Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with a lot of what you said but it is looking rhrough some very rosy coloured spurs glasses. Number 2 . Lets use dj as that example. He would of thrived here as a number one option. In atlanta his usage will go down . He may win but his production will take a hit. There goes that big pay day he thought was coming. Also what if they lose. I mean talking atlanta hawks.

Keldon should have concerns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, I don’t know how to convert this away from Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/taro.kotani...9457621755308/

https://www.facebook.com/taro.kotani...6554723798258/

looks like Keldon’s athleticism has improved greatly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a message it was not available now, that it might be only shared with a small group of people or it may have been deleted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are videos of him jumping explosively with barely any lift off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read Keldon is our highest rated NBA 2k23 player @ 82, followed by Jak @ 80 and Roby @ 77.

Keldon/Jak seem fair and not that these matter but lol Roby 3rd best wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby did some damage last when Spurs played OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby did some damage last when Spurs played OKC
    I like the addition of Roby and believe he will be a good rotational player. Just because he is not the next KD or Tatum doesn't mean the guy is not an asset. Eventually, I hope he is the backup to Sochan once he gets into the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, Vassell should be ahead of Roby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby had a decent year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby had a decent year
    Why was he waived if he had a decent year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was he waived if he had a decent year?
    Aged out of OKC's plan. Presti is the DiCaprio of NBA.

SGA is next.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've drafted higher potential player at same position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aged out of OKC's plan. Presti is the DiCaprio of NBA.

SGA is next.
    They also waived him before Chet went down, or there might have been a different choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have some decent talent but its mostly young talent which will take time to develop. If they let go of Roby, it certainly wasn't for financial reasons, but probably they saw more potential in another player they drafted or signed and wanted to give them minutes instead. That being said, Roby has as much potential/skill as some of our 2nd or third teamers if not more. Their loss is our gain, and who knows maybe he shows something here and ends up staying for more than a year. This team could use any decent young talent they get their hands on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have some decent talent but its mostly young talent which will take time to develop. If they let go of Roby, it certainly wasn't for financial reasons, but probably they saw more potential in another player they drafted or signed and wanted to give them minutes instead. That being said, Roby has as much potential/skill as some of our 2nd or third teamers if not more. Their loss is our gain, and who knows maybe he shows something here
    and ends up staying for more than a year. This team could use any decent young talent they get their hands on.
    Still, this should be sobering… he was cut by OKC but is almost assured a role for us even though we have 18 guys under contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, this should be sobering… he was cut by OKC but is almost assured a role for us even though we have 18 guys under contract.
    OKC is going to be cutting guys every year, guys with talent. When you have a bazillion draft picks, your roster is going to churn. They just drafted their PF of the future, so a forward was a likely cut. We were guard heavy, and in a period of 4 months, we traded or got rid of 3 of them. We’ve been in need of forwards for a while, and a good one dropped into our lap. That’s good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC is going to be cutting guys every year, guys with talent. When you have a bazillion draft picks, your roster is going to churn. They just drafted their PF of the future, so a forward was a likely cut. We were guard heavy, and in a period of 4 months, we traded or got rid of 3 of them. We’ve been in need of forwards for a while, and a good one dropped into our lap. That’s good.
    Holmgren is a combo big who is more of a five, he's just too physically underdeveloped to play solo big in most cases at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren’t going to be far behind in terms of having to cut decent prospects in the years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you have a bazillion draft picks like OKC you can afford to let go some "average" talent go in favor of a draft pick or signing. I think the spurs would like to be in the same position and seem to be slowly inching in that direction with multiple picks in the next few years. We can only hope. OKC may have more future picks but least the spurs are better at developing talent they do draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 2 guys cut by other teams who were important players for our 13 final and 14 championship. D.Green and B. Diaw. So getting cut by other teams does not mean the player is not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difficult not to root for him. He seems to have his head screwed on right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 2 guys cut by other teams who were important players for our 13 final and 14 championship. D.Green and B. Diaw. So getting cut by other teams does not mean the player is not good.
    Spurs also cut jamychal green who was a solid role player in the years following. Need and timing is a big factor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard not to route for Keldon. Going to be interesting to see how he responds this up coming season after earning that deal and now arguably becoming the face of the franchise atleast for the interim.

Still think Vassell takes the reigns by year end in terms of our best goto scorer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kj is a uva example to follow!!

Thread Information