Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a swingman and a good scoring bigman in the starting five. I would still love to have Mikhailyuk instead of Forbes there. He is a unique shooter with a rookie contract and he is 200 cm. Julius Randle as a helper for LMA instead of Lyles. Gay+Carrol+Belli+Forbes into the trade machine.

1st unit: White+DDR+Mikhailyuk+Randle+LMA

2nd unit: Mills+Murray+Walker+Jacob+Lyles

And we are easily a contender once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they also thought spurs are contenders before this season
    Yeah that was a little ridiculous. They were putting all their eggs in the “Murray is a great player and will put us over the top basket.”

Murray is an ok backup PG...kind of.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if myles turner is really on the trading block

turner/brogdon for ddr/poeltl/murray

next
    covington for mill/forbes 1st 2020 and 2nd 2021

brogdon/white/covington/lma/turner

competetive now and prospective in future
    Last edited by spurspl; 02-04-2020 at 08:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Spurs don't fleece teams. The Spurs get fleeced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard not to have a negative outlook right now as a spurs fan. If we get picks, you know they’ll make bad picks. If we get cap space, you know they’ll overpay bad players. If they make a trade, you know we’ll get fleeced. If they do nothing, we’ll still suck.

things aren’t looking good.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree but if we tanked im pretty sure minesota would strongly consider taking our 1st for covington.
    imho pacers would also consider this trade. murray/oladipo/ddr/sabonis/poeltl if their plans are short term (which i think their r bc of last 2yrs oladipo) then adding ddr and two young def players raises their chances in POs and doesnt tear down future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree but if we tanked im pretty sure minesota would strongly consider taking our 1st for covington.
    imho pacers would also consider this trade. murray/oladipo/ddr/sabonis/poeltl if their plans are short term (which i think their r bc of last 2yrs oladipo) then adding ddr and two young def players raises their chances in POs and doesnt tear down future.
    I don't think they'd do it but, man, it would be nice to get back the player they SHOULD'VE drafted: Brogdon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'd do it but, man, it would be nice to get back the player they SHOULD'VE drafted: Brogdon
    Friend, it kills me every time you bring up Malcolm. I was absolutely giddy over the possibility that the Spurs would draft a guy from my alma mater. I posted a lengthy article downstairs from the Charlottesville Daily Progress about Brogdon, his leadership, and his being a life-long fan of the Spurs. I was crushed when we passed on him. I have tried to forget... We even drafted Brogdon-light, Derrick, to try to recapture what we had lost... But we know that boat has sailed. I think spurspl has some realistic proposals, but there are way too many moving parts for the Old Asshole to consider, and too many of his pets departing. Won't happen, but those proposals aren't as unrealistic as some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friend, it kills me every time you bring up Malcolm. I was absolutely giddy over the possibility that the Spurs would draft a guy from my alma mater. I posted a lengthy article downstairs from the Charlottesville Daily Progress about Brogdon, his leadership, and his being a life-long fan of the Spurs. I was crushed when we passed on him. I have tried to forget... We even drafted Brogdon-light, Derrick, to try to recapture what we had lost... But we know that boat has sailed. I think spurspl has some realistic proposals, but there are way too many moving parts for the Old Asshole to consider, and too many of his pets departing. Won't happen, but those proposals aren't as unrealistic as some.
    It's better for Brogdon that he got drafted by the Bucks. Otherwise, his career would have been wasted in Austin. Let's face it, players don't want to come to the Spurs anymore. They don't want to come from college just to be in the G-League because now they can just go to the G-League straight out of high school anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better for Brogdon that he got drafted by the Bucks. Otherwise, his career would have been wasted in Austin. Let's face it, players don't want to come to the Spurs anymore. They don't want to come from college just to be in the G-League because now they can just go to the G-League straight out of high school anyways.
    That's exactly how I console myself. When I consider everything from Malcolm's perspective I am really glad we didn't draft him. The Old Asshole is killing (has killed?) the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that was a little ridiculous. They were putting all their eggs in the “Murray is a great player and will put us over the top basket.”

Murray is an ok backup PG...kind of.
    Properly handled, Dijon should become a very good SG - Danny Green with better handles and boarding.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truu, brogdon>murray

spurs also can add to this trade loonie and then i think pacers should take it no matter what. Its still works $. On the other hand we lose quite a lot of youngies but imo still worth it.

thanks mate, ofc thats only hipothetical trades. Imo pretty realistic and win for every team. However, as u said, highly unlikely to happen bc of pop.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers don’t do that trade even with Lonnie. Really neither team should do that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says in the article that they want to make a trade for a wing before the deadline. Why would Minny ship RoCo for a worthless pick?

Doesn't matter now anyway. The Spurs are going to get another mid-tier pick.
    Minny wants 2 picks. So the Rockets will try to somehow get 2 picks to trade them for RoCo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/2020/02/04/nba...-timberwolves/

"As far as potential landing spots for Russell, there were a few teams that consistently popped up in responses from league execs. One Eastern Conference executive told HoopsHype: “With D-Lo, I could see a lot of teams at least discussing him.I could see the San Antonio Spurs, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder and Detroit Pistons all trying to see if there would be a deal – and probably some other teams too. Another responded to us: “Minnesota is possible and, I agree, they make sense. If not Minnesota, New York could be a possible landing spot.” – via HoopsHype

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and DJ for Russell. You'd be a fool not to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell is meh but he would be a definite upgrade at PG. Murray is never going to be the player Pop wants him to be. He can't even hold rookie TPs jock strap unfortunately

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way gsw would do this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/2020/02/04/nba...-timberwolves/

"As far as potential landing spots for Russell, there were a few teams that consistently popped up in responses from league execs. One Eastern Conference executive told HoopsHype: “With D-Lo, I could see a lot of teams at least discussing him.I could see the San Antonio Spurs, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder and Detroit Pistons all trying to see if there would be a deal – and probably some other teams too. Another responded to us: “Minnesota is possible and, I agree, they make sense. If not Minnesota, New York could be a possible landing spot.” – via HoopsHype
    Any team that puts picks in the deal has the edge here. Spurs easily have the contracts to make this work, but not sure if they want to part with picks. I hope they don't. It seems that they're more likely the needed third team to facilitate a deal for Minnesota. They have the players to help and could net a player(s) in return, probably Covington but maybe Wiggins. They could also salary dump Carroll onto the Wolves for their trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR/Gay/Mills/Carroll/Marco for CP3/Danilo/Noel/1st Rd Picks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR/Gay/Mills/Carroll/Marco for CP3/Danilo/Noel/1st Rd Picks
    OKC would expect picks back, and wouldn't do this deal on its face. The Thunder are a good team. Why would they want to trade from good to ty?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Golden State wanting in return? Picks? Young players? Expiring contracts? Or all of the above?

If it's expiring then send them Gay (1 year left), Belinelli, Forbes, and some picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure they want more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Golden State wanting in return? Picks? Young players? Expiring contracts? Or all of the above?

If it's expiring then send them Gay (1 year left), Belinelli, Forbes, and some picks.
    WOW! Can you imagine Curry, Klay and... Forbes on the floor together?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW! Can you imagine Curry, Klay and... Forbes on the floor together?!
    Great shooting, 2 subpar defenders ...

Thread Information