My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get over yourselves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was awesome in that series and deserved the MVP.

I wonder how history would have been rewritten had they won in 2013. Winning a Finals MVP in three separate decades would have been pretty awesome.
    Yeah, maybe the revisionst history national media might not have pretended the "beautiful game" era was the Pop and S bag show and actually gave the three best players their due instead.

Andre was 31 y/o in 2015. Dude was scoring like 7 ppg 10% usage that year.. more role player than Danny. Probably odds in Vegas for Danny to be mvp were much much higher than Andre
    Iguodala at least provided secondary play making.

As good as Green was through the first 5 games, a role player (like '14 S bag) should never win Finals MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green averaged 18/4/1/1/2 in the first five games of the 2013 Finals. He was excellent on both ends. The suggestion that he would not have deserved to win had he done that in a decisive Game Six win is not well founded. You could've made the argument for Duncan, but it was definitely "close".
    he would not have deserved it.. most valuable player in this final was Tim and no it was not particularly close. Give me a break with Green already. It was definitely closer in 14 with you Leonard tho but in 14 Tim deserved it too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 was all Parker. He had a matchup that the Cavs could do nothing about and he beat up the Cavs time and again. Other guys played great, obviously, because it was a sweep, but that was the year Tim and Manu handed the reins over to Parker to dominate.
    The Cavs were in 07. I'm talking about the Beautiful Game Spurs in 14. KL was named FMVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would not have deserved it.. most valuable player in this final was Tim and no it was not particularly close. Give me a break with Green already. It was definitely closer in 14 with you Leonard tho but in 14 Tim deserved it too
    Give yourself a break. We all love Duncan, but Tim put the team on his back in the latter two games. That's what created the gap before that, Green was the storyline, both from his threes and his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili got fouled by Bosh in the waning seconds of regulation. The Spurs were robbed.
    Yeah, he got mugged. I still remember a tweet from Freddie Coleman actually mocking Manu for "trying to get a call" and being like, "too bad!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP screwed us because he didn't want Green to win FMVP tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP screwed us because he didn't want Green to win FMVP tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give yourself a break. We all love Duncan, but Tim put the team on his back in the latter two games. That's what created the gap before that, Green was the storyline, both from his threes and his defense.
    oh so Green was finals MVP the first 5 games... so he deserved the mvp based on what ? 5>2 ? Is there anything that Green did better than Duncan during this serie ? the first five games... you are right tho he played well the first 5 and went totally MIA last 2. Question here was if Spurs win who get the MVP ? you give the MVP to a dude that shat the bed last two games like 2/19 shooting, 0 assist, -12 on near 80 mn played because he played slightly better than Tim Duncan (3 more ppg and what ?) who last two games scored 54 pts on 21/39 +18, during the 5 first.

storyline of 5 games out of 7 smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, I get the if the Spurs won in 6 games with Green had a monster game... that's a lot of ifs. Game 6 Green was not just pedestrian dude was a disaster. Game 6 Parker is +8, Tim +16 ?! Green -12 shooting 1/7 a zombie out there, Duncan scored 30 that night, 17 rebounds. Now I can go also to the road of imagine Duncan was just not great but stratospheric smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili got fouled by Bosh in the waning seconds of regulation. The Spurs were robbed.

So did Danny Green on his 3-point attempt. Clear, blatant body foul. That’s called 100% of the time in today’s NBA. Refs decided to swallow their whistle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did Danny Green on his 3-point attempt. Clear, blatant body foul. That’s called 100% of the time in today’s NBA. Refs decided to swallow their whistle.

We got screwed over any which way at the end of that game. I knew they were fouls at the time. I never went back to watch it as I was too angry (still am any time I see footage like the above). When was the foul on Manu? At the end of regulation or was it the overtime?

