Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can win without white people…..however I’ll miss Derrick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man if we get Ivey, people will forget about White really soon. I just hope the Spurs pick lands in the top 4 without having to trade up

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can win without white people…..however I’ll miss Derrick
    Racist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10683749[/URL]]Ivey
    Tari Eason
    Patrick Baldwin Jr
    That would be awesome! Who do you.thi k we should Target with our cap space?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be awesome! Who do you.thi k we should Target with our cap space?
    Bad contract with assets attached

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t the Spurs have to get rid of a lot of guys if they want to sign all the 1st rounders and 2nd rounders with their picks in this draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t the Spurs have to get rid of a lot of guys if they want to sign all the 1st rounders and 2nd rounders with their picks in this draft?
    Correct. There will be trades forthcoming at the draft...

Edited to add: Dragic, Santorasky, and LW will probably all be gone so we could fit in 3 players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gotta be the betting favorites for D-League Chip next year, yeah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Poeltl trade discussions potentially reignited in the off-season, could the Spurs have interest in Jalen Duren as their 'C' of the Future?

This draft figures to be bananas if they hold on to their picks, and let's be honest, why wouldn't they...

Good chance that everyone gets a player they target and like this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the trades made today, its a clear sign that we are moving towards a rebuild, with that hopefully atleast a top 6 pick (maybe better)

Than with the Toronto and Celtics pick, we'll need the Nets and a few teams in the east, to start beating up on those teams. so we can get a top 20 picks.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Agbaji and Liddell with the 3 FRP, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey on ESPN+ right now. Plays a lot more off the ball than I thought. This guy is easy money when he drives to the hoop. Takes long strides and contorts his body to make awkward shots. He’s everything we wish Lonnie was. He doesn’t play scared.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by Atl Spur
    We can win without white people….

Thank the lord for white people if not you would be living a hut somewhere in angola lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey on ESPN+ right now. Plays a lot more off the ball than I thought. This guy is easy money when he drives to the hoop. Takes long strides and contorts his body to make awkward shots. He’s everything we wish Lonnie was. He doesn’t play scared.
    How's his outside shot and D?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's his outside shot and D?
    Based off this game only, he hasn’t looked much for his 3 pt shot. Looks like he loves to blow by guys with his explosive first step. On defense, doesn’t look like a lock down defender and he doesn’t pester people but he does stay in front of his guy and looks for opportunities for steals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based off this game only, he hasn’t looked much for his 3 pt shot. Looks like he loves to blow by guys with his explosive first step. On defense, doesn’t look like a lock down defender and he doesn’t pester people but he does stay in front of his guy and looks for opportunities for steals.
    Thanks. I've only watched a couple highlight videos on him so far and in all of them he looked like a beast attacking the rim but it didn't show much else. You can tell he's a special talent but having that outside shot and a motor on D could be the difference between being a good player and an elite one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're stuck with a very high 1st or 2nd Round, real preliminary but Jabari Smith on Auburn looked like he had NBA SF potential.
    What's your take on Kessler the white center also on Auburn?

Much better then that soft got from Duke Bonchero (sp) whose being touted as a lottery pick. (And Duke has some good players, much more draft worthy then him)
    Unless i just caught him while throwing a game vs Virginia this guy is a classic Duke puss ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I've only watched a couple highlight videos on him so far and in all of them he looked like a beast attacking the rim but it didn't show much else. You can tell he's a special talent but having that outside shot and a motor on D could be the difference between being a good player and an elite one.
    I agree. He, like others projected at the top, are flawed prospects. This looks like the type of draft where many prospects won’t be impact players in year 1, but will be quite good in later years depending on the team that develops them. IMO, Spurs should go for a player that has an obvious skill that stands out (Ivey’s driving ability, Banchero’s ISO ability, Tari’s defense, Chet’s insticts, etc) and work on that canvas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. He, like others projected at the top, are flawed prospects. This looks like the type of draft where many prospects won’t be impact players in year 1, but will be quite good in later years depending on the team that develops them. IMO, Spurs should go for a player that has an obvious skill that stands out (Ivey’s driving ability, Banchero’s ISO ability, Tari’s defense, Chet’s insticts, etc) and work on that canvas.
    I'm with you there... in no particular order I like Chet, Banchero, Smith, and Ivey at the top....admittedly I haven't studied them alot...probably watched Smith more than the rest at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're stuck with a very high 1st or 2nd Round, real preliminary but Jabari Smith on Auburn looked like he had NBA SF potential.
    What's your take on Kessler the white center also on Auburn?

