Post Count
    So Kareem is a virologist now?
    is Beal or Wiggins? are you?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Spurtacular;10609622]They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.[/QUOTE

They are playing a team sport and putting others at risk besides themselves. From a public health perspective, these players should be embracing getting vaccinated ASAP and serving as role models to others - they surely have access to enough information on the benefits.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Personal freedoms are not trivial or insignificant. However, I do think at least to an extent, we all share some public responsibility. As with most things in life, there needs to be compromise. But basketball might just be a situation where it’s harder to compromise. It’s not ping pong. Players are literally up in each other’s personal space, often face to face, huffing and puffing each other’s air. If an NBA player isn’t vaccinated, I’d just as well have them stay home from all team activities, keep them away from everything.

People are free to make their own decisions about the vaccine. But that also means there are consequences to those decisions.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

They are playing a team sport and putting others at risk besides themselves. From a public health perspective, these players should be embracing getting vaccinated ASAP and serving as role models to others - they surely have access to enough information on the benefits.
    So this part is always funny to me. Like Lebron coming out recently and saying he did all this research. Like he is scientist now with his G.E.D. or whatever he has.

People trust their doctors as they are well educated and informed. They should ask them if it's a good idea or not - not Kareem, Biden or whoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are free to make their own decisions about the vaccine. But that also means there are consequences to those decisions.
    This is the part stupid people don't want to deal with, consequences of their own actions. They want the cake and eat it too.

And this isn't a "personal health decision", this is a public health problem.

You want to play with a loaded gun inside your house? Go ahead. You want to play with a loaded gun in any public space? Not ok, it stopped being a personal decision and became a public problem. We have plenty of laws in the book for that.

So this part is always funny to me. Like Lebron coming out recently and saying he did all this research. Like he is scientist now with his G.E.D. or whatever he has.

People trust their doctors as they are well educated and informed. They should ask them if it's a good idea or not - not Kareem, Biden or whoever.
    100% in agreement on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they are “muhfreedom” experts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People should be free to drive a car whenever they want. Why do we need licenses?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was actually ok with Biden's mandate on employers for one reason - he left an out for those who don't want to get it. They can get tested regularly. It will be a inconvenience, but still allows them personal choice.

Testing has been terrible in this country. It was awful under Trump and has not gotten much better since, tbh.

This is the part stupid people don't want to deal with, consequences of their own actions. They want the cake and eat it too.

You want to play with a loaded gun inside your house? Go ahead. You want to play with a loaded gun in any public space? Not ok, it stopped being a personal decision and became a public problem. We have plenty of laws in the book for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personal freedoms are not trivial or insignificant. However, I do think at least to an extent, we all share some public responsibility. As with most things in life, there needs to be compromise. But basketball might just be a situation where it’s harder to compromise. It’s not ping pong. Players are literally up in each other’s personal space, often face to face, huffing and puffing each other’s air. If an NBA player isn’t vaccinated, I’d just as well have them stay home from all team activities, keep them away from everything.

Derpin on a Thursday morn:

No they are “muhfreedom” experts

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    if you read what Kareem said, he completely agreed with that aspect actually

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

another crappy take from dirksfinale

what a shocker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder which medical research journals Kyrie, Wiggins, and Beal are currently subscribed to. Hopefully they share so they can find the maximum amount of in depth research.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

well put. even though its a personal decision, its a decision that if mismanaged, can harm and even kill others.

i cant think of a worse way to mismanage it than to have absolutely no protection whatsoever and be in the faces of many other people on a daily basis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Rummpd;10609643]
    They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.[/QUOTE

So at risk considering the pandemic was still going on last season and they are playing with the same players from the same league again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree and a board certified public health doctor but these teams have medical experts - from
    a public health perspective not a debate - get vaccinated

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    another crappy take from dirksfinale

what a shocker
    Another non rebuttal from Neo.

What a shocker

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If others are at risk, that means the vaccinations are crap. And those jabs carry risks.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 09-30-2021 at 07:47 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well put. even though its a personal decision, its a decision that if mismanaged, can harm and even kill others.
    Let me know when an NBA player dies of fake sniffles.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree and a board certified public health doctor but these teams have medical experts - from
    a public health perspective not a debate - get vaccinated
    What I have issue with is the total lack of natural immunity being factored into all of this. Studies have shown that you are typically even MORE immune if you have already had covid. But I rarely hear anyone in the field mentioning it. Can you get it again, sure, but it's not that likely in the short term.

So if player x has already had the virus 3 months ago(and has proof) and wishes to not receive the vax...talks to his doctor who agrees with him, he should be exempt, imo.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Another non rebuttal from Neo.

What a shocker
    then explain your post. because you seem to take issue with people wanting to be informed on what they put into their bodies, and suggest that people are trusting kareem and biden more than doctors.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Let me know when an NBA player dies of fake sniffles.
    ive had close friends die from covid19. just because you personally havent been affected by it doesnt make it fake, derp

and it goes well beyond an NBA player himself dying from it. but as usual, you are too stupid to understand how viruses work.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    oh so neither they or you are virologists. got it

Thread Information