My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...leaders-476784

Interestingly, within that:

In a last-minute deal, congressional leaders also agreed to add provisions that would improve the national background check system for gun purchases and provide safety grants to schools to guard against future mass shootings.

Negotiators also agreed to roll back the so-called ey amendment, which opponents say has had a chilling effect on federal gun violence research and barred the CDC from advocating gun control.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roll back? kill? the ey amendment?

of course, Repugs will block/defund CDC from doing gun research

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also...

The grain glitch lowers the tax bills of farmers who sell grain to cooperatives but at the expense of other farmers. Democrats at one point had sworn off allowing Republicans to iron out problems in their partisan tax bill passed last December.

looks like sickdsm got his wish...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    roll back? kill? the ey amendment?

of course, Repugs will block/defund CDC from doing gun research
    You heard " " and here you come. You turned that Uber around on a dime, and headed straight for Jackson street, 229.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP lawmakers blast Dems for opposing ObamaCare fix

Republicans denounced Democrats on Wednesday for opposing a bill aimed at lowering ObamaCare premiums,

saying Democrats walked away from a deal so they could blame the GOP for premium increases ahead of the
    midterm elections.

Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), a leader of the push for the bill to stabilize ObamaCare markets, said Democrats were blocking the measure from must-pass government funding legislation this week

solely because of abortion-related objections,

despite support for the measure from President Trump, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

"It’s being blocked in the omnibus bill for one reason and one reason alone, and that is that Democrats refuse to apply the Hyde [Amendment] compromise on abortion funding that has been in every appropriations bill since 1976,"

Republicans say the Hyde Amendment language preventing funding of abortion services must be applied to the new ObamaCare funding, which is aimed at lowering ObamaCare premiums.

They argue the language is a standard restriction used for decades.

Democrats say that applying the Hyde Amendment is a dealbreaker, noting

it would prevent federal funds from going to any insurer that offered abortion coverage.

They also criticized Republicans for including other items like a provision they said

would cement a Trump administration move to allow skimpier, "junk" insurance plans to be sold.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...-obamacare-fix

All you Repugs are ing lying, bad faith assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You heard " " and here you come. You turned that Uber around on a dime, and headed straight for Jackson street, 229.
    You know DMC is upset when he uses his alt to post.

ey Amendment

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...leaders-476784

Interestingly, within that:

In a last-minute deal, congressional leaders also agreed to add provisions that would improve the national background check system for gun purchases and provide safety grants to schools to guard against future mass shootings.

Negotiators also agreed to roll back the so-called ey amendment, which opponents say has had a chilling effect on federal gun violence research and barred the CDC from advocating gun control.
    They wrote the bill so that gun ownership would not be looked at. And it does not matter what they roll back, Congress still has to fund it. This was the major problem. Some people did minimal research with private funds and Obama providing a few grants that are gone. Problem is, one of the CDC heads in the 90s, likened the research to prohibited research on cigarettes being nixed by big tabacco. This was a mistake. In some areas of the country guns might actually be correlated to lower crime rate. We don't know. The early studies appeared to be headed towards gun ownership causing accidents and ready made for quick suicides. Well there is much more than this to be researched.

Side note: hunting has decreased noticeably in this country. One possible side effect is a roll back in good land conservation. We have deer and hogs overpopulating some areas that need to be taken out. Hunters and fishermen are the best advocates for conservation of land/ wetland areas, they put their money into buying State/ federal land in critical need areas. Bird migration areas, critical wetlands for marine habitat. It's people more likely , who move into areas and get attacked by a mountain lion or some other top predator, that have caused some of the problems with an unbalanced ecosystem.( Just let them eat you and get on with it)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex-Rep. ey Regrets Restrictive Law On Gun Violence Research

INSKEEP: So that's what the intent was. Did you intend to cut off all research on the effects of guns or gun ownership in society?

EY: We didn't think about that. It turned out that that's what happened, but it wasn't aimed at that. And it wasn't necessary that all research stop. It just couldn't be the collection of data so that they can advocate gun control. That's all we were talking about. But for some reason, it just stopped altogether.

INSKEEP: Why do you think that was?

EY: I don't know, but that's where my regret is. I was on to other things and worrying about my cons uents. And I didn't follow through and say, we need - still need to do research. I didn't do that.

https://www.npr.org/2015/10/09/44709...lence-research

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    You know DMC is upset when he uses his alt to post.

ey Amendment
    That's rich coming from Adam Lambert's butthole buddy.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know DMC is upset when he has to invoke the alt of a separate poster he's not even replying to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know DMC is upset when he has to invoke the alt of a separate poster he's not even replying to.
    from his own alt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's rich coming from Adam Lambert's butthole buddy.
    My appreciation for Adam’s ability to send you into an emotional tailspin that had you Sleuthing email addresses you then used to x-ref other ST accounts in an effort to out an alt doesn’t make me his butthole buddy.

Remember when you were so emotionally fired up you started digging up email aladdresses posters used to create their ST accounts?

Classic DMC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Spending Bill The House Just Passed Would Protect Workers’ Hard-Earned Tips

So, the tip-saving provision.

As part of part of an amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act (a rider to the spending bill), it keeps employers from keeping pooled tips, or giving them to managers.

But wait!

There’s more!

It also gives workers the right to sue if their tips are stolen, and

authorizes the Labor Department to seek civil penalties for tip theft.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/03/22/that-spending-bill-the-house-just-passed-would-protect-workers-hard-earned-tips.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicu s+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending Plan Moving Through Congress Is a Rebuke to Trump. Here’s Why.

delivered a broad rebuke to President Trump’s vision for shaking up government,

ignoring many of his ideas for cutting domestic programs

and, in some cases, expressly barring him from accomplishing his goals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/u...er=rss&emc=rss

Swamp wins!

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I cleared my cookies and forgot my PW.

Narratives are like assholes.. actually they just came from two assholes.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    My appreciation for Adam’s ability to send you into an emotional tailspin that had you Sleuthing email addresses you then used to x-ref other ST accounts in an effort to out an alt doesn’t make me his butthole buddy.

Remember when you were so emotionally fired up you started digging up email aladdresses posters used to create their ST accounts?

Classic DMC
    X is an indication of...

X is not an indication of...

Classic autism boy "aladresses?"

You're his butthole buddy. Just move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cleared my cookies and forgot my PW.
    Lol dumbass

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Also...

The grain glitch lowers the tax bills of farmers who sell grain to cooperatives but at the expense of other farmers. Democrats at one point had sworn off allowing Republicans to iron out problems in their partisan tax bill passed last December.

looks like sickdsm got his wish...
    Democrats knowing something was rediculously unfair but whining about not letting them fix it.

Liberals are ed and un able.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats knowing something was rediculously unfair but whining about not letting them fix it.

Liberals are ed and un able.
    Your party is the one who broke it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your party is the one who broke it.
    give me my tax breaks!

Thread Information