Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong thread, I know, but do you have any sources on what’s going on in Ecuador?

Electoral recount suspended with Evo’s protege having a plurality of the vote:https://www.france24.com/en/americas...ntial-election

The hard left sees Yaku Perez as a neoliberal patsy: https://thegrayzone.com/2021/02/06/y...uador-us-coup/

What does the situation look look like to you?
    Last I checked, noone won in 1st round and 2nd round is in April. Mmmm will check, some shady going on in between rounds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ecuador besides Correa has unproven lefties. Last lefty that replaced Correa flipped and became a US puppet. The guy that betrayed Assange.

US has lots more control over Ecuador than Bolivia or other countries south

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US has lots more control over Ecuador than Bolivia or other countries south
    Ex-intirim president Jeanine Anez to be arrested for terrorism and sedition.

Álvaro Coimbra, who served as justice minister under Áñez, said on Twitter that he also faces an arrest warrant and that one of his vice-ministers had been arrested.

After almost 13 years in the presidency, Morales flew into exile in November 2019 at the urging of police and military leaders and Áñez, who had been several rungs down the line of succession, took power when those above her also resigned.

The interim authorities themselves tried to prosecute Morales and key members of his government, accusing them of rigging an election and of illegally suppressing dissent.

But Morales’s party won election again under his chosen successor, Luis Arce, and the former leader has returned home.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...arrest-warrant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this morning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex-intirim president Jeanine Anez to be arrested for terrorism and sedition.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...arrest-warrant

She was just a stupid puppet. That bald guy next to her was a real killer. Murillo he was the defense secretary.

He ran away to Florira and bought a million dollar house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuller picture of the scene and the regional elections here:

https://nacla.org/bolivia-regional-elections-mas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuller picture of the scene and the regional elections here:

https://nacla.org/bolivia-regional-elections-mas
    Thanks

That president Arce seems like an economy genius. Somehow seems to be bringing Bolivia back from the economic brink which was taken there by US far right puppets.

Bolivia also returned the "loan" given by the IMF under the far right regime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have my issues with how Morales navigated the system to get re-elected, but the ensuing military coup was on its face absurd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have my issues with how Morales navigated the system to get re-elected, but the ensuing military coup was on its face absurd
    the US seems to place more credence in the coup plotters than the duly elected government.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we continually f up in S. America...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the US seems to place more credence in the coup plotters than the duly elected government.

Seems? Of course they do they were behind it. It just becomes more insultingly transparent each time.. ofc in the case Añez did exactly what the the us is criticizing bolivia for now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems? Of course they do they were behind it. It just becomes more insultingly transparent each time.. ofc in the case Añez did exactly what the the us is criticizing bolivia for now...
    from the North American perspective it looks like the OAS took the side of the fascist coup and indigenous slaughter, what are the main South American takes on OAS re:Bolivia?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OAS is a lapdog for the US, I think they only once ever took a position contrary to washington (drug war, and ofc nothing came of it because the US is the boss). most of the south american political class are local elites more interested in keeping their status than improving anyone else's, supporting anti-US positions is a proven way to lose that status

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we continually f up in S. America...
    and in Central America, whose refugees from countries ed up, corrupted towards fascism by the CIA for decades, flood towards USA for asylum.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-31-2021 at 06:36 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (dp)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OAS is a lapdog for the US, I think they only once ever took a position contrary to washington (drug war, and ofc nothing came of it because the US is the boss). most of the south american political class are local elites more interested in keeping their status than improving anyone else's, supporting anti-US positions is a proven way to lose that status
    OAS is financed and founded? By USA(CIA) true.

But the real joke of an organization is the Lima group. Thats basically a rightwing organization of countries specifically formed and financed by USA to fight leftism in South America. The fact that its all in plain sight and they act like their decisions mean anythingbis the real joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argentina, Chile and Mexico all now have leftish governments, Brazil and Colombia appear to be headed that way too. Abstentions from the upcoming Summit of the Americas will underline waning US influence and prestige.

Thread Information