Much better then that soft got from Duke Bonchero (sp) whose being touted as a lottery pick. (And Duke has some good players, much more draft worthy then him)
    Unless i just caught him while throwing a game vs Virginia this guy is a classic Duke puss ass.
    I really like Kessler and he has been slowly moving up the draft boards he is an athletic 7'1 who is a shot blocking machine and is starting to show off a little on the offensive side. Just go and watch the game Aubrun vs. LSU he killed them I mean he destroyed them with block and rebounds I was impressed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Poeltl trade discussions potentially reignited in the off-season, could the Spurs have interest in Jalen Duren as their 'C' of the Future?

This draft figures to be bananas if they hold on to their picks, and let's be honest, why wouldn't they...

Good chance that everyone gets a player they target and like this year
    I would like that a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone posted this on reddit, I thought it was a good read:

TL;DR: 6th+18th+20th+Filler could get us to #4, but based on precedent we'd need something else of real substance to get into the top 3.

I'll look at this two ways: precedent and analytics.

Precedent:

The 2018 Draft's Mavs-Hawks trade is a good precedent for moving up a couple of spots in the top 10.

Mavs received: 3rd pick (Luka)

Hawks received: 5th pick (Trae) and future first rounder (top-5 protected 2019, top-5 protected 2020, top-3 protected 2021, top-3 protected 2022, unprotected 2023 [ended up being #10 in 2019, Hawks picked Cam Reddish])

Vegas had the Mavs with the 9th lowest win-total (34.5) heading into the 2018-19 season, so let's say that to move up 2 spots, the Mavs had to offer a pick with an expected value of ~9.

So, what are our 18th+20th picks worth compared to the ~9th pick? The 2014 Draft's Denver-Chicago trade is good precedent for the worth of our 18th+20th picks.

Denver received: 16th (Nurkic) and 19th (Gary Harris), 2015 2nd rounder

Chicago received: 11th (McDermott), Anthony Randolph

So 18th and 20th would be around the ~11th pick value, less than the ~9th pick value of that Mavs pick. So in order to move up 3 spots to #3, we probably have to add something of real value other than 6+18+20 (the Bulls pick... Keldon?).

Analytics:

Kevin Pelton of ESPN and Jacob Goldstein (now works for the Wizards) both formulated values for each pick of the NBA Draft based on historical data. Interesting, both of them value 6+18+20 as better value than that of the #2 pick: see chart.

I can't imagine any team that made it into the top 2 actually trading down though for 6+18+20. It seems like a huge PR hit to land a top-2 pick and trade down all the way to #6, and I doubt many fan bases (or ownership groups) would be very excited about the 18th and 20th picks when they could have had a hyped #2 pick. Moving 3 spots up to #3, however, might be more feasible based on the precedent above.

Overall Thoughts:

In order to trade up, we would need a situation similar to the Luka-Trae trade. The Hawks evaluated Trae and Luka the same, so they felt fine trading down and getting an estimated value of the 9th pick next year.

Orlando might be a good trade partner if Jonathan Isaac could actually stay healthy. The consensus top 3, Jabari/Chet/Paolo, are all big men, and a guard like Jaden Ivey or Johnny Davis might be a better fit for the Magic. So something like 6, 18, 20, and the Bulls pick might be enough.

I do think that this year's trade deadline shows the Spurs really do want to trade up though, and are gathering picks to do so. I believe this season has the most in-season trades in franchise history so there does seem to be a real sense of urgency. Plus, it's hard to see us trying to develop 3 first-rounders next year while we still have all these guys who need playing time like Murray, Jakob, Keldon, Vassell, and Primo. I suppose we could just draft 3 first-rounders and then do our usual G-League development, but then at some point the minutes in the big squad would get really hard to come by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With White's trading, PG is probably the second-biggest need after PF. If the Spurs end up drafting a guard with their natural pick, then I am a pretty big fan of finding a way to get Eason. I like with even at their natural pick if it's low enough, but if the Spurs could come out of the draft with Ivey and Eason, I would be really happy.

Murray, Jones
    Ivey, Primo
    Vassell, McDermott
    Eason, Johnson
    Poeltl, Collins

The rotation is a bigger pipe dream than the draft picks most likely, but the White trade gives me hope that the Spurs won't marry themselves too strongly to Johnson as a starting piece. That lineup needs an upgrade at the backup one and five, but for a transitional stage, it's pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banchero represents Seattle HARD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banchero represents Seattle HARD
    that's one thing where he and DJ could become a great duo. On the other hand I'm scared that his ceiling is Tobias Harris

Thread Information