Page 84 of 130 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3250
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An evil solution.

Better solution would be to hoover up anyone who wants to come.

We should let as many as want to escape failed regimes simply come over here. Our birthrate is too low as it stands.
    I'm not against immigration, I just want productive, prequalified immigrants. Opening the border to illiterate and unskilled mouths to feed and take care of just to be "nice" is just dumb as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would point out we had some similar things on our list. Remarkably similar.
    a smart friend pointed me to this, you may find it interesting about naked shorts in the market.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9tym5wqQ10
    Good link. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against immigration, I just want productive, prequalified immigrants. Opening the border to illiterate and unskilled mouths to feed and take care of just to be "nice" is just dumb as .
    Teach them.

Make them skilled.

BAM an investment with a solid rate of return.

Their kids will then also be productive, just like every immigrant group to the US has been since we have been taking in people.

Being nice benefits us economically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props.

COVID vaccinations and management
    single payer health care
    right wing terrorism
    China aggression on Taiwan and china sea
    Chinese genecide of uighers
    Russian efforts at undermining liberal democracy
    Reforming policing in the US
    Social safety net in general
    US infrastructure
    legalizing of most sched 1 drugs
    abolishing private prisons
    closing up loopholes concerning naked shorts

I can think of quite a few others that concern me beyond the border.

Hard to say what is the single most important ten, but that is roughly what i came up with quickly.
    I am curious how you propose to stop Chinese aggression in the China sea. They would absolutely kill us in a shooting war. Its halfway around the world with limited local base support for us and right in their back yard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden reverses, raises refugee cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious how you propose to stop Chinese aggression in the China sea. They would absolutely kill us in a shooting war. Its halfway around the world with limited local base support for us and right in their back yard.
    What would happen to the export-driven Chinese economy if a shooting war started?

We would lose militarily, but would stop buying Chinese goods, as would Europe in all likelihood. That would throw hundreds of millions of them out of work.

An economic apocalypse, and a version of MAD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're talking about Central American migrants, here's gotta be a clearer legal pathway to work. Agriculture, construction and hospitality need the workers and boutons isn't wrong that that some of these jobs (agriculture) Americans simply won't do.

An aging workforce, a below replacement birth rate and full employment might mean that we need much more immigration, not much less.
    the math isn't hard but the inertial moment of xenophobia sure is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no more forced hysterectomies, hopefully

A detention facility in Georgia where women claim they were subjected to unwanted medical procedures and a Massachusetts jail that has drawn complaints of inhumane conditions will no longer be used to detain immigrants, the Biden administration said Thursday.

The Department of Homeland Security said it would terminate contracts with the local government agency that runs the detention center in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, and with the private operator of the Irwin County Detention Center in Georgia.

Any detainees the U.S. believes should remain in custody will be transferred elsewhere, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in announcing the move, which had been sought by immigrant advocates.

“Allow me to state one foundational principle,” Mayorkas said, “We will not tolerate the mistreatment of individuals in civil immigration detention or substandard conditions of detention.”
    https://whdh.com/news/ice-to-close-d...e-allegations/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's major border shake-up

The Biden administration is preparing a major shake-up of U.S. border policy and leadership, Axios' Stef Kight reports.

• Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, tells Axios he’s been advised by a border official that as soon as mid-July the administration will end all use of a Trump-era policy citing COVID as a rationale to block migrants at the border.
    • The policy has prevented asylum seekers and other migrants from going through the normal immigration process at the border.

The big picture: Between Oct. 1 and the end of May, Border Patrol agents used that rule to expel 650,000 migrant families, children and adults.

• Border Patrol chief Rodney Scott told colleagues today that he’ll step aside in about 60 days so the administration “can place the person they want in the position.” Scott’s departure was first reported by the Washington Post.

The bottom line: President Biden and his team are seeking to balance humanitarian concerns and progressives’ demands against strains on national security, capacity and resources — with the risk of political bludgeoning by the right.

• A White House official said a decision on the rule was not yet final while acknowledging plans were under discussion.

-- AXIOS email

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The Biden administration is preparing a major shake-up of U.S. border policy and leadership, Axios' Stef Kight reports.

• Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, tells Axios he’s been advised by a border official that as soon as mid-July the administration will end all use of a Trump-era policy citing COVID as a rationale to block migrants at the border.
    • The policy has prevented asylum seekers and other migrants from going through the normal immigration process at the border.

The big picture: Between Oct. 1 and the end of May, Border Patrol agents used that rule to expel 650,000 migrant families, children and adults.

• Border Patrol chief Rodney Scott told colleagues today that he’ll step aside in about 60 days so the administration “can place the person they want in the position.” Scott’s departure was first reported by the Washington Post.

The bottom line: President Biden and his team are seeking to balance humanitarian concerns and progressives’ demands against strains on national security, capacity and resources — with the risk of political bludgeoning by the right.

• A White House official said a decision on the rule was not yet final while acknowledging plans were under discussion.

