Page 37 of 238 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that the spring evaluation period starts today and will run through the end of May. According to 24/7, one of the first stops will be Duane Akina and Bruce Chambers seeing S Jyaz Jones of Dallas South Oak Cliff today. Jones is a guy that a lot of people have been waiting to see because he missed his entire junior year due to a hamstring injury. Nobody has seen him suited up in over a year and he's always been discussed as a potential offer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jyaz-Jones-20673

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from CB Jermaine Roberts after committing to Texas (HornsNation):

“Oh, that was cool. Real cool,”
    Roberts said of the tweet. “We talk every day. He’s (Tyrann Mathieu) like another brother to me. He calls me and I call him anytime I want to talk.”

“I consider myself like Tyrann Mathieu,"
    Roberts said. "I watched him and wanted to play like him. I came up wanting to be like him. I want to bring to the Texas defense what Tyrann Mathieu brought to LSU, and we’re going to be on the rise.”

“My mom loved it and my grandma loved it,”
    he said. “For us, it was more than football. It was also academics. It was coach [Mack] Brown, because he’s a great guy. Coach [Duane] Akina and coach [Larry] Porter, I have a great relationship with them.”

“I do feel some pressure being the first DB, because I know there are a couple guys they’re going after,”
    Roberts said. “We’ll try to get them on board and do something special.”

“I’m not going to pressure them (Joseph Paul and Leonard Fournette),”
    Roberts said. “We’ll talk about it and see how they feel about Texas.”

“I’m very excited that I committed. Now I just have to keep working hard,”
    he said. “I know Texas and everyone else will be watching.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's the tweet that CB Jermaine Roberts was talking about. This was right after he committed on Friday:

Mathieu_Era: jermaineBlessed
    MAN... You shoulda went with LSU!! But thats a great school for DBs also! You sure you dont wanna go to LSU DBU???? Lol

javanFelix3: Mathieu_Era jermaineblessed
    he picked the right place lol

jermaineBlessed: javanFelix3 Mathieu_era
    lol I think I'm good at the real DBU bouta bring some swag to Texas lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Oscar Giles and Manny Diaz will be at Fort Bend Ridge Point today to see 2015 LB Cameron Townsend.

Lots more to come.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few things to remember about the spring evaluation period...

-runs from April 15th to May 31st.

-schools are allowed TWO visits for each prospect; one for academic purposes and another for athletic evaluation. Sometimes both are addressed on a single visit. The more sought-after prospects will receive a second visit so the coaches can let their presence be known on campus.

-prospects and coaches are not allowed to speak during this time unless they randomly bump into each other on campus. As you can imagine, a lot of coaches use this rule to their advantage.

-no travel is allowed on Sundays or Memorial Day.

With the hire of Patrick Suddes, Texas should be much more efficient than they've ever been. Last year the staff traveled from California to Georgia, so we'll see where they go this time and what new names pop up.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 04-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    San Antonio Madison DE CJ Reese has committed to Kansas State.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some more stops by the Texas staff today according to 24/7...

-Porter will be in Houston to see RB Donald Catalon

-Akina and Chambers will stop by Dallas Bishop Dunne to see CB Nick Watkins and likely OL Jovan Pruitt

-Giles and Diaz will be at Galena Park North Shore to see LB Zach Whitley and will also stop by Cy-Falls to see LB Otaro Alaka and 2015 DT Du'Vonta Lampkin
    Last edited by TFloss32; 04-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Searels is flying out to California today to see JUCO OL Desmond Harrison, per 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, there could be some "movement" with CB Darrion Johnson today.

Would be an interesting development because CB Jermaine Roberts committed on Friday. There's been talk all along that once the first DB made a move, the others would start to drop.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    247 has a new "crystal ball" feature where their analysts predict where every single recruit will end up.
    FWIW: Johnson, Springs, Watkins, Bonney, Teuhema, Foreman, Adams, and Thomas end up at Texas.
    Cannon to Baylor, Freeman to TCU even though he named Texas his leader recently, Whitley to aggy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    K Nick Jordan with a solid tweet:

Nicholas ‏@TheNickJordan 2m
    happy birthday to my boy @ScaryMcCrary !! best holder in the world yall I trust him to hold my balls on a daily basis that means alot

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from CB Jermaine Roberts (OrangeBloods):

"It feels really good. I'm really relieved,"
    Roberts said. "Now that I know where I'm going, I can focus on school. That's the main thing. I can focus on our team, try to win a championship."

"It was just where I wanted to be at. I couldn't pass up this opportunity because everyone knows Texas. Texas started the DBU thing,"
    Roberts said. "They have the best DBs come out of there. Right now, they're number one in putting DBs in the league."

"And it's a great school academically. All their majors are ranked in the top 10 in the country. For business and marketing, they're like number four in the nation. They have a heavy alumni base, so you know you'll have a lot of job opportunities when you graduate."

"The moment I walked into coach Brown's office, it hit me then,"
    Roberts said of the decision to commit. "I told him because I've been to a lot of places, sat in a lot coaches' offices, a lot of coaches tell me the same thing, how they can help me win championships. But none of the head coaches asked me what I want to do after football."