Lebron, no ing way do I want him getting any more rings. He doesn't deserve . He has one of ours and also has one of Duncan's finals MVPs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What kind of dumbass play was this anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh so Green was finals MVP the first 5 games... so he deserved the mvp based on what ? 5>2 ? Is there anything that Green did better than Duncan during this serie ? the first five games... you are right tho he played well the first 5 and went totally MIA last 2. Question here was if Spurs win who get the MVP ? you give the MVP to a dude that shat the bed last two games like 2/19 shooting, 0 assist, -12 on near 80 mn played because he played slightly better than Tim Duncan (3 more ppg and what ?) who last two games scored 54 pts on 21/39 +18, during the 5 first.

storyline of 5 games out of 7 smh
    also, I get the if the Spurs won in 6 games with Green had a monster game... that's a lot of ifs. Game 6 Green was not just pedestrian dude was a disaster. Game 6 Parker is +8, Tim +16 ?! Green -12 shooting 1/7 a zombie out there, Duncan scored 30 that night, 17 rebounds. Now I can go also to the road of imagine Duncan was just not great but stratospheric smh
    The question wasn't "Who was the best player for the Spurs in the 2013 Finals?" That's how you're answering it, because you're looking at what actually happened and picking from that. But what actually happened is that the Spurs lost, and the loser doesn't get a fMVP. So at some point, you have to change the timeline. If you change it at Ray Allen's shot in Game Six or Duncan's miss in Game Seven, you can make a strong case for Duncan. If you play those two games over again, then it opens up, because Green, Duncan and Parker all had cases going into that game. Duncan pulled away in the real world, because the Heat changed their entire defense to stop Green from shooting. It's not surprising that Tim had his two best scoring games once he became a lower priority to check. But if the Heat just didn't do that, and Game Six was just another game in the series that the Spurs won, Green had the storyline and the numbers to get the award.

And you think that's silly, but then the next two fMVPs were also awarded to role-players as opposed to the stars on their teams, so. Like it or not, fMVP isn't the same thing as "best player". It's something voted on by the media, and the "storylines" you mock matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of dumbass play was this anyways...
    Pop doesn't get enough for his end-of-game plays. The Spurs' game at the end of Game Seven in 2015 was also terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely Duncan. His 25 points in the first half of game 6, combined with recency bias (final game) & the American fixation with stars, would've easily seen him get it IMO.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan was the ing powertrain of the franchise. He deserved every single finals MVP and I count 2007, 2013 and 2014 as being stolen from him.

We saw what happened when Duncan left. The wheels fell off of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question wasn't "Who was the best player for the Spurs in the 2013 Finals?" That's how you're answering it, because you're looking at what actually happened and picking from that. But what actually happened is that the Spurs lost, and the loser doesn't get a fMVP. So at some point, you have to change the timeline. If you change it at Ray Allen's shot in Game Six or Duncan's miss in Game Seven, you can make a strong case for Duncan. If you play those two games over again, then it opens up, because Green, Duncan and Parker all had cases going into that game. Duncan pulled away in the real world, because the Heat changed their entire defense to stop Green from shooting. It's not surprising that Tim had his two best scoring games once he became a lower priority to check. But if the Heat just didn't do that, and Game Six was just another game in the series that the Spurs won, Green had the storyline and the numbers to get the award.

And you think that's silly, but then the next two fMVPs were also awarded to role-players as opposed to the stars on their teams, so. Like it or not, fMVP isn't the same thing as "best player". It's something voted on by the media, and the "storylines" you mock matter.
    well if we win in 6 Allen missed his shot -> duncan mvp
    if we win in 7 -> duncan mvp

Duncan was the best player that serie and is enough of a story to get dat trophy imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iguodala was an all-star caliber player and the franchise leader in Philly though before his time in Golden State. LDN would have been the most unorthodox Finals MVP of all time, but many reports seem to point to Timmy getting it that year if they won.
    If Curry never win another ring, Dubs will forever hate that call. Curry not getting a single Finals MVP the guy that put Dubs back and revolutionized, for better or worse, the modern NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs lost in 2013!! Get over it!! Geez.
    How about stfu tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Curry never win another ring, Dubs will forever hate that call. Curry not getting a single Finals MVP the guy that put Dubs back and revolutionized, for better or worse, the modern NBA.
    season mvp is way way more important so i don't think it matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    season mvp is way way more important so i don't think it matters.
    I think you start counting those accolades when you’re already talking about top 10 or 15 players all time. Those add up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Stuff like that is usually not called at the end of post season games, tbh.

I do think the play where Allen stripped Manu was a clear foul that should have been called no matter what the situation is.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would be Tim Duncan. Danny Green was huge in that series, but playoff Timmy is hard to upstage.

Thread Information