Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2513
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could offer Young, Aminu and Hutch for Harris. Tobias is probably overpaid by about $10 Million per year, and that does affect long-term cap space if Lonnie turns out to be a keeper. But he'd likely be the best player on the team next year at a position of weakness, providing a sorely needed skill-set. He'd also expire the same time that Murray, McDermott and Collins do, so the Spurs could move onto whatever else after that. Depending on what the Spurs could get as compensation for taking on the contract, it could be worth it. It just makes a lot less sense after already committing money to McD and Collins. It also doesn't help how long Harris has been around and that his most expensive years will come when he's in his 30s.
    Available doesn't = being shopped. An aspiring contender, who already has their second best player in flux, is not going to salary dump their third best player just because he makes X amount more than ideal and especially when it's not as if it'd create flexibility to adequately replace, much less upgrade him.

Putting a few of the pieces together, you could do this 3 way trade (with pick littered in):

SAS: Simmons
    PHI: Bojan + Murray + Lonnie w/picks from UTH & SAS
    UTH: Aminu + Hutch w/SAS 2nds
    Not bad value wise (presuming the Spurs picks are lightly protected), but similar to what I said above, only with the Jazz replacing the 76ers.

Also, Bogdanovic and Harris are not a great fit together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While we are fanning the flames of this whole Simmons situation:

[Wojnarowski] Minnesota's one team that has been persistent with Philadelphia (Ben Simmons trade) but they've needed to have really third and even four teams in those kind of deals: https://streamable.com/bgm5lh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Eubanks' contract becomes guaranteed, we can assume he's a mainstay for the 2021-2022 roster, right? At least until before the trade deadline...

My guesses on players who aren't going anywhere at least until the trade deadline:

Keldon - would be strange timing
    Primo - seems the Spurs are high on him
    Wieskamp - 0 value
    McDermott - just signed
    Landale - just signed
    Forbes - just signed
    Tre Jones - personally think the Spurs are high on him
    Zach Collins - just signed
    Vassell - personally think the Spurs are high on him

Unsure status

Murray - personally feel like he belongs in the first list, but I'll keep him here for now for that 5% chance
    White - personally feel like he belongs in the first list, but I'll keep him here for now for that 5% chance
    Poeltl - personally feel like he belongs in the first list, but I'll keep him for now for that 5% chance
    Eubanks
    KBD
    Luka
    Thaddeus Young
    Aminu
    Lonnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I say "at least until the trade deadline", I might as well say the whole season... Let's be real, guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    4h
    Garrett Temple signed a three-year, $15.5 million deal with the New Orleans Pelicans that includes a non-guaranteed third year, league sources told @hoopshype. Temple was acquired in a sign-and-trade deal with the Chicago Bulls for Lonzo Ball.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    7h The Memphis Grizzlies are trading Patrick Beverley to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch, two years after getting drafted at #6, Jarrett Culver's getting tossed around the league as filler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not advocating it, but the Spurs probably could have traded Young for Culver and Hernangomez and declined.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-17-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real questions are what do the Grizzlies and Spurs plan on doing with their 20 players and are there even roster spots available on other teams haha

Anyone know of a list of current roster spots available on each team? Seems like only the T-Wolves have space for a 3 to 1 player trade at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu is in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real questions are what do the Grizzlies and Spurs plan on doing with their 20 players and are there even roster spots available on other teams haha

Anyone know of a list of current roster spots available on each team? Seems like only the T-Wolves have space for a 3 to 1 player trade at this point.
    According to spotrac the Spurs have 15 players on the active roster at this time.

Murray, White, Jones, Primo

Walker, Vassell, Keldon

Young, McDermott, Aminu, Hutchison, Luka

Poeltl, Eubanks, Collins

Pending:
    Forbes, Landale

It doesn’t show any two-ways yet.

Diop is listed as only a cap hold at this time.

Here’s their page with links for all the teams:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu is in San Antonio
    I wonder if he's there for a physical. The trade was already called in, but theoretically it could be nixed if he fails and SA cared about that. I don't assume he's there for buyout talks, since that's something his agent would handle, especially in a case like this. AFA makes some sense for the Spurs as a player if he is healthyish again. I think he has a legit chance to stay into the season if he's not traded within the next two weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he's there for a physical. The trade was already called in, but theoretically it could be nixed if he fails and SA cared about that. I don't assume he's there for buyout talks, since that's something his agent would handle, especially in a case like this. AFA makes some sense for the Spurs as a player if he is healthyish again. I think he has a legit chance to stay into the season if he's not traded within the next two weeks.
    What role would he even play? Surely even if he was double his production from Orlando days, he'll still be low on the rotation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to spotrac the Spurs have 15 players on the active roster at this time.

Murray, White, Jones, Primo

Walker, Vassell, Keldon

Young, McDermott, Aminu, Hutchison, Luka

Poeltl, Eubanks, Collins

Pending:
    Forbes, Landale

It doesn’t show any two-ways yet.

Diop is listed as only a cap hold at this time.

Here’s their page with links for all the teams:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/
    I like spotrac. Especially for this too. I really want to see what Forbes and Landale get for contracts too.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was curious about the Zollins contract and googled to see who his agent is: Mark Bartlestein. He also represents Doug McDermott and Chandler Hutcheson...and Demarre Carrol. Only one of those players (McDermott, obviously) actually is going to get minutes this year. I know there are only so many agents out there, but is he blackmailing the team or something. Lol.

https://hoopshype.com/reps/mark-bartelstein/
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 08-18-2021 at 06:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu is in San Antonio
    Spurs probably doing their due diligence and will work him out to see if he has anything left in the tank.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I was curious about the Zollins contract and googled to see who his agent is: Mark Bartlestein. He also represents Doug McDermott and Aaron Hutcheson...and Demarre Carrol. Only one of those players (McDermott, obviously) actually is going to get minutes this year. I know there are only so many agents out there, but is he blackmailing the team or something. Lol.

https://hoopshype.com/reps/mark-bartelstein/
    Every washed up role player needs to hire this guy as their agent. Guaranteed pay day from the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Eubanks contract now fully guaranteed for the year?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Eubanks contract now fully guaranteed for the year?
    It becomes fully guaranteed on Friday (Spotrac)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Physical makes sense and even if they didn't care about it when they gave the go ahead to the Derozan trade, any potential trade partners will care whether he can play or not to extract assets in exchange for taking him away from the Spurs, which means Most likely he's staying. The Spurs aren't at a point where they would give up anything to dump him. So he's likely staying put in the untradeable list bc he's a negative asset until he can play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s see if aminu has anything left in the tank.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Physical makes sense and even if they didn't care about it when they gave the go ahead to the Derozan trade, any potential trade partners will care whether he can play or not to extract assets in exchange for taking him away from the Spurs, which means Most likely he's staying. The Spurs aren't at a point where they would give up anything to dump him. So he's likely staying put in the untradeable list bc he's a negative asset until he can play.

Aminu was signed into the NTMLE space, and this is the last year of his contract. So the space he’s taking up will be free next summer. It’s better than a multi year deal taking that space, while the Spurs reshape the team. How well he can play, um, it’s unclear if that’s even the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if we didn't know it already, it has been informed to the press that the Spurs are looking to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if we didn't know it already, it has been informed to the press that the Spurs are looking to trade him.

Lol it’s funny how stuff that’s obvious to many on here immediately takes this long

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cites to the same Cleveland reporter from the other day, so not a new thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix remains a likely party, after Saric is out and with the belief that they have a championship window still open, but the salaries don't match. Maybe both teams are fishing around for a third party.

Thread Information