schroder assuming that Horford/Teague are going to re-sign w/ the Hawks.

-The Raptors would take him in heart beat but Valanciunas is just a rich-man's Baynes.
    -The Bulls would be glad to swap Pau for LMA but they have nobody else to use as a bait (Rose)
    -The Wizard could use LMA as a consolation prize for the Durant sweepstakes but Gortat isn't going to cut it.
    -If LMA wants to be the face of a franchise for the duration of his contract () then he could be shipped out to Brooklyn for Lopez

Disclaimer: POTFO aren't trading him to a western conference team unless it's Gasol or Blake (after he agrees to an extension).
    Hawks apparently shopping Schroder: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ennis-Schroder

Bulls will be for Pau and Noah, to match the salary cap.

Brook Lopez trade can be straight up trade without additional. Given Nets are too thrilled with Lopez performance, they might bite. Speaking of Lopez, he scored 30+ points against OKC just a few games back. Lopez is injury prone, however he's at least willing to mix it up down low.

I would go with the Bulls options because it gives maximum flexibility with the expiration of Noah contract and 1 year for Pau. There is a possibility that Lebron bails on Cleveland after this year's disappointment.
    Last edited by ceperez; 01-27-2016 at 02:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the Celtics would be an interesting trade partner to dump lame to. They seem like they've been looking for the kinda scrap heap superstar that lame is. I think they were rumored to be after cousins and i know they wanted love. They're loaded with picks and a surplus of spursy bigs. i actually think the best player for the spurs would be Crowder.

look at the matchup with the Warriors and factor out Timmy. then replace lame with Crowder, and shuffle the rotation as necessary. I think Pop would get something like Boban or West starting against Bogut. Diaw or Crowder against Draymond. Green, Manu against Barnes, Thompson. and i wouldn't even think about anybody but Kawhi on Curry.

The Spurs would come out of the lame era as well as they came out of the jefferson era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will be fine its just one game the whole entire team played like dog . He's had success against Draymond before. Just watched an old game where he scored 27 points on Draymond. He did that by playing his game which is fadeaways and midrange jumpers. Next time the Spurs play the Warriors LMA has to play his game and not try to do things that he normally doesn't. Anyways Spurs will win a le with LMA and all this stuff will be forgotten months from now.

Thread Information