Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
    Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the smacking begin. I can't believe this thread hasn't been started by now. I don't know if there is an official game thread starter or what. Either way, I don't care. I know this "doesn't count", but I hope it's a good game. I think it will be. Hopefully Terry watches the low blows. Hee Haw controls his temper and Dirk behaves around the stationary bikes. Hopefully Horry is over his teething phase as well(i'm fair). WCF preview. I'll be in Section 308 row E wearing my Silver and Black WITH PRIDE.
    VIVA LAS ESPUELAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that means GO SPURS to the non- s.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    man, all this hope in your post, nice to see...let me add one...

hopefully the spurs play their hearts out so that their little hopes of catching the suns don't get dashed to the ground so quickly because i don't want to see them rest...and hopefully avery doesn't give two farts about the game and sits the starters...alright, this will be my only smack for the game

ok, now the nice one: hopefully both teams stay injury free during the game, after the game and through the playoffs

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Udrih with the turnover

The People's Champ johnpaulwall21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn this is mighty early for the game thread but im ready for this heavyweight matchup. Bring IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    jj with the pass to willis for two!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting:

The only team that has at least as many games at the Mavs this year (65), and not won the NBA le, was the 1972-73 Celtics, who were eliminated in the Eastern Finals by the Knicks after John Havlicek went down with an injury.

The only teams that have had a point differential as high as the Spurs this year (+9.2), and not won the NBA le, lost to teams that had even higher point differentials, for example the 1971-72 Bucks who lost in the Western Final to the Lakers.

Of course, now that the Suns have all but clinched the #2 seed, Pop will rest players and get that point differential down below +9, where the second paragraph no longer applies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully avery doesn't give two farts about the game and sits the starters
    well he did last night with Hee Haw and Dirk getting the most minutes. Plus, this is Spurs vs. Mavs. It's always a dog fight. It's like Cowboys vs Redskins. Browns vs. Bengals. Yankees vs. Red Sox. I wonder what Cuban is giving out to everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that T-rex?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phoenix blowout utah, so... this game is pretty much meaningless

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    well he did last night with Hee Haw and Dirk getting the most minutes. Plus, this is Spurs vs. Mavs. It's always a dog fight. It's like Cowboys vs Redskins. Browns vs. Bengals. Yankees vs. Red Sox. I wonder what Cuban is giving out to everyone.
    dang, you believed that two bit spursdynasty with all his yapping about those two mavs dudes getting heavy minutes last night? let me put it into some perspective for you...dirk sat out the previous game so he was fresh and good to go for a rather light 29 minutes...josh howard sat out a couple of games last week so he was good to go for a rather light 31 minutes...no damp, no stack, no jho in last night's game...the game before last, there was no dirk, no stack, no damp, no devin...when you've got a dude like jj barea playing 26 minutes against a team like the jazz, i think it's safe to say that avery is limiting his players' minutes...he's not completely resting them, that would be stupid, he's just not going all out, which is something you probably should do against the spurs to get a win

i'm not saying that's what he will do, i just assume from looking at the last couple of games that that's what he might do, and it's my HOPE that he does so, this game means nothing for us and i won't care about a loss if some of the starters only average about 30 min apiece

but then, if he goes all out, of course it will be entertaining and i'll be back to talk smack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs 237
    mavs 48

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

all i know is, he's done something in the last two weeks to transform diop's game and at ude into something exciting to watch...he's a good coach for the big young one

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    there's too much of a rivalry for either side to just mail-in the game. it's going to be a dogfight. i'll actually be pissed if avery rests our starters if we have a chance to win. then again, i'll be pissed if dirk gets hurt too. it, the playoffs are taking too in' long.

and who's the new girl in ur sig, JGW?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    all i know is, he's done something in the last two weeks to transform diop's game and at ude into something exciting to watch...he's a good coach for the big young one
    diop has gotta be big for us in the playoffs, cuz lord knows dampier will only do so much before his "getting close to actually earning my salary"-o-meter goes off and he decides to back off and drop every pass that comes his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's too much of a rivalry for either side to just mail-in the game. it's going to be a dogfight. i'll actually be pissed if avery rests our starters if we have a chance to win.
    I hope both coaches do. This "meaningless" crap is old. All the sportscasters in here need to settle down and lighten up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i know is, he's done something in the last two weeks to transform diop's game and at ude into something exciting to watch
    .....like last night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit I should've led this "Meaningless Spurs @ Mavericks Game Thread". If someone can, please do. In no way does this post contain any sarcasm whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully the spurs play their hearts out so that their little hopes of catching the suns don't get dashed to the ground so quickly because i don't want to see them rest...
    You don't check box scores much, do you? The Suns are the only top 4 WC team still burning regular rotation minutes. In the last 10 games, Duncan has averaged 32.5 minutes. In the last five, he's averaged 31.8. Pop's been winding down the rotation for at least two weeks. The funny thing is that the Spurs keep winning, so PHO can't rest. Nash and Marion both played almost 36 minutes tonight. If we win tomorrow, they can't really rest until the last game. They have to go balls out to win game #81 Monday vs the Rox. Only then will they clinch #2. Spurs don't care if they're 2 or 3.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurs don't care if they're 2 or 3.
    And they shouldn't. They're gonna beat the lil' fake contender Suns in 5. And then the real series is on.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs are taking the Rockets too lightly. Their lack of D will let McGrady go for 40 while Yao goes for 30. Their reserves will do the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they shouldn't. They're gonna beat the lil' fake contender Suns in 5. And then the real series is on.
    Yes Sir

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs may not get out of the 2nd Round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk Nowitzki played. Josh Howard played. It's the Utah Jazz. I'll be suprised if Dirk doesn't play tomorrow. 30 minutes isn't light. 23 minutes or below, is.

You all say "Stackhouse and Terry were out" as if they're some huge major players on the team. It's all Dirk, Howard to a lesser extent, the rest just feed off of those two.

Spurs should be able to win, based on how they're playing now. Whether either team does/doesn't play their starters, it's a Spurs win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope to see james white get some minutes :P

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Mavs may not get out of the 2nd Round.
    die

Thread Information