Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure nobody thinks simmons is going to lead the spurs to a championship in the next 4 years

any single one of these guys -- lebron, kd, curry, giannis, jokic -- isn't leading the spurs to a championship

the spurs are going to suck. really, really, really suck.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy the lazy thing. He can be fixed, he is getting knocked for not being aggressive and passing up shots. I’d rather have a project like that, than a DeRozan type going 3-19 in playoff games sinking his team.
    If he does shoot he misses unless it is a close shot. Having him shoot more does not help how he is as a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the latest ST article published discusses Murray, White and a first for Simmons. Considering Philly was asking originally for 4 firsts, that seems a lot more reasonable, but my guess is Philly wouldn't take it without more being added to the deal.

I also don't love the idea of losing White. This team is notably better when he's playing. Looking at the dropoff last season after he got hurt. We went from a playoff team to zilch. A healthy White is pretty darn important to the Spurs' success I think.

A White/Simmons backcourt could be pretty darn formidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the latest ST article published discusses Murray, White and a first for Simmons. Considering Philly was asking originally for 4 firsts, that seems a lot more reasonable, but my guess is Philly wouldn't take it without more being added to the deal.

I also don't love the idea of losing White. This team is notably better when he's playing. Looking at the dropoff last season after he got hurt. We went from a playoff team to zilch. A healthy White is pretty darn important to the Spurs' success I think.

I like White especially the defense and intangibles that he brings. He’s such a high bball IQ and Manusque unselfish. But if that would take and Derek can’t seem to stay healthy. Simmons potentially would be the main facilitator. I want to see what Lonnie and Samanic can bring, and would hate to be wrong about them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben is a great player under a Giannis system where he is the Giannis.

He’s not going to score as much, but he doesn’t have to clog the lane or watch embiid post up.

If the Spurs are serious about Ben Simmons, they also need to be serious at committing to a system that caters towards him.

He’s a great talent that will raise the teams overall potential, but he’s also incredibly difficult to work with. If the Spurs aren’t committed to changing the system to cater to Ben..they should look somewhere else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like White especially the defense and intangibles that he brings. He’s such a high bball IQ and Manusque unselfish. But if that would take and Derek can’t seem to stay healthy. Simmons potentially would be the main facilitator. I want to see what Lonnie and Samanic can bring, and would hate to be wrong about them.
    I'd rather not lose both White and Murray, it definitely should be one or the other. Throw in Lonnie, Devin or whomever but keep one of White and Murray. (My preference would be White to keep).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather not lose both White and Murray, it definitely should be one or the other. Throw in Lonnie, Devin or whomever but keep one of White and Murray. (My preference would be White to keep).
    I agree. But since Simmons would be the main ball handler, it would be redundant and would rather keep both Lonnie and Samanic because of their high ceiling potential. I love White but he has yet to keep healthy all season.

Nice signature by the way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But since Simmons would be the main ball handler, it would be redundant and would rather keep both Lonnie and Samanic because of their high ceiling potential. I love White but he has yet to keep healthy all season.

Nice signature by the way
    White was recovering from surgery during a shortened offseason, and then rolled his ankle on Poodle’s foot, which could literally happen to anyone. Otherwise, he misses like 6 games.

White also would play off Simmons better, and provide better spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmmmm, straw hat and ankle ribbons. Perfection. What was the question? It doesn’t matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about White and I really like the dude time
    line wise he doesn't really fit he is 28. If you could make that trade you do it. The other thing is if you make that deal and still have Young there are some rumors of Young plus to Sacramento for Hield. Your surrounding Simmons with shooters if you can pull something like that off. I really want Simmons and if you could turn Young Plus into Hield who I really like you have some sharp shooters for Simmons to do what he does. I'd love it!!! Not sure how old Hield is but the way he shoots 3s at 40% clip that's special.

just checked Hield is 28 but I'd still do it his game holds up better and he not made of glass.
    Last edited by Payote75; 09-13-2021 at 12:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about White and I really like the dude time
    line wise he doesn't really fit he is 28. If you could make that trade you do it. The other thing is if you make that deal and still have Young there are some rumors of Young plus to Sacramento for Hield. Your surrounding Simmons with shooters if you can pull something like that off. I really want Simmons and if you could turn Young Plus into Hield who I really like you have some sharp shooters for Simmons to do what he does. I'd love it!!! Not sure how old Hield is but the way he shoots 3s at 40% clip that's special.

just checked Hield is 28 but I'd still do it his game holds up better and he not made of glass.
    Hield only does one thing. White does like 100 things, and he ng isn’t 28. Besides, if he were, that would be a reason other teams wouldn’t want him.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs has gotten public already
    by the "it" which hasn't gone public, does windbag mean the "team" that's interested, or the "offer" the team has made?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White won't turn 28 until the moratorium next summer. This is his age-27 season.

I think people's trade rationale is ridiculous. If White is good but injured, why would you trade him? You're moving him when he has little value when you have four years to pump him up and get a lot more out of him. Of course, they shouldn't trade White at all, but if they're gonna commit to that, they still shouldn't consider it this season.

Also, the Spurs don't have a timeline. White and Primo equally "fit". Until they get someone good enough to open a window, they don't have a window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs has gotten public already
    No they haven't. Or do you believe this "chatter" bull ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they haven't. Or do you believe this "chatter" bull ?

I mean spurs is interested is public already. Thus we have this chatter.
    Allan did pointed out "it" might mean the package is not public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean spurs is interested is public already. Thus we have this chatter.
    Allan did pointed out "it" might mean the package is not public.
    No bro, Mr. Body is super well connected and knows for a fact what our FO is doing nothing to see here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll bet it’s Indy. Sabonis supposedly wants out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll bet it’s Indy. Sabonis supposedly wants out.
    Unless it's a 3 way trade sabonis with embiid feels weird

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless it's a 3 way trade sabonis with embiid feels weird
    Better fit than Simmons. Sabonis shoots about two and a half treys a game at 32%. He’s been listed as a PF for the last two years.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmmmm, straw hat and ankle ribbons. Perfection. What was the question? It doesn’t matter.
    OK BillMc, time to post a link to the rest of the shoot for straw hat and ankle ribbons girl. Also the video.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better fit than Simmons. Sabonis shoots about two and a half treys a game at 32%. He’s been listed as a PF for the last two years.
    Tobias Harris? Off the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris? Off the bench?
    That doesn’t solve their need to move Simmons.

Thread Information