Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit on the Spurs

But it’s all “ Thank you Aldridge, go get a ring,” from the cuck fans on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up there with Stephen Jackson for me in all time hated Spurs. Just a level below Nephew being a -ass but I have nothing positive to say about LMBeta's time here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit on the Spurs

I'm Machiavellian about it. I'm for anybody but the Lakers or Clippers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up there with Stephen Jackson for me in all time hated Spurs. Just a level below Nephew being a -ass but I have nothing positive to say about LMBeta's time here.
    I don't know how you can put Aldridge on the same level as Stephen Jackson when it comes to all time hated Spurs. Jackson aided and abetted Kawhi with calling out Pop,Manu,Parker and the media ran with with it. Jackson ted on the Spurs through the media on every occasion. You can hate Aldridge for quitting and half assing it but he hasn't said anything nasty or negative about the Spurs like Jax did. Jax will always be number 2 for me as most hated Spurs while Kawhi is number 1 all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LA still keeps an eye on the Spurs (which I doubt), man, he's going to wake up feeling so much better and happier tomorrow morning knowing he's off of this team and on the Nets now.

Thanks. I might watch that highlight video. That pretty much says/shows he didn't want to be on the Spurs anymore if he's looking a lot better defensively.
    Yeah, no . The Nets are le contenders if not favorites while the Spurs are heading into a full rebuild.

