Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping tonight was the night the Pelicans would pass the Spurs, but you guys won’t ing go away.

If the goal is to make that 8 seed, the Spurs are running out of games. They're 5 back in the loss column, and down to 38 games left to play. The Spurs could catch fire, and the Griz could falter, but there are still three other teams to worry about. And all that is just to try and squeak into 8th for a first round exit.

You guys (Pelicans) have the pieces and picks on your roster in pretty good shape. Maybe it's time to start the winning culture. But the Spurs are stupid for winning games like this one.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you add Lyles effort who was superb on both ends, spurs youngens earned this win for the team.

Demar not playing forced Pops hand here to a certain degree. Thats why didnt mind Demar off the bench earlier in the season. Instead we got pop playing off Demar which in turn had a domino effect.

IE playing Forbes to space the floor for Demar and LA hanging outside.

Oh well its probably too late

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is a such a huge got for robbing us of this all season. Literally the thing we were all most excited for heading into the season and this mother er is still out here starting Brent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is a such a huge got for robbing us of this all season. Literally the thing we were all most excited for heading into the season and this mother er is still out here starting Brent.
    It reminds me how it took him nearly 2 years to start Splitter with Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

I think people imagine these supposed good grades I give Pop. I've given Pop like, what, two As all season? By reading all the " timvp why do you grade Pop so easily " comments, one would think he was actually getting Bs and higher every night.

His average on the season has to be lower than anyone not named Marco, tbh. And it might be lower than Marco.
    The natives are looking for others to blame. timvp is pretty damn honest on the grades. Of course there is a missed grade here or there but mostly on point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 Blks by Lyles, what did he eat today?
    I think he gaining confidence, that he really can make a difference, rather just a placeholder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Yeah, but without DeMar where do the points come from??"

They come from guys who also play defense.

Basketball 101.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Yeah, but without DeMar where do the points come from??"

They come from guys who also play defense.

Basketball 101.
    Beautiful game. It doesn't have to come from one guy, instead the ball will find the best shot. Demar causes the ball to stop with his iso, worst he doesn't play defense as well as Lonnie. Addition by subtraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This DeMar hate is so stupid, bro. They win one game without him and suddenly he was the cancer all along.

Brent Forms is still starting people. In the long term, he will always weigh the team down regardless of whether it's the White-Murray show or the DeMar show. Besides it can easily be the White-Murray-DeRozan show. Don't let Pop brainwash you into thinking they can't all start together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This DeMar hate is so stupid, bro. They win one game without him and suddenly he was the cancer all along.

Brent Forms is still starting people. In the long term, he will always weigh the team down regardless of whether it's the White-Murray show or the DeMar show. Besides it can easily be the White-Murray-DeRozan show. Don't let Pop brainwash you into thinking they can't all start together.
    Bryn started when Derozan was playing so what was the difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn started when Derozan was playing so what was the difference?
    It's a two game sample size. Are you seriously suggesting that this team is better without DD based on that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a two game sample size. Are you seriously suggesting that this team is better without DD based on that?
    It was suggested well before these games; this is all we have too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously have you ever played organized basketball before? Not trying to be snarky I just wanted to ask?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice win ... Murray finally with a stretch of multiple very good games in a row

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is the cancer not DeRozan. Of course the young guys look better without DeMar, but the team would look even better if it was Murray/White/DeRozan instead of Murray/White/Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously have you ever played organized basketball before? Not trying to be snarky I just wanted to ask?
    Your schtick is old. You ask everybody the same question and it’s not even asked right. Technically junior pro or little dribblers is organized basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your schtick is old. You ask everybody the same question and it’s not even asked right. Technically junior pro or little dribblers is organized basketball.
    Yeah ok. I can ask what I want when I want. I actually ask basketball questions not bull like 99% of you on here. So if my schtick is to actually talk basketball then yeah I'm guilty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes makes $2.8 mil. DeRozan makes $27.7 mil... 10X the salary! Replace DeRozan with two 3 & D guys who make $14 mil each and you've got a serious team. I agree Forbes gets way too many minutes, but DeRozan is the bigger problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why must the problem be Bryn OR Dumbmar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, it’s not that Derozan sucks or anything and he’s played well. It’s that even him playing well means questionable impact due to his style of play and deficiencies.

The point is many of us have been arguing that while on paper Derozan is absolutely better than any other player on the team and that Pops concerns about spacing (with or without Derozan) regards to playing White/Murray and Lonnie together are valid; it’s just on paper. And when evaluated beyond “hypothesis” stage that there are more than enough reasons to think that type of lineup would actually be net better.

In the small sample size it absolutely has been more than promising and it’s only due to Pops stubbornness that we have that small sample. It’s inexplicable that we do. If the other lineups were performing well and Sa was winning ok. But not the case.

Beyond that, with Derozan in particular, he’s basically the ONLY outlier regarding impact stats. Basically his entire career he graded out the same way: little to no actual impact despite being at top 20 guy. Pretty much all other top 20 players have both positive impact and the stats reflect that.

At some point you have to wonder why when I agree it’s perplexing to me and I’m not smart enough to explain why that is. Either way, it’s not about the small sample size of White/Murray. It’s the insanely LARGE sample size on Derozan.

