My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was looking at draft sites and Tankathon had us drafting him in the 2nd. So, I looked into him and here is a decent video of his skills and some flaws. Honestly after watching this, I would have no issue using our 2nd on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spelled his first name wrong in the le.....it is Vrenz not Vrens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 6'10 SF. He's not a PF. But if the Spurs can take him at 41, that would be a steal. Luka would also be showing his tattoo on another team because the Spurs can put Luka in a trade package.

This kid has the shooting that Luka doesn't have, the passing and athletic ability Bertans didn't have. He is a perimeter SF at 6'10. He can shoot, play off screens, pass, handle the ball, drive to the hole. If he gets his hands on a defensive rebound, he can start the break and get the assist that finishes it.

He's skinny though, he's not a banger down low. Not much of a post game to back down smaller defenders. Will he be able to hold his ground on defense. But that can be taught or changed in the weight room with work.

This kid is under the radar, and not many have talked about him. He's sitting at 41, I'd take him in a second. I'd trade Lonnie or Luka to get a high 30s pick in the second round to draft this kid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I liked him earlier from what I saw he would be a good pick he definitely has the qualities that the Spurs look for. His work ethic and drive to get better really impressed me and he is a pretty good baller.

And no your not trading Luka any second round pick is G League bound for at a minimum 1 year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 6'10 SF. He's not a PF. But if the Spurs can take him at 41, that would be a steal. Luka would also be showing his tattoo on another team because the Spurs can put Luka in a trade package.

This kid has the shooting that Luka doesn't have, the passing and athletic ability Bertans didn't have. He is a perimeter SF at 6'10. He can shoot, play off screens, pass, handle the ball, drive to the hole. If he gets his hands on a defensive rebound, he can start the break and get the assist that finishes it.

He's skinny though, he's not a banger down low. Not much of a post game to back down smaller defenders. Will he be able to hold his ground on defense. But that can be taught or changed in the weight room with work.

This kid is under the radar, and not many have talked about him. He's sitting at 41, I'd take him in a second. I'd trade Lonnie or Luka to get a high 30s pick in the second round to draft this kid.
    This guy couldn’t hold Luka’s jock. But I wouldn’t mind him with 41.
    Last edited by buttsR4rebounding; 06-26-2021 at 12:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we draft Franz and Vrenz I'll be happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not buying this one. His team had a decent record in the very low ranking Belgian EuroMillions league, but was 1-9 in the Eurocup, last place among 24 teams, where he was their 5th best scorer. They were playing teams like the Leuven Bears, Limberg United, Filou Oostende, Lokomotiv Kuban, and Boulogne-Levallois... not exactly FC Barcelona, Andalou Efes, or CSKA Moscow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not buying this one. His team had a decent record in the very low ranking Belgian EuroMillions league, but was 1-9 in the Eurocup, last place among 24 teams, where he was their 5th best scorer. They were playing teams like the Leuven Bears, Limberg United, Filou Oostende, Lokomotiv Kuban, and Boulogne-Levallois... not exactly FC Barcelona, Andalou Efes, or CSKA Moscow.
    He's a guy you draft and keep him over there for a while, getting him to a better team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More likely he's a guy that stays over there permanently, which isn't a bad gig. I wouldn't mind living in a nice European city and playing basketball for a living. I just don't think he ever plays in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undrafted or 2nd round stash if a good european club wants him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his broken hand, Luka can't hold it either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have 2 useless foreign white players. Do we really need a 3rd?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft an stash or come over an go to the G league. Then trade to another team 3 yrs later for him to kill us an wonder why we didn't use him right. Sounds about like the Spurs im use to.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure shooter, ball seldom touching anything but the net.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah if he was a better prospect why would 2nd round even be a possibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He maybe 2 years from being 2 years away as Fran says on draft days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hightlight films can be so rediculously deceptive. Every one time player, including myself, can put a reel together in his mind where he looked like an NBA player on some play or another. Shooting 3s on a film doesn't mean crap unless you can back it up with a proven percentage. Blocks? I remember every good one I made. Pin point behind the back passes for an assist? I got 'em. I got a lot of steals and breakaway scores because I was a pretty good defender as a football defensive back who came over to basketball after football season. My role was to harrass the opponent's best scoring gaurd with hard defense until I ran out of hard fouls. So are the highlights on this film the only ones in his season.???? Tricky stuff on a highlight film, eh?

This being said about the deceptiveness of highlight films, however, he does seem to have a good handle for a guy that is 6'10" and the chops to take it to the hole while getting banged around. More importantly in my mind was his ability and confidence to use his left hand on some drives. I'm calling that a tell-tale skill for a big man on a highlight film that can't be faked as a one-off accident. But if he is the 5th best scorer on a mediocre team???? Stats don't lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hightlight films can be so ridiculously deceptive.
    I think this is the thing everybody needs to be ultra aware of. I could put together a highlight reel of Russell Westbrook hitting 200 3s in a row and it would look impressive. He'd still be a terrible 3pt shooter. In fact, the single worst high volume 3pt shooter in the history of the NBA. But his highlight reel would be impressive-- look! Consistency of form! Quick release! High release point, elbow in, such confidence, and good lift! Just get him working with Chip for a summer & he'll be Steph Curry in no time!
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-28-2021 at 12:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is the thing everybody needs to be ultra aware of. I could put together a highlight reel of Russell Westbrook hitting 200 3s in a row and it would look impressive. He'd still be a terrible 3pt shooter. In fact, the single worst high volume 3pt shooter in the history of the NBA. But his highlight reel would be impressive-- look! Consistency of form! Quick release! High release point, elbow in, good lift! Just get him working with Chip for a summer & he'll be Steph Curry in no time!
    Highlight films are the reason so many are ing themselves over Kai Jones. IMAGINE IF HE DID DUNKS AND ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, but he barely plays and can't even start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highlight films are the reason so many are ing themselves over Kai Jones. IMAGINE IF HE DID DUNKS AND ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, but he barely plays and can't even start.
    Kai is decent, but not a first round pick. I watched him for a few years and the holes in his game are glaring. Shaks was horrible at developing talent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched this kid a lot in the past 3 seasons here in Antwerp. He is not NBA-material. Not at all.

Drafting him would be a big mistake. The previous two Antwerp players who made it to the NBA where Jae'Sean Tate (Rockets, pretty decent), and Salah Mejri (Mavs, usesless player). Doubt he will be next.

Vrenz also plays purely relying on his talents and size, two things that are decent enough for the Belgian league. But his work ethic is so so at best. There's a lot of work to be done (mindset, motivation, muscle build up, general at ude) before this kid can turn into an NBA player.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched this kid a lot in the past 3 seasons here in Antwerp. He is not NBA-material. Not at all.

Drafting him would be a big mistake. The previous two Antwerp players who made it to the NBA where Jae'Sean Tate (Rockets, pretty decent), and Salah Mejri (Mavs, usesless player). Doubt he will be next.

Vrenz also plays purely relying on his talents and size, two things that are decent enough for the Belgian league. But his work ethic is so so at best. There's a lot of work to be done (mindset, motivation, muscle build up, general at ude) before this kid can turn into an NBA player.
    you just described samanic.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was initially intrigued by Vrenz but there look to be several players who look appealing and with less risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t mind getting him at 41st. Size and deadly shooter who has guard skills. Finally I can move on from losing Bertans.

Thread Information