I'm just happy the guy is gone and the team can focus on making the playoffs. The brutal 2nd half schedule & the team's uneven play are going to make that more daunting a task.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how you can put Aldridge on the same level as Stephen Jackson when it comes to all time hated Spurs. Jackson aided and abetted Kawhi with calling out Pop,Manu,Parker and the media ran with with it. Jackson ted on the Spurs through the media on every occasion. You can hate Aldridge for quitting and half assing it but he hasn't said anything nasty or negative about the Spurs like Jax did. Jax will always be number 2 for me as most hated Spurs while Kawhi is number 1 all time.
    Aldridge may not have trash talked but his constant laziness and other antics (showing to training camp fat all the time, demanding a trade because he wasn't getting his touches, playing soft on the court while Pop had to baby him to not hurt his feelings, playing half-assed effort when the offense wasn't catering to him) was too much for me. I'm glad he's gone and I won't remember a good thing about his time here. I wonder if he s his pants in practice when he sees Splitter (who is a Nets assistant) again after the Golden God made him a nonfactor back in the 2014 Portland series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at the highlights of the Nets game last night was sickening. Aldridge played in the paint, he immediately passed out of the double teams, and he rushed to get back on defense. I just think he wanted to get away from popovich. He's actually trying on defense. I wonder how long before Murray wants out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at some point, we got to stop blaming players if no one wants to stay with us. Because there is a common denominator in all of this whether any of us want to admit it or not. Le'ts not forget, Duncan was almost out the door too in free agency during his prime to team up with Tmac and Hill. Popovich has become worse with age. It's getting really bad and I'm just waiting for the inevitable this off season of Maxing out Defrozen and extending mills for $17 million per..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at the highlights of the Nets game last night was sickening. Aldridge played in the paint, he immediately passed out of the double teams, and he rushed to get back on defense. I just think he wanted to get away from popovich. He's actually trying on defense. I wonder how long before Murray wants out
    I think Pop leaves before murray.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at some point, we got to stop blaming players if no one wants to stay with us. Because there is a common denominator in all of this whether any of us want to admit it or not. Le'ts not forget, Duncan was almost out the door too in free agency during his prime to team up with Tmac and Hill. Popovich has become worse with age. It's getting really bad and I'm just waiting for the inevitable this off season of Maxing out Defrozen and extending mills for $17 million per..
    I agree and objectively I can honestly say if I was a player I would hate playing for Pop. The problem is Pop has nothing to live for since his wife died so I have a bad feeling he's going to continue to coach until he can't function anymore. I definitely see him returning after this season since he's obsessed in breaking the all time coaching record for wins. It's really all about him now and not about the team.
    Last edited by daslicer; 04-02-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted out not because of Pop but because the team has no top tier talent and is going nowhere fast. People need to get over their hatred towards Pop. All teams have to go through a period like this but Pop the POBO needs to realise that we need to tank now, lose every game until the end. We should've traded DDR, .
    LMA wants a ring and thats the only reason he wanted out. Good luck LMA, go get your ring even though i don't think you will if Lechoke and AD get back in time and healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge with 11 pts, 9 rebs, 6 assists, 2 steals and a block in 30 minutes in his debut with the Nets, as a starter. Not to shabby. He brings them experience and a go to scorer in a Center position. And with plenty of shooters around him, 6 assists, he would be very effective with them. At least it wasn’t the Lakers. I wonder if he retires if they ring this year. I think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why people are mad at him tbh. The Nets put him in the post surrounded by 4 3-point shooters. When has that ever been the case here? On the Spurs it was "Hey LaMarcus you should shoot 3s because DeMar doesn't shoot them". The Nets play him to his strengths, while the Spurs totally eliminated them. Last season they surrounded him with Trey Lyles and Bryn Forbes. If any of y'all would be professional NBA players, y'all would want out too. Especially when the coach wants to bench you for a siginificantly less talented player in Jakob Poeltl who airballs free throws. Of course you would want a change of scenery after that. The Spurs style of play is the total opposite of how Aldridge plays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll defer to judgement on LMAs renewed energy when it's crunch time. if he lights up embiid or the greek freak and AD then i'll say "ouch". but a decent game against the hornets doesn't exactly mean he's resurrected his career. the way i figure it, the nets are likely le bound anyway so the addition of LMA to that cast was not something that moved the meter much anyway. and he was not going to be on the spurs roster come this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why people are mad at him tbh. The Nets put him in the post surrounded by 4 3-point shooters. When has that ever been the case here? On the Spurs it was "Hey LaMarcus you should shoot 3s because DeMar doesn't shoot them". The Nets play him to his strengths, while the Spurs totally eliminated them. Last season they surrounded him with Trey Lyles and Bryn Forbes. If any of y'all would be professional NBA players, y'all would want out too. Especially when the coach wants to bench you for a siginificantly less talented player in Jakob Poeltl who airballs free throws. Of course you would want a change of scenery after that. The Spurs style of play is the total opposite of how Aldridge plays
    Agreed. I get why some people in here hate him due to him not always coming in shape when the season started in the past but for me I will never hate him. It's funny they are people who hate him for quitting but also hated him when he had his best season here which was from '17-'19. I honestly feel during that 2 year stretch Aldridge got burned out from carrying all the trash he was surrounded with. Aldridge had to be great on both ends during that stretch for the Spurs just to get into the playoffs. I felt after '19 he figured expanding all his energy for a first round loss wasn't worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted out not because of Pop but because the team has no top tier talent and is going nowhere fast. People need to get over their hatred towards Pop. All teams have to go through a period like this but Pop the POBO needs to realise that we need to tank now, lose every game until the end. We should've traded DDR, .
    LMA wants a ring and thats the only reason he wanted out. Good luck LMA, go get your ring even though i don't think you will if Lechoke and AD get back in time and healthy.
    And who built this team of no too tier talent as they continue to sign players past their prime or these slow non defensive players for top dollar? Who is responsible for that? Who is responsible fir mills acting like he’s steph curry late in games?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did people expect? Of course he was going to be reinvigorated playing on a contender for either the second (I'd argue) or third (depending on your taste of the '17 Spurs) time in his career, while being thrust into the national spotlight for the first time since his first two seasons here and hearing about how bad/washed up he is. I'm sure he also wants to prove that's not the case to himself too.

That doesn't mean he was mailing it in here, though subconsciously I'm sure his effort waned playing on not only a mediocre team, but one that wanted him to play a reduced role for a cadre of role players.