The Murray/White stuff is what gives you hope and willingness to explore non Derozan life. But not saying that is even a slam dunk. Point is SA has a huge decision and I already thought there was zero justification for keeping Derozan and paying him for another deal. Now? After seeing this small sample size? It’s just another tally on that ledger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was so great about these two games without him that proves he's a cancer anyways? It's not like the Spurs haven't had solid wins with DeMar leading the charge.

Doesn't it just make a lot more sense to want DD-White-Murray instead of Forms-White-Murray?

Forbes makes $2.8 mil. DeRozan makes $27.7 mil... 10X the salary! Replace DeRozan with two 3 & D guys who make $14 mil each and you've got a serious team. I agree Forbes gets way too many minutes, but DeRozan is the bigger problem.
    Salary is irrelevant when we're looking at on the court impact. Brent plays the third most minutes on the team and sinks the team every second he's out there. The easiest, most obvious tink is to just throw him away.

We haven't gotten a chance to see White-Murray-DeMar on a regular basis. Throw Lonnie in there too. We literally don't even know what this team is capable of if Pop just plays his best guys together yet we want to blame DeMar? It's beyond stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why must the problem be Bryn OR Dumbmar?
    The real question is why is it White-Murray OR DeMar?

Again, it’s not that Derozan sucks or anything and he’s played well. It’s that even him playing well means questionable impact due to his style of play and deficiencies.

The point is many of us have been arguing that while on paper Derozan is absolutely better than any other player on the team and that Pops concerns about spacing (with or without Derozan) regards to playing White/Murray and Lonnie together are valid; it’s just on paper. And when evaluated beyond “hypothesis” stage that there are more than enough reasons to think that type of lineup would actually be net better.

In the small sample size it absolutely has been more than promising and it’s only due to Pops stubbornness that we have that small sample. It’s inexplicable that we do. If the other lineups were performing well and Sa was winning ok. But not the case.

Beyond that, with Derozan in particular, he’s basically the ONLY outlier regarding impact stats. Basically his entire career he graded out the same way: little to no actual impact despite being at top 20 guy. Pretty much all other top 20 players have both positive impact and the stats reflect that.

At some point you have to wonder why when I agree it’s perplexing to me and I’m not smart enough to explain why that is. Either way, it’s not about the small sample size of White/Murray. It’s the insanely LARGE sample size on Derozan.

The Murray/White stuff is what gives you hope and willingness to explore non Derozan life. But not saying that is even a slam dunk. Point is SA has a huge decision and I already thought there was zero justification for keeping Derozan and paying him for another deal. Now? After seeing this small sample size? It’s just another tally on that ledger.
    He's a different player than he was earlier in his career. Much better playmaker, more efficient.

Let's find out what this DD can do with White/Murray/Lonnie by his side. The one game White and Lonnie started alongside him the starters went into MIL and played toe to toe with their starters. This was earlier in the year when the starters were routinely getting into large holes to start games too. Why aren't we clamoring for a bigger sample size of that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was so great about these two games without him that proves he's a cancer anyways? It's not like the Spurs haven't had solid wins with DeMar leading the charge.

Doesn't it just make a lot more sense to want DD-White-Murray instead of Forms-White-Murray?

Salary is irrelevant when we're looking at on the court impact. Brent plays the third most minutes on the team and sinks the team every second he's out there. The easiest, most obvious tink is to just throw him away.

We haven't gotten a chance to see White-Murray-DeMar on a regular basis. Throw Lonnie in there too. We literally don't even know what this team is capable of if Pop just plays his best guys together yet we want to blame DeMar? It's beyond stupid.
    It's not two games-- it's 11 seasons and 6 playoff series of mediocre to poor advanced stats. Unlike LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi, Jokic, Duncan, Ginobili, etc., etc. DeRozan does not make his teams better when he's on the floor. Look at his numbers in the playoffs-- this isn't some made up conspiracy theory: https://www.basketball-reference.com...derozde01.html.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so DeMar doesn't stack up well against once in a generation type guys like Nephew, Giannis, and LeBron. Fair.

How does Brent stack up with elite starting SGs?

p.s. I honestly can't believe I'm having a Forms vs DeMar discussion. It's like comparing KIAs to Porsches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real question is why is it White-Murray OR DeMar?

He's a different player than he was earlier in his career. Much better playmaker, more efficient.

Let's find out what this DD can do with White/Murray/Lonnie by his side. The one game White and Lonnie started alongside him the starters went into MIL and played toe to toe with their starters. This was earlier in the year when the starters were routinely getting into large holes to start games too. Why aren't we clamoring for a bigger sample size of that?
    Bruh - even this year(haven’t checked lately) SA has been better with him off the court I believe. How much more do you need? It’s not the fact he MAY be good with White/Murray/Lonnie - it’s that we know we have a good shot without him and you can then get assets for him or use way less money to find guys you know FOR SURE are a good fit next to a younger and way less expensive core that is ascending (to what ceiling, have no idea though) vs sinking even more money into a guy that while putting up nice box scores doesn’t seem to be impacting winning.

Thread Information