Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still hasn't been mentioned in the Spurs Twitter page. Maybe a glimmer of hope there was nothing to the news of him being signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the weirdest dream. I dreamt this franchise was about to re-sign this ing loser.

Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to suck when we click on this thread and see the ace3g update with Forbes' contract details

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to suck when we click on this thread and see the ace3g update with Forbes' contract details
    Well Bryn won't be scrambling for rent no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep checking in case, but expect contract details would deserve its own thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it’s possible that Pop reached out to Forbes and told him the Spurs would act as his security blanket and sign him to a contract in case he couldn’t find a better offer elsewhere, and that’s why it was reported in the media we had agreed to terms with him, but that in reality Forbes is still searching for a bigger contract from another team which is why we haven’t officially signed him yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it’s possible that Pop reached out to Forbes and told him the Spurs would act as his security blanket and sign him to a contract in case he couldn’t find a better offer elsewhere, and that’s why it was reported in the media we had agreed to terms with him, but that in reality Forbes is still searching for a bigger contract from another team which is why we haven’t officially signed him yet.
    The media wouldn't have reported that we agreed to terms with him if he was still searching for a better contract.

Everybody's hoping he's going to pull a Morris and renege but in order for that to happen he would have to:

1. Actually be wanted by other teams. The reality is no one wants Forbes. If it wasn't for us, he'd be playing overseas next season.
    2. Actually be s my enough to pull off a Morris-like stunt. Forbes has too much "character" to do something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were stuck with him,get over it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who plays better defense? Forbes or the Afghan army?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if SA basically allowed Forbes to use SA as leverage without a real signing ever being the intention? Far fetched but maybe they did him a solid and let him float it with a back up plan of only a small guarantee where he has to beat out Tre in camp to not be waived if another team doesn’t bite?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weeks later.........Still shocking hes back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weeks later.........Still shocking hes back
    Maybe we should call him the delta variant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if SA basically allowed Forbes to use SA as leverage without a real signing ever being the intention? Far fetched but maybe they did him a solid and let him float it with a back up plan of only a small guarantee where he has to beat out Tre in camp to not be waived if another team doesn’t bite?
    I doubt it. Unless I missed Landale signing, there's no reason to believe Forbes is not coming back. It's clear those two players are both waiting for the same cue to ink their deals. Bryn also opted out of guaranteed money and then agreed pretty quickly. That suggests he wasn't desperate for a deal, even though his market was probably not all that intense either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it. Unless I missed Landale signing, there's no reason to believe Forbes is not coming back. It's clear those two players are both waiting for the same cue to ink their deals. Bryn also opted out of guaranteed money and then agreed pretty quickly. That suggests he wasn't desperate for a deal, even though his market was probably not all that intense either.
    Agree on likelihood but Bryn opting out was a mistake and as far as FA goes he was not early imo. He was the last thing. My guess is market dried up fast on a lot of guys and Sa did him a solid. But agree there’s nothing to suggest he’s not actually signing.

Was more of a hope lol

But I do hope that he gets a contract that is conducive to camp being a real compe ive place and if Tre Lonnie Vassell all beat him he’s waived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be wrong but I think the spurs and Bryn probably agreed to wait on signing the deal so he could enjoy the time he has left to be a champion with the bucks because once you sign with a new team that would be kinda weird to still celebrate their championship

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Afgan army at least they knew they need to pack it up and head home than to stand there and get killed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on likelihood but Bryn opting out was a mistake and as far as FA goes he was not early imo. He was the last thing. My guess is market dried up fast on a lot of guys and Sa did him a solid. But agree there’s nothing to suggest he’s not actually signing.

Was more of a hope lol

But I do hope that he gets a contract that is conducive to camp being a real compe ive place and if Tre Lonnie Vassell all beat him he’s waived.
    I was gonna entertain the idea that Forbes' signing might be an S&T, but the best contract Bryn could get in that scenario is a bit less than $9M/3. Something's telling me he's not signing that. An issue with that deal would be that MKE can't really justify taking back any salary to facilitate that with their tax situation. I'm sure they'd love to do an S&T if they could get a TE, but neither team likely wants to pay a third team to take, say Hutchison to make the numbers work. They could trade Eubanks for Forbes on that contract, and maybe Milwaukee is okay with that given their lack of good center depth. That would leave the full RE open for Landale or whomever else and would probably full clean up the roster. Again, though, I doubt Bryn would go for locking himself into that contract, and Spurs fans better hope that Forbes isn't going to sign a three- (or four-)year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna entertain the idea that Forbes' signing might be an S&T, but the best contract Bryn could get in that scenario is a bit less than $9M/3. Something's telling me he's not signing that. An issue with that deal would be that MKE can't really justify taking back any salary to facilitate that with their tax situation. I'm sure they'd love to do an S&T if they could get a TE, but neither team likely wants to pay a third team to take, say Hutchison to make the numbers work. They could trade Eubanks for Forbes on that contract, and maybe Milwaukee is okay with that given their lack of good center depth. That would leave the full RE open for Landale or whomever else and would probably full clean up the roster. Again, though, I doubt Bryn would go for locking himself into that contract, and Spurs fans better hope that Forbes isn't going to sign a three- (or four-)year deal.
    It’s def not out of the realm Bryn gets a much smaller deal than expected. Things dried up crazy fast and he made a mistake. Luckily SA had his back due to him being a good guy and “vet” but so many players had to take way less (Dennis Schroeder etc) than they ever imagined. Not taking extensions and opting out were mistakes for most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if it’s a 3 team sign and trade with Thad going to another team and there are multiple suitors?

SA Gets: Forbes + 1st + ballast
    MIL Gets: TE + 2nd
    3rd Team Gets: Thad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya this is real surprising.
    Guy who bidded against no one and made 50 Paddy and Loyalty Gasol 48.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are rumors that they are still trying to trade Thad, that has to be resolved first. Then Landale and/or KBD to sign to get over the cap. Bryn is the last once they got access to the room exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are rumors that they are still trying to trade Thad, that has to be resolved first. Then Landale and/or KBD to sign to get over the cap. Bryn is the last once they got access to the room exception.
    It's not likely that they HAVE to resolve the Young trade first, but it's possible. That rumored Saric/Smith package saves the team a chunk of space, and if they can add Eubanks and/or Hutch to the deal, it would save them even more. I don't know what they'd be able to do with the space at that point, but maybe they are counting on it.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too soon

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afgan army at least they knew they need to pack it up and head home than to stand there and get killed.
    lol bryn has never taken a charge lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not likely that they HAVE to resolve the Young trade first, but it's possible. That rumored Saric/Smith package saves the team a chunk of space, and if they can add Eubanks and/or Hutch to the deal, it would save them even more. I don't know what they'd be able to do with the space at that point, but maybe they are counting on it.
    Lol adding Eubanks to a deal where you already signed a worse player in Collins and then get a worse player in Smith too

Thread Information