I didn't like the unnecessary dig at the Spurs, but it's par for the course at this point.

Yeah and it's basically all the same reasons from people with similar backgrounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just going to post these two clips here. Some hyperbole, some perhaps over simplification of his impact but telling nonetheless IMHO.

First, post game from LMA himself:

Second, some media reaction from KOC:

Again you can draw own conclusions on how this situation all played out but I will say this, if he continues to play at a high level (and again this is after one game so hard to say), he could’ve benefited the Spurs greatly at the trade dead line (by bringing this same at ude, physical commitment and effort on both ends), rather than being viewed as a roster ballast whose name and prior accomplishments defined his value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just going to post these two clips here. Some hyperbole, some perhaps over simplification of his impact but telling nonetheless IMHO.

First, post game from LMA himself:

Second, some media reaction from KOC:

Again you can draw own conclusions on how this situation all played out but I will say this, if he continues to play at a high level (and again this is after one game so hard to say), he could’ve benefited the Spurs greatly at the trade dead line (by bringing this same at ude, physical commitment and effort on both ends), rather than being viewed as a roster ballast whose name and prior accomplishments defined his value.
    Should have been traded 2 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit on the Spurs

Makes me sick,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was obviously phoning it in on the Spurs. Quit on the team pretty much.
    Stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes me sick,tbh
    Says the dude that hangs on nephs junk to this day. You and the person you're replying to both trashed LMA for years on here. The dude was misused by the coaches and was abused by half ass fans here despite personally carrying the team for three years. You're gotdamn right I hope LMA rings and I hope he fickin wins Finals MVP and hits the winning bucket for you ing lovers on here that feel so en led to star players playing up to your expectations. Have some of his future career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not mad at LMA or the spurs tbh, honestly it’s the way the league is, it’s bull ... everyone and their mothers were saying Aldridge was washed, he isn’t he just needed a change of scenery... now he’s not the same all star player but he’s still a very valuable offensive big, and it’s complete crap that the narrative around the league spit out by everyone was that he was washed and wasn’t worth offering any assets for in a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More I think about it should be natural for Spurs fans to berooting for New Jersey at this point. Firstly, Spurs have history with them as fellow ABA member and they did the honors on ring #2.

Current Spurs alums:
    GM - Sean Marks
    Coaches - Tiago Splitter, Ime Udoka, Jacque Vaughn

Their uniforms are homages (rip-offs?) To the Spurs silver and black.

Most importantly they should accomplish what matters most and that's to keep LA from winning a championship. The fact that Jersey has three top 10 players, Joe Harris, and the Griffen, Aldridge former franchise guys will not catapult any of these guys legacy. They'll be remembered the same as the Durant Warrirors teams - a ho-hum ring. But it will be good for a new fan base to get a le and especially in NYC area for the 1st time in 50 years.

Once the Gregg-Derozan 2021 campaign ends in late May, we can switch our vote to the lesser evil up in the Northeast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not mad at LMA or the spurs tbh, honestly it’s the way the league is, it’s bull ... everyone and their mothers were saying Aldridge was washed, he isn’t he just needed a change of scenery... now he’s not the same all star player but he’s still a very valuable offensive big, and it’s complete crap that the narrative around the league spit out by everyone was that he was washed and wasn’t worth offering any assets for in a trade
    The media and league narrative was LMA had no value since he was not a 3 point shooting big man and was a mid range shooter. That really killed his value. It's the same reason why Demar has low value because he's not a 3 point shooter. I think in LMA's case the narrative was stupid because he could hit 3 pointers when wide open at a decent rate but also had a post up game that was undervalued. Also like you said the narrative was that he was washed up when he wasn't. There are a bunch of idiots know on other basketball message boards that are shocked that LMA is actually a decent player. The outrage is funny I'm seeing from these other boards in people complaining that a player like LMA should have never been bought out and that he should have been traded.

Thread Information