Page 82 of 164 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4077
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers taking some time off is completely understandable. Kyrie skipping out so that he doesn’t have to pass it to Dinwiddie for one night isn’t.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah I’m not trying to make light of what happened but I’ve seen players play the day after their mom/dad/sibling die, and I’d think that’s more emotionally taxing than this. That game is like 3 full days after, how long should it be delayed for before people move on with their lives?

no way of knowing but I doubt Kobe himself would want so many players to be pussies over this and using it as a reason to not play....heck if MJ died in a helicopter crash when Kobe was still playing Kobe would go out and drop 50.

I agree tbh. Players don't take off that long when a family member dies and not to be insensitive but...it's basketball. at people comparing this to a regular 9-5. Heck, most average Joes consider recreational activities like basketball a release from their everyday lives. I get that it's a tragedy but it probably wouldn't hurt to put it all in a bit of perspective tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do people really wanna watch the Lakers play that badly that they can't wait a few days? I'm a lakerfan and i think i'll be alright.

Games are postponed every now and then and players miss games all the time for personal reasons. It's really not that serious tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I understand the Lakers postponing games, losing Kobe was basically losing an immediate family member for the Lakers.

Irving just wanted an excuse to sit out though.
    How so? Was Kobe working for the Lakers and the players got to form a close bond with him? Again, not a rethoric question, genuinely asking. I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA this season.

If that wasn't the case, then I don't see why a folk like Anthony Davis should give more of a about Kobe dying than any other player in the league.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How so? Was Kobe working for the Lakers and the players got to form a close bond with him? Again, not a rethoric question, genuinely asking. I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA this season.

If that wasn't the case, then I don't see why a folk like Anthony Davis should give more of a about Kobe dying than any other player in the league.
    Yeah I changed my mind and deleted the post

i could see it if the game was yesterday or today, but cancelling tomorrow’s game is approaching 9/11 territory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys make no sense. It wasn't just about the players. Lakers are a family run business. Kobe was an employee for over 20 years interacting with the owners and most of the infrastructure. They brought in grief counselors for the staff... It's not just about Anthony Davis or the players he played or did not play with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the T-Pups blew a 20 point lead with 3 mins to go last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the tragedy the media will now paint the picture the Lakers must win it all in honor of Kobe.. That is going to be a tad sickening to watch..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers postponing their game 100% makes sense IMO. Man retired only like 3 years ago, he's a God in LA and has a strong connection to their current best player, including the iconic moment they had the night before his death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the tragedy the media will now paint the picture the Lakers must win it all in honor of Kobe.. That is going to be a tad sickening to watch..
    At least the Clippers will have a harder time now. The whole league and all of L.A. will be rooting against them in favor of the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the Clippers will have a harder time now. The whole league and all of L.A. will be rooting against them in favor of the Lakers.
    I think the best thing for the league would be the Bucks win it all... But the media is Laker Nation more than ever now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really care that they postponed tonight's game. No big deal tbh. If those guys couldn't go then so be it.

But I'm assuming there's probably some non-basketball related stuff that had to do with the decision, probably planning some glitzy ceremony for during the 1st game and the organizers needed more time tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'd agree that this might be an issue if we had a guy like Kyrie or Durant leading the team who's really sensitive about public perception, but Kawhi isn't going to be phased by that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    postponing the lakers vs clippers match...so lebronze has more excuses when he gets his ass clean by kawhi

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'd agree that this might be an issue if we had a guy like Kyrie or Durant leading the team who's really sensitive about public perception, but Kawhi isn't going to be phased by that.
    Wingman gonna wingman like their idol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    48 - 22 Suns vs Mavs 3rd qtr.

WTH happened. Rest of the game was more or less even.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    48 - 22 Suns vs Mavs 3rd qtr.

WTH happened. Rest of the game was more or less even.
    Ayton proving he was the right pick at #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes? The MLB, NFL, college football and NASCAR all cancelled or postponed their events.
    So old white people

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ayton proving he was the right pick at #1.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Let’s revisit this in a year or two and see if you’re still laughing.

Let me know when Doncic starts playing defense like this:

And after last night, he is now ahead of Gobert and alone in 4th place (-8.3, .387) just behind Anthony Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choking Bulls do a Greg Pop special end of game ahead by 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, he was a better player than Jerry West, why not?
    continue the tradition of overrated lakers guards on the logo... i can see it

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’m not trying to make light of what happened but I’ve seen players play the day after their mom/dad/sibling die, and I’d think that’s more emotionally taxing than this. That game is like 3 full days after, how long should it be delayed for before people move on with their lives?

no way of knowing but I doubt Kobe himself would want so many players to be pussies over this and using it as a reason to not play....heck if MJ died in a helicopter crash when Kobe was still playing Kobe would go out and drop 50.
    How much did Jordan drop when he found out what remained of his father's brain was on the steering wheel, dash and radio?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    continue the tradition of overrated lakers guards on the logo... i can see it
    You really think Kobe was overrated? I bet you Pop don't think that.

And why hasn't the Silver and Black Bronze Medalist considered?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let’s revisit this in a year or two and see if you’re still laughing.

Let me know when Doncic starts playing defense like this:

And after last night, he is now ahead of Gobert and alone in 4th place (-8.3, .387) just behind Anthony Davis.
    Slow your role bruh. Luka >>>>> PED user tbh

Imagine Luka and Booker as your foundational players for a decade

Would have to change their name to the Phoenix Funs

Thread Information