"(Brown) promised me something no other coach had. If I ever got hurt and can never play football again, I still have a scholarship to go there for four years. It's the same scholarship everybody else has. He was asking me what I wanted to do after football and no other head coach really had asked me that. The other ones just tell me how well I fit in their defense. So that was big too."

"What I love about it there is the football staff at Texas, plus the fans and the alumni. And the DBs, they stick together like a brotherhood,"
    Roberts said. "It's not just one, you're not by yourself. Everybody looks out for you."

"I'm going to try to work on a lot of guys, DB wise. I know we need four or five DBs this class,"
    Roberts said. "It's cool to be the first one. I feel like I started something with the DBs in the 2014 class. I think in the next three or four years, it'll be special in this class."

"A lot of people say I'm undersized, so I was trying to come in and catch interceptions. I used to play wide receiver, so when the receiver comes off the line, I can read his route and tell where he's going. So that time I wanted to do something different and be physical."

"That stuff (criticism) doesn't bother me. I know what I can do. I just let it go in one ear and come out the other. Some of best players in NFL are small."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB Darrion Johnson has just talked with coach Akina about "making some $$" and Jermaine Roberts. He looks like he might be the next commitment

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB Darrion Johnson has just talked with coach Akina about "making some $$" and Jermaine Roberts. He looks like he might be the next commitment
    FINALLY!!!! So how much are we paying our players?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FINALLY!!!! So how much are we paying our players?
    Haha! But just to clarify, those were Akinas words, not Johnson's.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Jarrett Johnson quote:

"I'd have to say the success that they've had recently [gives the Aggies the edge]," Johnson said. "UT has been successful in the past, but the past isn't the future. The past can repeat itself but it doesn't look like they're about to repeat their past success anytime soon. A&M, they're on a roll as it is and I want to try to join that train before it shuts down. I want to keep it rolling and get started with them."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Texas will stop by Arlington Martin tomorrow to see DE Myles Garrett.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    WR/TE Dallis Todd has committed to OU. Big get for them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jarrett Johnson quote:
    More from that article:

"I still think they're (A&M) in the lead," Johnson said Monday.

"They (Johnson's parents) liked it,"
    Johnson said. "It went real good."

"I've just got to get the pros and cons of both schools,"
    Johnson said. "I think if I figure out what I really want to major in that will really help a lot. Once I get the pros and cons down, I think I'll be able to come to a decision after that."

"Depending on when we go over [everything], it could happen by the end of this week,"
    Johnson said. "If it doesn't, the process is probably going to drag out."

"Watching their spring game, they were a little more intense than the last scrimmage that I went to," Johnson said of the Aggies. "That was fun to watch. The weather was nice. It was morning instead of night time so I wasn't sleepy at all (). So I was really able to pay attention to that game. It was nice to watch. Everything was good. They picked a good day to have it on too. Everything was just working out for them."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jarrett Johnson quote:
    Wait. Are you sure this wasnt an Adrian Peterson quote?

Post Count
    Jarrett Johnson quote:
    lol, talk about a front runner... not that I agree with him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with CB Nick Watkins of Dallas Bishop Dunne (24/7). He visited Notre Dame recently:

“Everything is going well for me,” said Watkins. “I’m just being very thorough with this all. I’m taking my recruitment very slow. Right now I don’t even have a favorites list. I’m basically interested in all of the schools that are interested in me.”

“I’m still very interested in the Longhorns,” Watkins told Hookem.com. “Texas is a great program and I have a lot of respect for the tradition they have there. When I went to their junior day in February I had a great time and enjoyed getting to see them practice. I walked away impressed with my entire experience there.”

“I really like the coaches down there,” Watkins explained. “They make you feel right at home and always make sure you enjoy your visit. Coach Akina is one of the best at what he does and is a good coach. I could see myself playing for him. I haven’t talked to them lately, but we still talk often.”

“I’m probably not going to visit anywhere else this spring and maybe not this summer,” Watkins said. “I’m just focusing on finishing the school year strong with track and spring football. I want to make more interceptions, tackle better and improve my man coverage, along with being an explosive and exciting player on offense. That’s what I’m worried about for right now.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few notes from OrangeBloods...

-Giles will making a stop in Keller today to see DE/LB Sione Teuhema and his brother, 2015 OL Maea Teuhema

-while Searels was in California yesterday checking on JUCO OL Desmond Harrison, he stopped to see blue-chip RB Joe Mixon. He's a Top 100 prospect according to both major services and he was the MVP of the Rivals camp in Los Angeles recently

http://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Mixon-22521

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/854494/#highlights/28809373

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    -while Searels was in California yesterday

It's a mystery to me why Texas is recruiting all these players from SEC states where you're up against Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc - but then completely neglects CA which is loaded with prospects and your primary compe ion is USC (can anybody say scholly limits & Lane Kiffin).

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    whoever you asses are signing, just let em know that September 14th, 2013 is the day they might wanna have Mack Brown coddle their scrots a lil more than he usually does. Maybe Vince Young will even give them a free lap dance.

Thread Information