-- AXIOS email
    Mother er Biden, a race hustler only out hustled by his mentor, race hustler Hussein Obama wants a free range in harvesting those wet votes. The mother ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-- AXIOS email
    More details from Washington Post on directed reassignment of Scott:

Scott’s departure was widely anticipated, with several of his current and former colleagues surprised he remained in the post long after President Biden’s inauguration. During last year’s presidential campaign, Scott appeared several times alongside Trump, eagerly defending his hard-line policies, leading some colleagues to privately express concern that Scott’s enthusiasm occasionally veered into partisanship.

Am sure other announced retirements in senior leadership in CBP are for same the reason.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    More details from Washington Post on directed reassignment of Scott:

Scott’s departure was widely anticipated, with several of his current and former colleagues surprised he remained in the post long after President Biden’s inauguration. During last year’s presidential campaign, Scott appeared several times alongside Trump, eagerly defending his hard-line policies, leading some colleagues to privately express concern that Scott’s enthusiasm occasionally veered into partisanship.

Am sure other announced retirements in senior leadership in CBP are for same the reason.
    Oh, and your side never veers likewise, eh, Ef?

Mother er Biden just doesn't want anyone getting in his way. He's got Media complicit, now just has to clean out the last holdouts from President Trump's anti-wet administration and the will have clear sailing all along the line.

The s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s Call the “Border Crisis” What It Is: Another Big Lie From the Right

the present increase in border apprehensions hardly justifies the term “crisis.”

Apprehensions exceeded a million a year for most of the period from 1983 to 2006, but

they declined significantly during and after the Great Recession of 2007-2009.

This year’s increase is at most a return to normal.

Economic hardships created by COVID may have pushed more Mexican workers to cross the border, he noted, and

these conditions might also explain the increase in asylum seekers from Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, Nicaragua and Venezuela.

stepped-up border enforcement itself accounts for part of the increase. The number of apprehensions is inflated because of the le 42 policy

the policy makes it easier for migrants to attempt repeated crossings — and to be apprehended more than once.

In May 2021, recidivists accounted for 38 percent of apprehensions.

the number of people who cross the border without being apprehended might be five times lower now than it was 15 years ago.

The GOP’s hyped-up “border crisis” is simply the latest stage in a long-term process of exaggerating the impact of unauthorized immigration.

Undo ented U.S. residents only make up 3 percent of the country’s population, and the number has been declining since 2007.

Nevertheless, U.S. adults rank immigration as the second most important problem facing the U.S. iow, Repugs' lying works on gullible Americans

https://truthout.org/articles/lets-call-the-border-crisis-what-it-is-another-big-lie-from-the-right/

As always, Repugs refuse to solve the immigration problem so they can use it as a campaign inflamer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's kiddie concentration camps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden Administration hid a COVID outbreak at the child detention facility at Fort Bliss

"Covid was widespread among children and eventually spread to many employees. Hundreds of children contracted Covid in the overcrowded conditions. Adequate masks were not consistently provided to children, nor was their use consistently enforced," the whistleblowers, Arthur Pearlstein and Lauren Reinhold, said in a federal whistleblower complaint filed Wednesday

But at the end of their service, they said, federal detailees were regularly given written instructions from HHS public affairs that told them, "when asked, to make everything sound positive about the Fort Bliss experience and to play down anything negative."
    At a town hall with employees, a senior manager from the U.S. Public Health Service refused to share the rate of infections, explaining that he did not want the number to end up reported by the media, they said.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...grant-n1275261

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In their complaint, which was filed by lawyers from the Government Accountability Project, Pearlstein and Reinhold said two other contractors in addition to Servpro — Chenega Corporation and Rapid Deployment Inc. — also handled the close to $1 billion in contracts the federal government paid to operate Fort Bliss. None of the three companies had child care experience and they did not properly vet applicants to be sure they had relevant experience, they said.

As a result, federal detailees with no background in child psychology were asked to interview more than 5,000 children to assess whether they needed special attention due to a history of abuse or exposure to sex or labor trafficking. It was not clear from the complaint which company or government manager made the decision to staff the interviews with inexperienced workers.

"They did their level best, flagging those who required special attention," Pearlstein and Reinhold said. Only after assessing over 5,000 children were the workers reassigned because management determined they were not "qualified to do clinical assessment."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "open borders policy"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's more continuity between Biden and Trump than either side cares to admit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every detained migrant is tested for COVID; Texans only get tested if they are symptomatic or know they've been directly exposed to someone who has it.

the rate of positivity for the latter might be understated but however that may be, seems clear Texans are more dangerous to one another than immigrants are to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deep background

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Trash Repug) Federal Judge Overturns Biden Admin's Repeal Of Trump-era 'Remain In Mexico' Border
    Policy

https://www.newsweek.com/federal-jud...policy-1619372

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    federal illegal reentry law shot down for racist intent

https://webshare.law.ucla.edu/CILP/N...illo-Lopez.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBP asking agents nicely not to separate US citizens from their birth mothers

Thread Information